Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: Obsidian Graphics Set (Updated 24/7/2013 - v0.8) - Now with ANIMATED GRASS!  (Read 304466 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile

32x32 is a bit too big for me, but TWBT support is always nice.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile

Memory-wise? You could always play zoomed out or something :P

Anyway progress (aside from the plants, that is). Weapons, trap components, clothes, and whatnot. Some tiles taken from or modified from Ayene-chan's work. Still having problems with the raws and TWBT Next (which might be just the tile raws clashing) but I figure I should finish the sprites first before worrying about organizing the raws/TWBT code. Like before, all of these are free to use however you like.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 08:47:25 pm by Obsidian Soul »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Those are pretty, are you going to make it work with twbt-next?
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the plan. But it depends on whether I can fix the issues I'm having with it first.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

That's the plan. But it depends on whether I can fix the issues I'm having with it first.

Do you mean disappearing backgrounds when you move the map or something else? I haven't seen that issue myself yet, will fix as soon as I can reproduce it.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you mean disappearing backgrounds when you move the map or something else? I haven't seen that issue myself yet, will fix as soon as I can reproduce it.

Yep, the one I screencapped. No worries. I'll be focusing on the sprites for now then cleaning up the overrides list so I make sure it's not something stupid like the (currently very messy) overrides.txt clashing or the dfhack version simply being incompatible. By the way, is there a full list of the possible overrides somewhere? I remember DragondePlatino was compiling one, but I don't know if they finished it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:26:26 pm by Obsidian Soul »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

Yep, the one I screencapped. No worries. I'll be focusing on the sprites for now then cleaning up the overrides list so I make sure it's not something stupid like the (currently very messy) overrides.txt clashing or the dfhack version simply being incompatible. By the way, is there a full list of the possible overrides somewhere? I remember DragondePlatino was compiling one, but I don't know if they finished it.

There are lists in readme https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt#tables But I can't help with what the values mean, it's just all building/item/tile types in the game.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are lists in readme https://github.com/mifki/df-twbt#tables But I can't help with what the values mean, it's just all building/item/tile types in the game.

Ah, thanks. I'll just cross-reference with other existing tilesets with TWBT on what is what.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

roqi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These are incredibly good. Playing the game with this level of detail would make the game feel completely different!
Why no [HERBIVORE] tag?

daagar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Agreed, these look incredible so far. Sending you good thoughts so you see this through to completion.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks.  :)

Toad, giant toad, toad men, worm men,
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 12:15:38 am by Obsidian Soul »

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rats, squirrels, chipmunks

Lungfish, loach,, bullheads, knifefish, char, rainbow trout, perch, molly, guppy

Oyster, mussel, salmon, ratfish, clownfish, hagfish, lamprey, bat ray, thornback ray, glasseye, puffer, herring, shad, anchovy, steelhead trout, hake, seahorse, flounder, mackerel, sea nettle, squid, sole, squid men, gigantic squid

Fly, roach, ant, monarch butterfly, firefly, dragonfly, honey bee, bumble bee

Mountain goat, hoary marmot, mountain gnomes, dark gnomes

Hippopotamus, longnose gar, carp, tigerfish, pike, platypus, giant platypus, platypus men

Musk ox, elk, polar bear

P.S. If anyone knows, can creature graphics be animated? Like they could be if they were in the main tilesheet? All of these were designed to be animated with 2 sprites per animal.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:54:42 am by Obsidian Soul »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki

P.S. If anyone knows, can creature graphics be animated? Like they could be if they were in the main tilesheet? All of these were designed to be animated with 2 sprites per animal.

That's pretty easy to implement in TWBT for example. However I'm already worried that all the overrides and creature tiles won't fit in a single OpenGL texture (as current drawing code requires) because of the new -bg and -top textures, especially for 32px tiles. Two sprites per animal may be too much. Or I need to find a way to use more than one texture first.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's pretty easy to implement in TWBT for example. However I'm already worried that all the overrides and creature tiles won't fit in a single OpenGL texture (as current drawing code requires) because of the new -bg and -top textures, especially for 32px tiles. Two sprites per animal may be too much. Or I need to find a way to use more than one texture first.

Oh. :(

How does that work? i.e. How do I prevent problems?

Would it help if all the textures for overrides and creatures were mashed into two giant tilesheets? Should I trim all the textures so there are as little empty/unused tiles as possible? Or is it okay if I leave the alternate animation tiles there (in case animation becomes possible), but not use them in the raws?

That said, animation is just a minor thing, I guess, so not that important. And they're pretty easy to make, since it's just a minor variation in the sprites in most cases. I figure it was just something to make creatures stand out more from the background tiles.

I think a feature I'd like more is if the creatures get their own -bg and -top textures. A lot of my creature tiles are quite small, and I worry they'd be invisible because of the static background requirement. Would that be possible or would it be too much for the code already?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:57:59 pm by Obsidian Soul »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18