Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [Plugin]Dwarven Deities V.4  (Read 3996 times)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: [Plugin]Dwarven Deities V.3
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 05:29:42 am »

The sprites looks awesome!

Suggestions: octopus-headed man, green giant Hulk, dark matter in a stylish hat, rhinoceros beetle with claws.
But it's a god for dwarves. It kinda needs to fit into the theme of fortresses, gems, metals mineral and wealth. I doubt they'd worship an octopus man :P

oggimog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 05:48:33 am »

Cool, I like the Idea. Isn't there an offering system in masterworks? I think it would be really cool if you would have to offer certain goods in order not to anger the god. At last he is a god, so he should have some demands, or some place of worship.

Maybe I think a bit to big ^^. I think I could directly provide you with a whole lot of Ideas.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 06:01:53 am »

Cool, I like the Idea. Isn't there an offering system in masterworks? I think it would be really cool if you would have to offer certain goods in order not to anger the god. At last he is a god, so he should have some demands, or some place of worship.

Maybe I think a bit to big ^^. I think I could directly provide you with a whole lot of Ideas.
Sure. We could make it so that you've to run a reaction which transforms a dwarf (as an offering) which will kill the dwarf, and before he dies he runs an interaction to make the god immune (temporarily) to an interaction he runs yearly that drives him crazed for a month? :) That'd be cool. To run the reaction initially you'd need appropriate goods!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 06:06:21 am by Godlysockpuppet »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 03:21:41 am »

Off topic, I also have a masterwork version that has fixed creature sizes to comply with the newly discovered bug
Which bug? There is a bodysize related bug in the mod?

Btw, If you had looked at the changelog I posted for the next release, you would have noticed that I added this mechanic to every megabeast. Any megabeast can become an object of worship, and appear as friendly or hostile deity in the next release.

So yeah, I did notice and like the feature as well ;) Glad to see that you did some work on it as well... most of these megabeasts will appear as hostile, normal megabeasts btw, it is not that every of these beasts is always a deity.

You also mentioned to me that you were working on the speech files for the battlecries... any update in that regard? I could add it to the next release, to fix the typos at least. ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:23:22 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 04:04:37 am »

There's a universal body-size related bug: creatures don't grow bigger as they age.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 04:18:17 am »

Ok, is noted.

Does it really make sense to fix it on the raw level with max-bodysize for all babies/children? Has toady said anything about a fix for it?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 04:25:30 am »

Ok, is noted.

Does it really make sense to fix it on the raw level with max-bodysize for all babies/children? Has toady said anything about a fix for it?
Well according to the thread I found it on, Toady is unlikely to fix it till the next release. Also, this is the only way to fix it, or you could use a transform syndrome, which also fixes it.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
Re: [Plugin]Dwarven Deities V.4
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 04:46:56 am »

Quick update with the most overpowered creature imaginable  ;D

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 04:02:35 pm »

Put your cyborg into Fortbent and put him up against Lord English ("Cherubic Lord of Time"). Then we'll see who's overpowered >:D

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 04:06:22 pm »

I did actually! Haha one thing about lord english; You can bleed him out. I made a creature that used a rotting bleeding coma inducing syndrome. I didn't wait around to see him die though :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 04:10:48 pm »

I did actually! Haha one thing about lord english; You can bleed him out. I made a creature that used a rotting bleeding coma inducing syndrome. I didn't wait around to see him die though :P

what

he literally doesn't have blood!

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 04:28:20 pm »

Oh. well this was ages ago so I'm a bit sketchy. Pretty sure he rots though... Does his brain rot?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 04:35:46 pm »

He doesn't have a brain.

Plus, I've buffed him a bunch since.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 04:50:31 pm »

Haha I'll take your word for it :) he's invincible. Now I'm gonna buff my cyborg up :P I'm determined to kill it now. Bisect it! Its the only way! Hehehe

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 06:54:37 pm »

That won't work either, nor will beheading. Cave-ins and atom smashing are the only way.

Also, he has a nasty surprise.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:08:55 pm by Putnam »
Pages: 1 [2] 3