Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Gods of Bay12: OOC Thread  (Read 30969 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Bay12: OOC Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2013, 10:01:04 pm »

The difference--and, in fact, the main thing I'm noting--is that you seem to be one variety or another of omnicidal maniac in a large number of games, on the "universal annihilation" scale if possible.
Mostly when given unlimited power, or something near that limit. I don't know, for now creation doesn't really hold that much 'zing' for me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2013, 10:06:32 pm »

Nevarayah: Dragon thing who likes life for some undefined reason
Xavanos: Void thing who hates creation for invading his space
Cheesecake: 'I bake and eat other people too'
Survival God: 'I survive'
Wolin: Dude who literally appeared out of nowhere and created the rest of the gods for no reason
Ironeye: God who arrived on a meteor (or something to that degree) who likes creation and made a shield

Forgot me.

Also, here's an alternative: The insane portion of (the) Zanzetkuken(s) convinces Xavanos to utilize the creations of other dieties to do the work for him.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2013, 10:09:21 pm »

Yep. I'm kinda stuck right now, because there is going to be a civilization and all that, but at the same time Xavanos can't just go 'ok lol yu guys can stay here jk about the hole destroying u thing'.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2013, 10:15:17 pm »

So have I been created yet?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2013, 10:20:28 pm »

So have I been created yet?
I think we're still getting to the life bit.
Sig! Onol

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2013, 10:29:48 pm »

O_O

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2013, 10:31:28 pm »

So, I think I just broke the loop...

Edit: If I can get the gods to cooperate.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 10:45:02 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2013, 10:51:25 pm »

Yep. I'm kinda stuck right now, because there is going to be a civilization and all that, but at the same time Xavanos can't just go 'ok lol yu guys can stay here jk about the hole destroying u thing'.
Then you really should have thought of that before making a god with no variability or compatibility whatsoever.

However, because I'm nice, I'll point out one obvious escape route- become corrupted. No, I don't mean go insane and start loving puppies, I mean start making concessions to practicality and in doing so lose your roots.

You know that, on your own, you can't defeat every other god and their creations. They're growing while you're just staying the same; they can create and gain, you can only try to stop losing ground. In an extreme case, this could be an epiphany all on its own- Void can't beat existence after all.

As a less severe form, though, you could just make temporary concessions. Alright, you can't kill every other god at once. Okay, you can't annihilate all creation with no creations of your own. So you start temporarily doing things you need to do- allying with or at least no longer openly and constantly antagonizing some gods, making creations that will help you destroy everything and then themselves, and so on.

So then that keeps happening. Maybe you just keep needing more power, because let's face it, even creating voidspawn and going against another deity 1v1, you're probably not going to be as powerful as you need to be to do what you want to do. Maybe you'll genuinely start liking your creations and opportunities more than sitting in a blank space existing. Maybe you'll realize that your definition of Void is heavily, heavily dependent on creation to have meaning, seeing as it's not just blankness, it's anti-anything, and that has no meaning if there isn't anything.

But whatever the reason, you stop being the god of annihilating everything utterly and returning to a state of perfect Void, because whether you acknowledge it openly or not, that's not what you want anymore, or at a bare minimum, that's not what you want for a long, long time.

You then go on to make nihilistic sadist cults and become a god of loss, suffering, destruction, or some other concepts that aren't literally just boring incarnate. And next time you make a character, you can think about what would make them interesting and not just antagonistic, particularly in how they interact with other characters.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2013, 10:55:23 pm »

Then you really should have thought of that before making a god with no variability or compatibility whatsoever.

However, because I'm nice, I'll point out one obvious escape route- become corrupted. No, I don't mean go insane and start loving puppies, I mean start making concessions to practicality and in doing so lose your roots.

Or listen to the insane side of (the) Zanzetkuken(s) and use the creations of the gods to kill the gods, then work uninterrupted, so that the void remains in its roots, barely corrupted.

Edit:  Well, no sympathy from Neyaravah, time to see if a ploy for ease will work.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:03:57 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2013, 11:17:12 pm »

Come to think of it even more, all I need is the concept of jealousy.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2013, 11:23:10 pm »

Let's see if I can't get a better response out of a different god.  Irony, your up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2013, 12:00:51 am »

You know that, on your own, you can't defeat every other god and their creations. They're growing while you're just staying the same; they can create and gain, you can only try to stop losing ground. In an extreme case, this could be an epiphany all on its own- Void can't beat existence after all.

As a less severe form, though, you could just make temporary concessions. Alright, you can't kill every other god at once. Okay, you can't annihilate all creation with no creations of your own. So you start temporarily doing things you need to do- allying with or at least no longer openly and constantly antagonizing some gods, making creations that will help you destroy everything and then themselves, and so on.

So then that keeps happening. Maybe you just keep needing more power, because let's face it, even creating voidspawn and going against another deity 1v1, you're probably not going to be as powerful as you need to be to do what you want to do. Maybe you'll genuinely start liking your creations and opportunities more than sitting in a blank space existing. Maybe you'll realize that your definition of Void is heavily, heavily dependent on creation to have meaning, seeing as it's not just blankness, it's anti-anything, and that has no meaning if there isn't anything.

But whatever the reason, you stop being the god of annihilating everything utterly and returning to a state of perfect Void, because whether you acknowledge it openly or not, that's not what you want anymore, or at a bare minimum, that's not what you want for a long, long time.

You then go on to make nihilistic sadist cults and become a god of loss, suffering, destruction, or some other concepts that aren't literally just boring incarnate. And next time you make a character, you can think about what would make them interesting and not just antagonistic, particularly in how they interact with other characters.
See, that's often how my characters actually end up developing. I start with some horrible, not thought out character (it took me about 5 seconds to make Xavanos), and then then explore the accidental implications I made with my unthinkingness. It's probably a bad strategy, but to be honest I don't much like the categorization value of gods. God of X can only act in the interest of X, has no personality traits beyond those pertaining to X, etc, is kinda boring to me. Instead I take characters that are affiliated with X, (ie Xavanos or Az-Sho or ... some other god character) who instead of acting solely to further X, have their own goals and just tend to have the abilities of X. Xavanos, admittedly, was not thought out at all, but he essentially starred out as a blank slate who was distressed by the sudden appearance of these gods in the only place he knew up till then, and these gods disturbing and modifying what he saw as his, he was frightened by them because they hurt him, etc, just as you would be if a random guy showed up at the doorstep of you house with a burlap sack, punched you in the face, and then tossed three midgets our of his bag at you who then proceed to disassemble your couch and build a house with it, and then start playing with little PlayDough figurines, staining what's left of it. He'll develop through this.
Sig! Onol

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2013, 12:20:50 am »

The crazy side? Don't they mean the crazy sideS? Plural?
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2013, 12:30:11 am »

Xavanos stirred, then responded to the insane one.
What I do, I do for relief from the pain they cause me by existing. They cannot win, not against me, for I am eternal and their creations are by their very nature impermanent. They will eventually crumble, but actively attempting to subvert my own domain for their own purposes as the multiplying one has been doing with those reprehensible creatures that desecrate my home and excrete his own will only incur retribution from me. I will consider your proposal ... after the Void Plagues are destroyed forever.
"Destroyed forever? Now that's comedy!"

The insane side of (the) Zanzetkuken(s) turns towards the newcomer, "Who might you be?"
"Lemme tell ya in song:
Well, well, well
Welcome to my lair!
dragons and Void Plagues, huh?
Oooh, I`m really scared!
So, you`re the ones  that wanna take me out, ah ha ha... good luck.
You`re joking, you are joking!?
I can`t believe my eyes!
You`re kidding me, you`ve gotta be!?
Why won`t you just try!?
He`s boring, you`re crazy!
I don`t know which is worse!
I might just kill a minstrel
If I don`t die laughing first.
When this Great Old One says:
"Don't ruin this universe more!"
You`d better pay attention now,
Because I`m the Producer!
And if you aren't listening
Then there`s something very wrong!
Because this will be the last time
That you hear my little song.
Ooooooh! (Ooooh!)
Ooooooh! (Ooooh!)
Ooooooh! (Ooooh!)
(He`s the evil Producer!)
Well, if I`m feeling bored
And a mortal world has formed...
I might just write a special batch
Of plays for them to do.
(Ooooh!)
Oh yeah! (SPAAACE!)
Oooooh! (Oooooh!)
(He`s the evil Producer!)
Relieve yourself or you must face the dire consequences!
Zanzuken's expecting me.. so please come to your senses!

You`re joking! You are joking!
I cant believe my ears!
Would somebody shut this Void Eater up?
I`m drowning in my tears!
It`s funny, I`m laughing.
You really are to much
And now, without your permission, I`m gonna do my stuff...
What are you gong to do?!
I`m gonna do the best I can..
...HAAAAAA!
The smell of dem' tomatoes to me is beauty in the air!
Because I`m the brilliant Producer
Although I don`t play fair!
It`s much more fun, I must confess,
When lives are on the line!
Not mine, of course, but yours, oh boys!
Now that`d be just fine..
It`s over, you moron! You`ve really taken this too far!
Oh darling, you`re something!
You put me in a spin!
You aren`t comprehending the position that you`re in!
It`s hopeless! You`re finished!
You`re stuck here in his lair!
Because I`m the masked Producer
And you are going somewhere..

GODDAMMIT NO YOU ARE NOT THE BOOGEYMAN FROM THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Sig! Onol

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2013, 12:31:22 am »

And thus, I've sung in a god game. All internets may be transferred to my private Swiss account.

Also:YES I AM!
PS:Sigged
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13