Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 318

Author Topic: Rise of the magic girls* OOC  (Read 267502 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Rise of the magic girls* OOC
« on: June 09, 2013, 06:21:38 am »

Rise of the magic girls* OOC
*some magic girls are actually boys but magic boys sound wrong and magic person is just odd. Beside most magic users in this verse for some reason are girls.

I know, I know, I did say no games till I pass my driving test, but I get bored and thus a very light mechanicals game. The stats are the most complex part of this game.

Anyway, the setting is a normal Earth but with a hidden magic girls element. Up till now, the only effects are that some historic figures had powers. For the most part, there been nothing for magic girls to use their powers on so most of them live normal lives and keep their powers secret. Of course that going to change soon.

I will pick the six that bend the best and the rest shall be on a waitlist for when the active ones retire or die horrible deaths.

Spoiler: rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: making turns (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character sheet (click to show/hide)

Please ask questions about anything unclear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

npc list

And a trope page
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:44:04 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the magic girls* OOC
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:03:35 am »

Spoiler: Angel (click to show/hide)
Default Combat Turn:
If Angel, turn into Nuriel.
If Nuriel, say a horrible one-liner and burn an enemy.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:37:54 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:25:43 am »

Your sig text tempts me so Scapheap, but I can't bring myself to it.

Character coming up! (judging from the way stats work, 3 or 4 in normal equals 1 in Magic)

Name: Selina / Ghost

Appearence: A 16 year old girl with emerald green eyes and long hazel hair that covers her left eye. She's about 5'6 with a skinny build, lightly tanned skin, and a small chest.

Magic Appearence: Same age, height and chest size. Has electric blue eyes, glowing teal hair, and tan skin. Her face has jagged yellow tattoos on it, as well as on her arms. She's wearing a light blue jumpsuit with small boots and gloves.

Power: The power of Drawings! Can take drawings out of their pictures as 3-D items. The change can be reversed with the original location of the drawing. The bigger the drawing, the more effort it takes to take it out of its location, with living things taking 3X the effort.

Background: Selina was a shy girl, had been since birth. Her parents tried many times to help her make friends when she began school, but to no avail. Her only interest in school was drawing, and what detailed drawings they were! Even in kindergarden she could draw a garden of flowers, each one being unique and expertly detailed in a matter of days. Just after she turned 10 however, she became deathly ill.

Despite numerous treatments and procedures, the Doctors were unable to help her and she seemed doomed to die... until her father intervened. He prayed and begged every god and deity he knew to spare his daughters life in exchange for his. And just when Selina was about to die, a great light appeared above her bed. As the light dimmed, Selina grew stronger while her father grew weaker. When the light had fully dimmed and left, Selina stabalized. Her father died minutes later, clasping his daughters hand, with a smile on his face.

After leaving the hospital and attending her father's funeral, Selina felt that something about her had changed. It wasn't until she was 12 that she discovered she could make her drawings move, as if they were alive or real. When she turned 13, she was able to pull a plate right out of the page. At 14 she managed to coax a butterfly out of a field she had drawn, though it took immense effort to do so. After the butterfly, Selina condsidered, several times, whether to draw her father and bring him back. With a depressed sigh she decided against it, not knowing what might happen if she made a full size living and thinking human being. Over the last couple years, Selina worked on perfecting her talent, not knowing if she was the only one in the world who could do what she did.

(The biggest thing she managed to take out was a fairy about half a foot tall. She was unconcious for 2 hours when she accomplished it. The fairy stays in her room at home most of the time, reading books and learning things about the world she was brought into.( I hope this is alright, if not, discount it )

Stats 27/27:

Str: 3(2)/6(4)
Mag: 9(8)/11(10)
Dex: 9(7)/7
End: 6(5)/4(3)
Mind: 5/4

Back-up combat turn(in general)- Ghost will use her shield to push an enemy into an AoE attack, or attack normally with sword and shield.

Conny will rain arrows from above, usually light, but will be a backup healer if needed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:28:45 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 02:27:45 pm »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 02:39:25 pm »

@Harry Baldman, the idea of magic is mostly unknown so these magical families can exist, but they won't be known for magic. Hell, most magic 'girls' think they are the only magic user because they never came across another user.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 02:42:19 pm »

I think it's inevitable what my magical girl will use.
Spoiler: Maria Ryan/Anima: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:40:00 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 03:01:13 pm »

@Harry Baldman, the idea of magic is mostly unknown so these magical families can exist, but they won't be known for magic. Hell, most magic 'girls' think they are the only magic user because they never came across another user.

That's the thing, they aren't known for magic. They're just weirdos living in fancy old houses with unspecified incomes. Like mystical, whimsical mobsters.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 03:35:22 pm »

That's the thing, they aren't known for magic. They're just weirdos living in fancy old houses with unspecified incomes. Like mystical, whimsical mobsters.
*go rereading* Ah, okay, carry on.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 04:09:33 pm »

Mind:(Your mental facilities. [...] It also help with magic, but only a little since your scientific mind is trying to say that this is impossible.)
((Would it work better by claiming it's more of a finesse thing with magic, and how to best using what you have? It doesn't really make sense for someone who was born with magic to partially reject it on scientific grounds.))

Name: Cyrus Leryl/Umbral Arrow

Appearance: 11 years old Caucasian, short brown hair, blue eyes. He is short, thin, and looks slightly underfed. He tends to wear Pokemon T-shirts and jeans.
Umbral Arrow looks to be of a similar age and build, but looks to be Japanese and has purple hair and eyes. Her uniform is predominately a dark, faded purple, with slightly lighter, brighter purple trim. It is a very lacy and has many purple ribbons (dark enough to not stand out in the darkness). She has a mid-thigh-length skirt, knee-high socks, and a short sleeved shirt with a partially-open back. Long-sleeved fingerless gloves go up to two inches from the end of the sleeves. Her hair is in two pigtails, hangs just behind her arms, and reaches down between her sleeves and arm warmers.

Personality: Cyrus tries to act as what he thinks is 'mature', and is generally somewhat pessimistic. He tends to have a book and a Gameboy on hand. He likes getting praised, Pokemon, and learning new things. / Contrary to expectations from her outfit, Umbral Arrow is nearly always happy, upbeat, and enthusiastic. She loves the thrill of the hunt, epic things, and girly stuff (dolls, chick-flicks, shopping).

Power: Divination (tarot cards, tea leaves, and the like)/close-ranged shadow control. Her tested powers are extending a short field around herself to move silently and unseen (if the newly dark area isn't suspicious), manifesting shadowy weapons (an elaborate bow, arrows, and a shiv), and a form of teleporting from one very dark area to another (only to line-of-slight or particularly well-known areas, exhausting).

General archetypes: weird bookish kid, PERFECTLY RELIABLE intel/stealth, recon, archer

Background: He lived a mostly normal life until he was ten, living in a fairly small town with only his mother and grandmother. His mother was usually busy, and they never bonded closely. His grandmother taught him various divination techniques, despite his repeated statements that they were either uselessly vague or fake. On his tenth birthday, he learned that his family had had an unbroken line of magical girls through the generations. With his mother no longer able to have children, he was forced into the role with a surprise power-granting ritual. His grandmother sensed that a great oncoming darkness was now inevitable, and said it could wait no longer. The strain of the ritual cost his grandmother her life.

He has spent the last year trying to avoid his 'fated' role, both resenting it for killing his grandmother and a deep dislike of transforming into a female, only changing form a handful of times. He spent most of his time buried in school-work or practicing divination, occasionally getting roped into joining his mother on her hunts.

He doesn't actually care about the change while in Umbral Arrow form, which further disturbs him when he reverts.

Stats:
Str: 3/4(3)
Mag: 12/4
Dex: 3/11(10)
End: 4(3)/3
Mind: 4/5

Edit: Personality
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:59:56 pm by Nirur Torir »

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 04:21:17 pm »

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 08:22:01 pm by Burnt Pies »
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 04:29:19 pm »

Mind:(Your mental facilities. [...] It also help with magic, but only a little since your scientific mind is trying to say that this is impossible.)
((Would it work better by claiming it's more of a finesse thing with magic, and how to best using what you have? It doesn't really make sense for someone who was born with magic to partially reject it on scientific grounds.))
I see it like this. As far as the world know, magic is the stuff of fairytales and the world run on cold, hard science(religions are there, but few beleave that a god made the world, more following a religion for the spirit and the communicate). Thus a magic girl that been drilled with the idea that apples fall down, even though she can make it fly in six difference ways, none of them down, without moving her arm is going to be at odd with her own mind.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 07:25:20 pm »

To use which, guns or gins?

-----

I find it amusing that my character is younger than the others by about a decade. She's also smarter than any of the others when not Transformed. Anyways, once I figure out the backstory enough to save it I'll be done.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 07:30:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 12:28:31 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 07:34:37 pm »

To use which, guns or gins?

-----

I find it amusing that my character is younger than the others by about a decade. She's also smarter than any of the others when not Transformed. Anyways, once I figure out the backstory enough to save it I'll be done.
Gins. And smarter yes, but i believe Selina holds the highest magic when transformed and normal except for Cyrus... I just realized that i'm arguing about a magic kindergardner... Who Selina shall smother in love from cuteness!!! (hehe, unprovoked revenge)
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 07:39:38 pm »

Totally making a character for this... tomorrow or Wednsday. Comic relief character, go! :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 318