Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Tournament of Video Games [IC thread]  (Read 5223 times)

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament of Video Games [IC thread]
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 07:58:35 pm »

"I call this room! No i do! I do! Suckers, i got this room! Why you little!"
A single gunshot hits the roof.
"Stop fighting with yourself Meepo!"
"Fine." X5
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 08:25:33 pm »

The whole team turned towards who they would be fighting. "Would it be too much to ask why you're involved with this tournament, and why your team seems to be monsters other than you?" asked Ramza on guard from what he assumed to be monsters or worse. Vahn stepped up behind him "Calm down Ramza, don't get all crazy before the match has even started." Dart just stood there impassively ready for whatever may happen. Ramza stepped back and relaxed "Sorry but monsters like that remind me of things I'd rather forget." Vahn nodded "I know that feeling believe me" Vahn did turn towards the one human on that team "Admittedly though I share my companions curiosity of why you are involved with this tournament, although from the way you stand I get the feeling I won't be getting an answer."
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 08:31:49 pm »

"Hmph. Look at the enemies. That first team...a robot, a fox with a couple tails, and...is that a plumber?"
"Ayup. Wearing green for some reason. The next is a bit...more worrisome, the girl's the only weak link...though she looks a bit like Mono. The spider thing seems to have some magical stuff, and that big guy with the sword and the cannon-arm worries me..."
"Not scared. Look good food. Last team tasty, too. Big-Lute guy looks juicy, if stringy; girl looks good-spicy; Stick guy annoys enough to be tasty."
"Yeah, I don't think that's what we're worried about. My biggest worry is that Urgot thing. It looks like it could give as good as I would with those blasty things..."
"Yeah, I suppose that would be your worry. The Guts guy is my fear--I have no doubt that you fools will have me charge into melee again, which will leave me open for being sliced in half with a sword bigger than me. I'm not even that good with a sword!"
"I worried that Ayane purple hair means poison."
"Then don't eat her."
"Hm. We've decided who we want to avoid--"
"Think we could ally ourselves with the Sain team?"
"...That's pretty clever."
"This why good to have grown up on team."

((I've amused myself with this.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 01:33:14 am »

Udyr scanned the room, immediately sighting Urgot.
"Oh hell."
He recognised the Huntsman's Pride. He was going to be an absolute menace, especially with his abilities....Udyr actually winced at the thought of going up against Urgot's Corrosive Charge.
"Something wrong, Spirit Walker?"
"None of your business, Necromancer."
Udyr then looked to his left, and spotted Luigi. Having not been informed himself as to the nature of Luigi from his paymaster, he didn't recognise him.
"Hmph. That tall one. He looks scrawny and weak."
"Which tall one, the one with the sword?"

On the other side of the room....
A janitor surveyed Team Sain, then the Underdogs. He smirked.
"Hehe. This'll be fun."
His eye flashed for a moment, revealing a light blue canine eye. Zoroark had entered the room. He shifted disguises into a robed, old man, and stayed close to the Underdogs, keeping an eye on his own team.

Udyr pointed at Luigi.
"That tall one."
"I do agree on that one....but he might be more than meets the eye."
Udyr then realized that the Necromancer had a point. In his own world, yordles, like that Veigar, that little Kinkou assassin- he'd forgotten what his name was, probably Kenneth or something, or, gods forbid, TEEMO, dominated the Fields of Justice. Yordles were small, furry creatures, barely the height of Udyr's knee. And yet they were still capable of screwing up someone's day.
This Luigi person looked weak and scrawny. But he might well be the strongest of the lot.
"Noted, Necromancer. Wait...is that one of the Kinkou?"
Udyr had noticed Ayane.
"A what? I apologise, I'm not familiar with your terms."
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 01:42:36 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 01:34:50 am »

Ptw.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 03:59:54 am »

Demyx looked at the field of people. Their first match up seem to be made of a ninja, a warrior and mechanical zombie.

The warrior reminded him of Cloud. The two had met once or twice and Demyx remembered that look of quiet rage at the world, this warrior was similar in rage.

"I hope the zombie isn't like Ed the undying." Chimed the thief "He someone who I fought till I just sweep the pieces of him into the corner. He probable still cursing."

Lyude the third member just clean his weapon, no one in team Sain seem like a threat to him. He was more worried about that Ocelot character. Something about him said 'This isn't the true game'.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 04:22:20 am »

"Heh. So we're matched up with a green-clad warrior, five....yordle-things and a strange woman with Piltoverian gadgets."
"Piltover?"
The Necromancer sighed. This foolish wildman was speaking gibberish- but then, did he expect more?
"We'd say that we could take the green-clad warrior, and you fight the yordle-creatures. You can summon the undead, after all."
"I have my doubts, but I have faith that even you can fight a pretty boy with a sword."
Udyr growled, but then the group was joined by a robed old man, who quickly revealed himself to be Zoroark.
"Good day, gentlemen."
"Heh. Who are you?"
"I'm your third man, Zoroark."
"Might I ask, what are you?"
"A Zoroark. Is that not clear enough? Anyway, I also have a message for you."
The Necromancer scanned his mental database, but Udyr, having been in the League of Legends, knew better than to ask just what a Zoroark was.
"What is it?"
"You're to protect Luigi. The tall mustachioed man in green."
"The scrawny one? Hmph. That'll be easy. Just don't let him go into fights."
"Indeed. I am curious as to two things though. One, what is a Zoroark, and two, why are we to protect this Luigi character?"
"A Zoroark is a...you wouldn't understand and I don't have time to explain. Secondly, our employer made it imperative that we protect that man with our lives. He didn't say why."
"Right. So a man, we don't even know and who forced us into this in the first place, demands we protect one of our potential enemies. Are we correct?"
"I've done worse. I once had to liberate a dagger for a village in a swamp for no reason other than to persuade a man to let me go to what appeared to be Hell."
"Whatever the case, he promises great rewards if we get him safe."
"I'm in. This ought to be interesting. And you, Spirit Walker?"
"If we must, we must. I've no interest in protecting him, but since none of you will say otherwise, we have to help."
"Excellent. Now, who are we up against?"
"The Deadly Seven."
(As to why Zoroark is talking, I'm stretching the rules here, but Pokemon have been seen to talk (albeit anime-only, i.e Meowth, Mewtwo, Lucario), and there were incidents where a Zoroark disguised itself as a human and talked normally.)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 10:04:19 pm »

Spoiler: Zacen's Post (click to show/hide)

Ocelot looked at his opponents with a small amount of interest but simply decided to answer their questions. “Why I travel with these creatures is simple. I needed more friends for the tournament so I just borrowed them. Believe me when I say they are relatively harmless though. Only when in combat.” Patting Tank on the arm Ocelot smiled “Honestly they’re just teddy bears. They do look pretty intense though don't they? Don't worry kid they're bark is worse than their bite well... Figuratively anyway." Tank, for his part, seemed rather docile for a creature of his size. The bright green glow from his collar was proof of that.

"As for why I’m here I heard there was a tournament going along so I decided it might be fun.” With a sigh Ocelot added “I’m old… I don’t think I have many more years left. All I have is this rusty revolver handed down by my grandfather so I figured… why not join the tournament?” With a comforting smile he added “It doesn’t really matter if I win. I just wanted to… Well I don’t really know. In the end I think it’s for my Grandpa. This revolver saved his life and I’ve just let it sit around gathering dust. I don’t honestly know if it works anymore. Anyway I wish you three the best of luck. Sorry if I put you off earlier. I’m just really nervous is all.”

To himself Ocelot grinned. No one took an old man seriously. How easy to simply play the part.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:51:35 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 11:31:08 pm »

Vahn shrugged turning away taking Ocelot at face value, but Dart and Ramza both had experiences that set them on edge due to Ocelot's easy demeanor. Dart grunted "Yeah as if that's believable, but sadly we can't prove anything yet." He said. Ramza on the other hand was close to chopping off Ocelot's head before Dart grabbed him back. "Let me go you moron! People like him are always lying and if you give them any chance they'll kill you!" Vahn stepped up and slapped him. "And what you think the people who brought us here are going to be happy if you kill another competitor from suspicion? Back down before you get us all killed Ramza." Ramza stared at Vahn and Dart, he then broke Dart's grip and stormed off in anger. Dart sighed "He's just going to be a joy to deal with won't he?" Vahn darkly chuckled before sitting down to relax before the match.

((OOC: Can I ask why the spoiler says Scapheap's post))
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 12:14:23 am »

Zoroark examined Ocelot as he said that. He hissed.
"He's lying."
"How can you tell?"
"My entire existence is based around lies, illusions, and dirty tricks. I can tell if a human is lying. Believe me, he's pulling a fast one."
"Might I ask why?"
"I could be wrong. I have been. But that guy's up to something shifty."
"He seems too vulnerable. Too old. Heh."
"Hm. Well, we can't necessarily do anything."
"Innocent or not, I'm keeping an eye on him."
Zoroark stared suspiciously at Ocelot, before returning to studying the Deadly Seven.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 01:22:47 am »

((Ocelot lies a lot, the MGS games tend to break the 4th wall. Thus Nerjin doing meta lying.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 05:14:17 am »

((Ocelot lies a lot, the MGS games tend to break the 4th wall. Thus Nerjin doing meta lying.))

((OOC: Actually that's just my way of making sure everyone knew what I was replying to without just having it quoted in the open. Makes it look nicer.))

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 08:32:08 am »

"Well anyway I think I'm going to go look around. Hope to see you gentlemen in the tournament. Once again good luck." Ocelot walked away feeling a small sinking feeling. For some reason he doubted many of the assembled believed his story. 'Probably because most of them are non-human? I don't know. Where is that plumber?' Ocelot had been keeping an eye out and had yet to see the man in green. Perhaps it was due to him also attempting to evaluate his competitors.

Venusaur let out a low grumble which was mimicked by the Tank. "Hm?" over the past few days Ocelot had become more accustomed to his compatriots grunts and growls. He assumed this set meant something was happening that was of interest. Glancing over towards where the large creatures were staring Ocelot was pleased to see the fabled Luigi.

'Hm... So this is the one Ewige Kaiserat was talking about. He seems scrawny. Not to mention short.' Almost unconsciously he unholstered his Single Action Army with the intention of spinning it. It always calmed him down and helped him focus. However just as the spin started he recalled that he was supposed to be a novice with the weapon. With a small bit of exaggerated failure Ocelot dropped the gun to the ground. "Damn it! He always made it look so easy..." Ocelot whispered in annoyance. He wasn't sure if any of the other competititors could hear sounds that low but he figured he should keep up his act regardless. Picking up his gun he began the spin clumsily and slowly before holstering the gun. Keeping up this appearance was already wearing on his nerves. Once again he glanced at the man in green and, for a brief moment, could not understand why Ewige Kaiserat would want this man. Maybe he was a simple means to an end?

Ignoring Luigi for a moment he glanced at the other two members of Team Underdogs. A small fox with two tails and a rickety robot. 'Not exactly a Metal Gear is he? Heh, looks like a cartoon spy honestly. Still it must have a trick or two up its sleeve. I think Tank would be the best one to take him on. The fox looks nimble though. These two are far too slow to catch him. Still he doesn't look like a power-house so he'll have to rely mostly on hit and run tactics. Tank would also be a good one to handle him I think. If Tank gets his hands on that little weasel then it's all over. I think I'll handle the plumber when it's time.' Ocelot smiled at the thought before shaking his head. He still had the issue of Team Legends and a Heretic to deal with first.

'The blue haired punk seems like he's a decent melee fighter. Venusaur or Tank can handle him easy enough. Though he also looks agile. With that in mind I think Venusaur.' Ocelot pondered this for a moment while his hand once again twitched, nearly noticeably, towards his gun. The urge to spin it was becoming overwhelming. 'Yes Venusaur will be able to hold him in place with those vines.'

'Dragoon boy over there... I think I might have to handle him personally. He seems to be a close range fighter but... Something seems off about him.' Ocelot's right arm felt a small pain though he couldn't honestly say why 'Well I won't let him get too close. He appears human enough. A few bullets ought to handle him nicely.'

Finally Ocelot turned his attention to the rapier wielding prince 'Probably a spoiled brat who thinks he can play soldier. Hm... The entire team seems based around close encounters. I think Venusaur and myself will be seeing a lot of action in this fight.'

Ocelot felt a familiar thrill coming over him 'Legends hm? I hope they can live up to the name.'

"Wait a second..." Ocelot said aloud as he gave a start "That prince..."

Turning around Ocelot walked back towards Team Legend and a Heretic looking apologetic.

"Excuse me but uh... Your friend over there. Did I do something to offend him? I uh... Well I sort've... I'm sorry if I did but I have a small question if it's not too much trouble."

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 10:02:49 am »

Zoroark planned with his own team.
"Right. So, we have to face five psychopathic furballs, a nice-looking gunslinging woman, and a pointy-eared guy in green."
"I can handle the furballs. I have tricks of my own."
"Heh. Weapons are for the weak."
"Right, Necromancer, you'll go up against the Meepos, since from what the employer told me, you can summon the dead. Udyr, you take care of little miss there, you have a shield and the manoeuvrability. I'll take on the elf."
"Wouldn't it make more sense for us to take the elf and you to take on the gunner? We've had experience with guns before. We doubt that our skills will help. And we're assured that you probably have some sort of ranged attack; we have no way of taking someone out from range without them escaping."
"Right then, so Necromancer, you take on Meepo, I'll take the gunner. And Udyr, you take the elf."
"This'll be fun. Those fur-covered loons better come prepared, as I bring painful death."
"Nice boast there, buddy. Little old-fashioned though."
"Wait. That man."
"What about him?"
"He's staring at the man in green. Was it.."
"That's Luigi. That's the bloke we've been told to protect!"
"I'm going to assume that whoever the gunman is, he's the one we're going to protect him from. I'll end this now."
The Necromancer moved to raise his wand, but Udyr's hand held his arm down, hopefully keeping them away from Ocelot's attention.
"Not now, death mage. We don't know if he's the one. It could be Urgot."
"Who?"
"The spider-like robotic zombie. I know him. He's sold himself to Zaun and Noxus in an attempt to finally die. At least, not without killing his archenemy first."
"Right. So the old military man or the undead mechanical monstrosity."
"Shh! Pipe down. If one of them hears us, they'll think we're onto them. We don't know who or why they want him, but all I know is that someone here is going after Luigi, and our employer wants us to stop that."
Udyr sighed. The Spirit Walker had had enough talk about conspiracy.
"We will stop talking about this NOW. We have no information about our enemies, and we cannot make assumptions. For all we know, he is simply scanning his opponents, like Zoroark has done and like we should be. As illogical as it sounds, we should leave him be unless we know that he's complicit, or Urgot is."
"But-"
A withering glare from the Freijordian wildman silenced the Necromancer.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:05:17 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 10:56:51 am »

Lyude noticed the rest of his 'team' talking plans about the upcoming match "Undeads tend to be tough, but fall apart when hit hard enough. Who can deal the most damage in a instant?" Ask the stick man who was wondering what these guys normal life were like if a 2-d stick figure was passed over without a peep.

Lyude spoke "That would be me." The thief dotted that down "Next, the ninja, I think. You, Demyx, are her opponent." "Why?" He asked.

The thief smiled "You're the fastest of us and you can fill the arena with those water copies, leaving little room for the girl to move. As for the warrior, I will face him as a fellow warrior."

Lyude and Demyx looked at him "Don't look at me like that. I ended wars, I started them, I earned the right to be called a warrior."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4