Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to beat a Master Vampire?  (Read 4071 times)

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to beat a Master Vampire?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 02:45:18 am »

The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Deinos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 09:18:35 pm »

Holy hell am I glad that I read this thread, to know that runes are bugged. Imagine how hilariously disappointing it'd be to spend a ton of work crafting an awesome adamantine blade for my adventurer and bifrost plate (at least, I theorize that bifrost may be better than adamantine) full of runes.

OP, on the other hand, should be glad he died horribly to the ancient vampire. That's how I died too, exactly, strangling and all. Because ancient vampire blood, like vampire lord blood, is friggin useless... you need a bite. And they would much rather strangle you.

Your best bet in becoming a master vampire is to find a master vampire in town, get him to join your party, and send him to fight a nest of hydras alone. Kind of treacherous, but master vampires usually have killed thousands of innocent people, so...

Also, I like to delete the possibility of minor and lesser vampires, and werebeasts I find undesirable, to be created through deific curses. Then you're much more likely to get master vampires, and more likely to get master vampires in towns.

I would personally try to defeat an ancient vampire by creating a campfire in the narrow tunnel leading to it, and shoot it with arrows. One arrow to the leg should bring it down.

I had supereverything fighting related, legendary everything fighting, EXTREME!! high wrestling/fighting (like level 100+), but I was still killed and strangled to death in the blink of an eye.

You may also want to bring along demons.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 07:58:13 am »

Do you just take the vamp/were curses you don't want out of the raws before you gen a world, or is there some other way?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2013, 11:12:08 pm »

You can disable all the new werebeasts/vampires in the creature section of the GUI, the "fear the night" button. Its all from Xangis Fear the Night mod.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 05:16:47 am »

I was more going for turning off the default ones, or at least some of them. Making the FtN ones a little easier to find.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 05:30:56 am »

Well, yeah, sure, you can do that. Its a worldgen setting, in the advanced worldgen. Vamps, Curses, Regional Interaction, Evil Rains, its all there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 07:24:48 am »

Blah, of course it is. Not sure how I missed connecting two obviously connected things.
Pages: 1 [2]