Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Leaf  (Read 12777 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2013, 10:54:42 am »

I have the second level museum and the dream house now. Yay silver fishing rod! I really wanted a silver shovel, though.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2013, 02:16:49 pm »

You must be quite dedicated. I only have the third house size and the flower store, with current construction on the dream suite.

Valid_Dark, I also got the bear pants. Still needs the shirt for a complete set.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2013, 02:30:14 pm »

Currently trying to save up money for the museum shop. I have three duplicate nintendo items but my attempts to auction them off failed because people don't know how to use online or something. Anyone here want to buy a Fi mask, varia suit shoes, or red pikmin hat?

Walter Sullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2013, 06:36:53 pm »

Just bought the game and started playing it. This is the first Animal Crossing that I play so I'm a complete newbie on it. I've bought it because my sister have it and it looked fun. So far it's been fun(except for having to live on a tent for today). I'm selling some cherries to get money at the moment.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" - The Dark Tower

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2013, 07:20:13 pm »

Selling the local fruit is hardly worth the effort. Making one or two daily runs along the beaches will net you a few thousand bells. Fishing is the best, once you get a rod.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2013, 07:39:09 pm »

Fishing is the best, once you get a rod.
So its like some parts of harvest moon?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2013, 08:04:05 pm »

I don't see many beetles on the island. I take it you're talking about fruit beetles, which must sell for a lot?

A shark is worth the same 15k bells as the dorado. The dorado is pretty distinct; the only thing that looks very close to it is the arowana, which sells for 10k bells anyway. So it's really a matter of whether you want to fish in the ocean or river - the frequency of the big catches is about the same, AFAIK.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2013, 08:08:49 pm »

I don't see many beetles on the island. I take it you're talking about fruit beetles, which must sell for a lot?

A shark is worth the same 15k bells as the dorado. The dorado is pretty distinct; the only thing that looks very close to it is the arowana, which sells for 10k bells anyway. So it's really a matter of whether you want to fish in the ocean or river - the frequency of the big catches is about the same, AFAIK.

No all the other beetles. Hercules, Atlas, Stag, Carpenter, Golden Stag, etc.

You can easily get like 200k a run of the island doing that. My friend made like 1.2M in one day. It involves doing it all after 9PM though, when they show up the most often.

Walter Sullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2013, 08:12:03 pm »

Ouch, just got stung by bees for the third time, hehe. Does it affect my character anyhow besides his look? I did what you said, Lectorog, and got to the beach and sold all the stuff, so now I'm just hanging around shaking some trees before I go to sleep. I've given some fossils and insects to the guy on the museum, wrote some random letters to some people and bought some stuff to my house tent. Sad thing that the cloth store is closed since is 10pm here, but tomorrow I can see what kind of clothes they sell. Fun game so far.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" - The Dark Tower

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2013, 08:24:50 pm »

Perfect fruit orchard is definitely the most awesome. I have one side of the river almost entirely perfect cherry trees, my plan is to weed out the non-fruit trees from that side and all the fruit trees from the other side. Unfortunately my best friend also has cherries... so I'm probably never going to actually make a massive profit off them.

Walter Sullivan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2013, 05:52:40 pm »

I've played a little today and discovered that my house will only be finished tomorrow morning, sigh. I've made a shirt with a badly-drawn Friend symbol(from 20th Century Boys) and I got some apples from Isabelle. I played it online for the first time with my sister, who gave me some pears. I've planted both the pears and the apples on my city and now I'm waiting for them to grow(and to get rich.... RICH!!!!!! :D :D). Sadly I couldn't give cherries to my sister since at the moment there weren't any trees with it. I'm really enjoying the game so far, and I like the way that the game makes you want to play it everyday, even if just for a little time.

Edit: I've changed my wi-fi name to "Bestbuy" to get a Raccoon Wall-Clock, hehe.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:43:00 pm by Walter Sullivan »

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2013, 04:36:01 am »

Wow. Catching bugs on the island at night really *is* a great way to earn money.

One tip I have: in order to free up some valuable space in my backpack I usually store all my tools (shovel, net etc.) as "presents" in my letters.
So I just write letters to my future self and put all the tools in them (without sending them... :P).
I do this in order of use... so the first letter holds the fishing rod, second letter the shovel, third letter the net and so on. :)

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2013, 04:02:15 pm »

Storing in letters isn't worth the inconvenience for the few extra slots IMO. But putting lesser used things like the shovel and watering can in there could be more convenient than bringing them back home (or to the locker at the train station).

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2013, 06:43:41 pm »

Storing in letters isn't worth the inconvenience for the few extra slots IMO. But putting lesser used things like the shovel and watering can in there could be more convenient than bringing them back home (or to the locker at the train station).

It is useful for storing the slingshot though.  That's rarely used and going indoors makes balloons disappear.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2013, 02:48:43 pm »

I totally forgot about letter storage. I'm putting my slingshot, watering can, and shovel in letters now. Yay space!

Also I got Club LOL today. Time to get some jams.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7