Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How to beat a Master Vampire?  (Read 4067 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
How to beat a Master Vampire?
« on: June 07, 2013, 03:13:29 pm »

It seems impossible.

In adventurer mode...
Demonbound (Advfort for the win!) Pyromancer dual wielding halberds with full steel armor and weapons.
I went to one of the few lairs on which a Master Vampire lives.

I knew that it was gonna be an hard battle, and that maybe i would lose.
What i did not expect is for it to last two seconds.
I didnt even have a chance to attack, as soon as i moved he appeared right in front of me, got me by the neck breaking though my armor like if it was nothing and struggled me till i suffocated to death.

Edit: Maybe it was an Ancient Vampire. I dont really know. I just know i didnt have a chance.

HOW. THE. HELL. Am i supposed to beat SUCH a creature???
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:18:06 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
Re: How to beat a Master Vampire?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 03:26:04 pm »

Beat it, Beat it until it stops moving choking you.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 03:29:39 pm »

Beat it, Beat it until it stops moving choking you.
Well, try to beat it yourself O_O
And post the attempt at youtube :P

Anyways, my target is to manage to do an single hit, enough to cause some blood, drink that blood, end him with his same powers.
But its impossible, he avoids my hit then he hits me so hard that he throws me to the other side of the room, only to appear right next to me and smack my head with the bare hands.

Later i attempted to use my fire powers to try and weaken him before going to hand to hand combat... But somehow i ended up melting myself while the vampire attacked me from the back.

Ok, i have managed to beat the vampire by burning it down, but its useless since i didnt get a single drop of its blood to drink. I need a way to beat it without using my fire powers, a way that gives me his blood!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:57:16 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 04:19:23 pm »

Sneak into the lair, throw rocks to cripple, make a spout for the blood, drink said blood, hope that it works.

Also, duel wielding doesn't really give you a bonus to anything. May as well just have a shield for extra defense or nothing in your off hand if you think you would have any chance at disarming or even grappling a Master/Ancient Vamp.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 04:21:04 pm »

Anyways, my target is to manage to do an single hit, enough to cause some blood, drink that blood, end him with his same powers.
But its impossible, he avoids my hit then he hits me so hard that he throws me to the other side of the room, only to appear right next to me and smack my head with the bare hands.

Have you maxed out your skills and attributes?  Oh, and a Stonebound is more effective against single targets - you might try a class change.

Does strangling work on creatures that don't need to breathe?  It's possible to get runes on your armor in Masterwork that will remove your need to breathe.  (Maybe only in fortress mode, though...)  In the same vein, a rune of speed would help.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 04:29:22 pm »

I have added runes to armor and weapons to then use in Adventure Mode, although I have a feeling they don't really work outside of Fortress mode. Not sure if there is a way to make them if they don't.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 04:55:24 pm »

I have added runes to armor and weapons to then use in Adventure Mode, although I have a feeling they don't really work outside of Fortress mode. Not sure if there is a way to make them if they don't.

Have you tried them in fortress mode?  There's a bug that prevents them from working at all, but there's a fix to that bug available (check the bug reports/known issues thread).
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 05:01:02 pm »

Do you mean the vamps in FTN? If so, numbers are your friend. Hire as many people as you can - for meat shields, you understand. You should be very skilled before you try this, though, like killing megabeasts level. Then go and accuse the vamp, let your small army be meatshields for you, tying the vamp's attention (and attacks) somewhere else, then take cheap shots at it until it dies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 07:21:24 pm »

I must have missed that, thanks. I wont be back to my comp until next week, but I will check it out when I am.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2013, 01:53:56 am »

Do you mean the vamps in FTN? If so, numbers are your friend. Hire as many people as you can - for meat shields, you understand. You should be very skilled before you try this, though, like killing megabeasts level. Then go and accuse the vamp, let your small army be meatshields for you, tying the vamp's attention (and attacks) somewhere else, then take cheap shots at it until it dies.
I tried this... And he avoided every single shot, killed all my allies within seconds, then went for me, i tried to burn him down, he blocked the fire and throwed me so hard agaisnt a wall that my brain exploded.

Im legendary at Spearman (Dual Halberd) and armor user, and almost legendary at various other military attributes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2013, 01:56:49 am »

Yeah, that tends to happen since they move at ridiculous speeds. Failing that, try to et your hands on their blood, then run away, come back once you're healed, and use their own superspeed against them.
They are pretty much the ultimate challenge.
Sig! Onol

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2013, 01:58:27 am »

Yeah, that tends to happen since they move at ridiculous speeds. Failing that, try to et your hands on their blood, then run away, come back once you're healed, and use their own superspeed against them.

Its hard to get blood when i cant hit him at all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 01:59:02 am »

Be really really lucky.
That's literally all there is to it.
Sig! Onol

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 02:25:25 am »

Where it says how to fix runes?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 02:26:39 am »

And now my expertise ends, since I've never played Masterwork.
Good luck.
Sig! Onol
Pages: [1] 2