Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Obsidian Graphics Set (Updated 24/7/2013 - v0.8) - Now with ANIMATED GRASS!  (Read 304330 times)

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
  • ...and the severed part sails off in an arc!
    • View Profile

Ach in my rush I forgot. You may want to check on the aquifers. I play with aquifers manually turned off but keep a backup of the default aquifer settings in the raws. I think I packed them up as well instead of renaming them. It might interfere with the default of LNP.

I also mistakenly uploaded the wong main tileset preview in the first post (though it's the correct one in the pack itself). I don't think I've changed anything in d_init and init though. At least not anything important so that probably won't be a problem.

I also seem to recall I was experimenting with animating staring eyeballs to mimic how it looks like in ASCII a while ago using this version. The problem is I'm not sure if I finished that before I got distracted by RL. LOL. I do have problems finding biomes with them, so if anyone runs across weird behavior of staring eyeballs in evil biomes, do scream out and slap me. It would totally be my fault.  Also so I can fix it. Also if there are any weirdness in any biomes at all, some feedback would be nice.

That's it I think. And thanks.both of you :) My internet also sucks so my condolences Peridexis. :P I'll put up the links to your LNP in the first post once it's up. Also, milo, should I add the Rubble link as well? Though given that it only works for the main tileset, I dunno if I should. My main tileset doesn't exactly match that of the others, so it might result in weird bugs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

A trick I use to make good/evil grass show up more often:

I only have 1 normal grass. With 1 good grass, you have a 50/50 chance to have a good biome with the fancy good grass. But if you copy your good grass 10 times, keep the name the same, just add a _1 _2 ... _10 at the ID, then you have a 10:1 chance that a good biome will have the fancy good grass.

I wouldnt recommend this for plants/trees, because the total amount will rise and you will have way too many of them, changing the game balance. But grass is limited to one grass per tile, and you cant do anything with it. So simply change the color.

Good/Evil biomes sadly only work on the surface, so differently designed good/evil caverns wont work atm.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph, thanks. Though I'd really rather test plants in their natural biomes so I can see how well they mesh in with the other plants native to it. But that sounds nifty if ever I want to mass test something quickly. Hopefully though, I DID finish it. That would save me the trouble of backtracking, heh.

And sackhead, that looks like fun. Weird grass though. Gray and black. Are those custom plants? ... or did I mistakenly make certain grass species black?  :o
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 09:45:00 pm by Obsidian Soul »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile

@Obsidian Soul
PTW, and letting you know that your tileset is included in the MacNewbie pack as well. Magnificent artwork, thank you!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Meph, thanks. Though I'd really rather test plants in their natural biomes so I can see how well they mesh in with the other plants native to it. But that sounds nifty if ever I want to mass test something quickly. Hopefully though, I DID finish it. That would save me the trouble of backtracking, heh.

And sackhead, that looks like fun. Weird grass though. Gray and black. Are those custom plants? ... or did I mistakenly make certain grass species black?  :o

It's a DF from Scratch so for sure it's custom grass :P

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

About the Rubble link: Don't bother, I'll just add an a link to the Rubble and Better Dorf threads next time I update :)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW, and letting you know that your tileset is included in the MacNewbie pack as well. Magnificent artwork, thank you!

Thanks. I've added it to the front page along with instructions for LNP. :) As I'm obviously not a Mac user, tell me if there's anything wrong with the instructions, heh.

It's a DF from Scratch so for sure it's custom grass :P

Can't help but worry, this was a rushed release after all. ^^

About the Rubble link: Don't bother, I'll just add an a link to the Rubble and Better Dorf threads next time I update :)

Aight, thanks. :)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile

I'm pleased to announce that this is now in my LNP and unlikely to leave any time soon. Thanks!
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great!  :) Thanks.

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile

Excellent tile, i really love it! GOOD WORK MAH' HOMMY

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Random question: Are there any changes in the tile-numbers? I know you started with Phoebus as a base, did you mod the raws as well? And if yes, is there a list of the changes?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

all the tile changes in the raws are identical to phoebus as best to my knowledge I know I use the same filters for Phoebus, Obsidian, and Spacefox.

Obsidian Soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually no. They've been changed.

First are the folders of course. The txt files in the raw/graphics folders for dwarves, elves, goblins, and kobolds have been changed to point to the obsidian folder. There are also some minor changes as to which tile is used for what dwarf profession, but I can't remember which (manager I think? and some nobles?)

Secondly and most importantly, the plant_grasses.txt and plant_standard.txt in raw/objects have all been changed to point to different tiles and display different behavior (moving grass). They're completely different from Phoebus' and the default.

Lastly, the colors.txt is a custom one. I think it's mostly based on one on the wiki, but I adjusted the brown based on Ironhands' brown, iirc.

That's all I can recall atm. Sorry I can't be any more specific, I didn't list them as I changed them. :(

EDIT: Oh tile numbers. Like Hugo said, I think it's mostly Phoebus'. That is, except for the plants.
EDITx2: And thank you, RoguelikeESP :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:29:23 pm by Obsidian Soul »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, the colorscheme I can simply replace, and the sprites (creatures use sprites, not tiles) are the same, just replace them. But the raws I cant replace, because I modded them. So I need to make a new set of raws once I add your tileset to the mod. Not too much work, I can use BeyondCompare for that. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18