Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Gods of Bay12: OOC Thread  (Read 29987 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Bay12: OOC Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2013, 09:28:09 pm »

Exponential increase does not beat steady decline when the steady decline is upon something that starts infinite.  No matter how much of an increase there is, it can never catch up to infinity.  Really, my comprise idea is the one that basically makes the most sense.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2013, 09:56:37 pm »

Well, at this point what really matters isn't VOLUME, but RATE.

So that's what we need to determine.

Basically, whether the rate at which Void can consume the Creation is greater than the rate at which the Plague can convert it, or not.

We know that the Void's ability to consume matter must be constant, excepting factors such as exhaustion and the like.

We also know that the Plague's ability to consume increases exponentially with population, but we don't know their growth rate, so that'll need to be another variable.

Essentially, what we've created is the foundation for an expanding universe, in theory.

As long as V>P^(RT), (with V being the Void's ability to consume, P being a single unit of plague's ability to consume, R being the rate of growth of the Plague, and T being time) then the Void will continuously encroach on reality.

However, once V=P^(RT), the universe will stabilize.

and as V<P^(RT), the universe will begin to grow, encroaching more and more on the Void, growing faster with each tick.

Anyone see any problems? (other than the assumption that V must be a finite value, since I know you're probably going to point that out, Xan. On the other hand, you have to be equivalent (roughly) to one of the Greater Gods, and it's been shown that they're not omnipotent, just powerful.)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2013, 10:14:00 pm »

Well, at this point what really matters isn't VOLUME, but RATE.

So that's what we need to determine.

Basically, whether the rate at which Void can consume the Creation is greater than the rate at which the Plague can convert it, or not.

We know that the Void's ability to consume matter must be constant, excepting factors such as exhaustion and the like.

We also know that the Plague's ability to consume increases exponentially with population, but we don't know their growth rate, so that'll need to be another variable.

Essentially, what we've created is the foundation for an expanding universe, in theory.

As long as V>P^(RT), (with V being the Void's ability to consume, P being a single unit of plague's ability to consume, R being the rate of growth of the Plague, and T being time) then the Void will continuously encroach on reality.

However, once V=P^(RT), the universe will stabilize.

and as V<P^(RT), the universe will begin to grow, encroaching more and more on the Void, growing faster with each tick.

Anyone see any problems? (other than the assumption that V must be a finite value, since I know you're probably going to point that out, Xan. On the other hand, you have to be equivalent (roughly) to one of the Greater Gods, and it's been shown that they're not omnipotent, just powerful.)

This could be a minor problem if the void represents the area between universes...
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2013, 10:27:20 pm »

Keep in mind that the whole thing is just a stopgap measure until I can recover from the horrific pain that came from eating the sun.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2013, 10:29:08 pm »

News flash!:  Eating suns may be bad for your health! More at eleven.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2013, 10:30:42 pm »

Keep in mind that the whole thing is just a stopgap measure until I can recover from the horrific pain that came from eating the sun.

I believe that it was stated that it'll never go away, dude.

So yeah good luck with that.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2013, 11:10:54 pm »

Then Xavanos attacked. He attempted to destroy the infant universe, the infant system, and (4+2) vs. (1+2) he succeeded in destroying the red world, at the cost of great pain to himself. Pain he need to recover from. But the smaller worldlets around it (6) survived the attack of nothingness, but Wwolin and Neyravah saw that they were under threat and at risk of destruction."
Sig! Onol

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2013, 11:13:19 pm »

I would quote this, but you're in my sig 3 times already.  :P
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2013, 11:14:23 pm »

I would quote this, but you're in my sig 3 times already.  :P
I'll snag it, then.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2013, 11:15:46 pm »

Just another step to world domination. Through quotes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2013, 04:24:48 pm »

I think this is the only place where a debate about gods uses Calculus.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2013, 06:02:34 pm »

Would you expect anything different from bay12?  When I was GMing "A New Age Begins", there were people who were going in-depth upon how dragons would affect the history of the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2013, 06:03:49 pm »

Would you expect anything different from bay12?  When I was GMing "A New Age Begins", there were people who were going in-depth upon how dragons would affect the history of the world.
Still are, actually. Rolpgeek is still doing the turn, so it'll continue.
Sig! Onol

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »

Still are, actually. Rolpgeek is still doing the turn, so it'll continue.

Well, I am only saying that because there hasn't been any discussion recently.  Might have caused Rolep to forget...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2013, 08:22:48 pm »

Exponential increase does not beat steady decline when the steady decline is upon something that starts infinite.  No matter how much of an increase there is, it can never catch up to infinity.  Really, my comprise idea is the one that basically makes the most sense.
Which one was that?
Besides, your idea requires that the Void destroys the Void Plague...and, for that matter, that the allegedly infinite Void can somehow consume all matter instantly despite not having been shown to do so, ever.
If the former is untrue, the Void Plague will continue to increase in number, exponentially, until they run out of Void to eat. As they increase in number, their rate of Void-eating increases. If the former is true, my plan is doomed to failure and never made sense to begin with. And I know I've made Void-resistant life before, so it's possible.

Worst-case scenario, a bubble of stable Something eventually develops and slowly, erratically, expands. That's good enough for me!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13