Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Tournament of Video Games [IC thread]  (Read 5221 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament of Video Games [IC thread]
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 01:40:08 pm »

((OOC: Can I ask why the spoiler says Scapheap's post))
((Ocelot lies a lot, the MGS games tend to break the 4th wall. Thus Nerjin doing meta lying.))

((OOC: Actually that's just my way of making sure everyone knew what I was replying to without just having it quoted in the open. Makes it look nicer.))

((OOC: Not quite what I meant. You're quoting me and yet it says it's him.))

Dart saw Ocelot approaching them. "Really it all depends on what the question is. But it's somewhat likely the answer will be yes." Vahn got up at that moment. "I'm going to go find Ramza before he gets himself into trouble." He walked off further into the building looking for Ramza. He found him sitting against a wall anger still clearly written on his face. "And what do you want Vahn?" asked Ramza when he got close. "Nothing in particular I just came to find you to see if you were still okay." Ramza scoffed. "I'm fine Vahn don't worry." Vahn chuckled "I'll be the judge of that." he said as he sat down beside Ramza.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 01:46:40 pm by zacen299 »
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 01:41:35 pm »

((OOC: How did I not see that? Sorry mate. I was probably looking at his name or something. My bad...]]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 01:56:36 pm »

Spoiler: Zacen's Post (click to show/hide)

"Well I couldn't help noticing that all three of you appear to be... Well melee fighters I suppose would be the term. Aren't you worried that you might get attacked by someone at a range? Well... Specifically myself to be honest. It just seems risky and a bit unfair. Are uh..." Ocelot looked uncomfortable for a moment "Aren't you worried? I don't want to be a spoil-sport or anything. Just sorta... Well talking to get over the nerves I guess."

Whether they truly saw through his deception or not he didn't care. He'd keep up this farce as long as needed.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 03:02:32 pm »

Spoiler: Nerjin's Post (click to show/hide)

Dart snorted at his question. "Do you honestly think I'm stupid enough to tell you our capabilities before battle. Either we are what you think and can only attack close up, or we're not what we look like and can do more but you won't learn either way before the tournament starts. And honestly if you think we're falling for the act you must be an idiot. We won't tell anyone else but honestly you could use a little more practice in the acting innocent department." Dart extended his hand towards Ocelot "Regardless of all that I still hope our match is a good one because honestly I imagine you're quite good with that weapon and I'd like to see how I match up." He said grinning.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 03:06:03 pm »

"Act?" Ocelot looked genuinely confused as he extended his hand to accept the handshake. "I was just asking if you were worried. I suppose it would make more sense if I were lying though... I guess I can't blame you for being suspicious. Never-the-less good luck. I'm going to go discuss strategy with my team."

As he walked away however Ocelot couldn't help but fume 'Damned fools. The lot of them.' Searching around Ocelot tried to find Luigi and his team. Perhaps a bit of discussion was in order before he tried to make his move.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 08:04:37 pm »

"...I'm going over to talk to the Sains. Anyone wanna join?"
"Sure."
"No. I stay here. That fox look tasty."
"No eating anyone before we get back!"
*grumbles*

-----

(to Ayane:) "Um...h-hello, um, hi miss. What's your name?"
"Betting it's not One--Ow!"
"Oops."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2013, 08:07:54 pm »

((PTW))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2013, 08:16:17 pm »

"You know, I was a little worried about our chances. But now that I see how uncoordinated the other teams seem to be I think we're in a good position to win."
Luigi nods.
"I'm-a little scared of the old guy though. Nothing good comes from old people. He actually reminds me of this guy I met during one of the brawl tournaments."
"Oh, really?"
"Yeah, he called himself Snake."
"Why do you think that is?"
He has the same art style as him, really realistic and gray."
"Activating taunt protocols."
Robo-spy pulls out his knife and does something akin to fencing with it.
"I will gut you like a Cornish game-hen."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 09:03:14 am »

((PTW))
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2013, 04:58:40 pm »

Turn 1: Begin

After the hour was over, the teams returned to the platforms.  One of the Grandmasters was already waiting, and spoke when all had assembled.  "Seems you all take this seriously, like you should.  Let the matches begin."  The Grandmaster gestured, causing the platforms the teams were standing on to disappear, dropping them into portals that were just below the platforms.

'The Team’ and ‘The Underdogs’

The arena these two teams were dropped into was a rocky wasteland for as far as the eye could see.  A random geyser erupted every few seconds, lifting up various platforms, and suspending them 10 feet in midair before dropping the platforms back down before another of the nine erupted, leaving the platforms intact.  A large blue-tinted see-through energy barrier formed the edge of the arena at a 20 feet radius from the center.  The Wanderer of 'The Team', and Luigi of 'The Underdogs' were the first two competitors, the others residing in the slipspace, ready to be called out at any time.

‘Team Sain’ and ‘Team Music’

The arena these two teams were dropped into was a 15 foot radius tower composed entirely of rock that was crumbling at the edges.  A storm blew around the tower, threatening to send those on top falling to their 'deaths' below.  Urgot of 'Team Sain' and Demyx of 'Team Music' were the first two competitors, the others residing in the slipspace, ready to be called out at any time.

‘LoL Brigade’ and ‘The Deadly Seven’

The arena these two teams were dropped into was a WWI battlefield with craters contained inside of a green-tinted see-through energy barrier formed the edge of the arena at a 20 feet radius from the center.  Artillery shells could come down and eliminate a competitor unless the competitor was within one of the craters.  The Necromancer of 'LoL Brigade' and Meepo of 'The Deadly Seven' were the first two competitors, the others residing in the slipspace, ready to be called out at any time.

‘Team Legends and a Heretic’ and ‘Nerjin’s Mercenaries.’

The arena these two teams were dropped into was the interior of a sphere, 20 feet in radius.  Gravity worked outwards from a central orb of energy that periodically launched bolts of lightning at the walls of the sphere.  Vahn from 'Team Legends and a Heretic' and Tank from 'Nerjin's Mercenaries' were the first two competitors, the others residing in the slipspace, ready to be called out at any time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2013, 05:03:24 pm »

Luigi opens up with a high jump and a barrage of fireballs and switches out with Tails.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 05:06:46 pm by kj1225 »

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2013, 05:05:31 pm »

One Meepo makes a run for it, as far away from the fight as possible, while the other four each throw a net at the necromancer before charging towards his skelotons to smash their skulls.

(Meepo fights with a shovel, thank you blunt damage!)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:07:36 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2013, 05:08:36 pm »

Without a word, the Necromancer summons his four skeletal warriors to block the nets and readies his own bone spear. He then summons the golem.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:34:27 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013, 05:36:37 pm »

Demyx sizes up Urgot "Sooo, may the best man win."

Water clones the field and attack from all angles and then, attack again.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 05:58:45 pm »

Vahn assumed his fighting stance. "This thing reminds me far too much of the Seru, it will fall quickly if I have any say." thought Vahn to himself.

Vahn starts with his Cyclone (Lowkick followed by Uppercut x3) then launches a Gimard followed by a Theeder.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4