Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Features activated even when turned off  (Read 1236 times)

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Features activated even when turned off
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:46:29 am »

I've turned off "simple wood" and "simple gemshape" (among most of the simple x options), yet those two are active anyway.  I have genned a new world after changing the settings, but everything is still either "wood" or "fungi" and all gems are oval cabochons.

This is rather frustrating to me, as I enjoy little details like those, and I'd really hate to restart this fort.  Is there any way to turn them off forcibly by editing raws, or am I stuck this way?

And why did they not work in the first place?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Features activated even when turned off
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 11:06:36 am »

Simple wood your are surely stuck with. Simple gemshapes you might be able to change in the entity, but I dont think so.

I am surprised that the launcher did not work. I just tested it. Simple Wood works for me. I noticed that the Gemshape button might be reversed though... its difficult for me to really be sure, because I dont have access to the source code atm.

They probably did not work because this is a one-man-show, trying to combine 10 different programming languages that he has no clues about, using scripts and programs written by other people. For free, in his free time. :P

Btw, till 2 versions ago this option did not even exist, everyone played with simple wood all the time. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:10:39 am »

Well, hopefully it'll work right in the near future.  Let me know what you find in the source code, when you do have access to it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 11:22:03 am »

That will be in 3 months then. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 11:25:04 am »

A pity.  Thanks for the quick reply anyway!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 11:58:34 am »

> all gems are oval cabochons

Are you playing Orcs maybe?

... they have very limited selection of shapes that they cut stones into.  Although, I thought it was rectangular cabochons, so on second thought maybe that's not it.  They do have a lot of different shaped *swords* though :D

#####################

If the GUI is not working or is backwards, you can edit it yourself by going to the part of the entity file where it says something like

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and replace all the "!NOGEMSHAPE!" metatags with "["
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:13:04 pm by smakemupagus »

Xolroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 01:58:14 pm »

I'm playing standard dwarves.  Thanks for the tip for the gems!  Now to figure out how to fix the wood.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 11:53:42 pm »

I'm playing standard dwarves.  Thanks for the tip for the gems!  Now to figure out how to fix the wood.

You can't increase the total number of wood types in the game without a worldgen (or a DFHack plugin?  I don't think anyone has tried).  You could change WHICH wood types exist in the game, but as you can't change the total number, I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.

(The important thing is that the internal IDs don't change.  As long as you don't change the IDs in the raws, you can change everything else about the wood types, including the names.  Though, changing the information about where trees belong won't cause them to suddenly relocate.)
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.