Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 44045 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
(ISG) You are a bound familiar
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:15:07 pm »

Well now, I'm in the mood for an adventury suggestion game and quite confident in the potential of this plot. Let's see how you guys like it. ;3

To avoid that people have to search for it, here the "full" version of abilities, nebst published trivia. Should new folk be interested, there is no need to read the spoilers beforehand. They pop up timely in the story, and are just there as an easy reminder of facts.

Spoiler: Indezi`s Skills: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elaine's Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dragons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Extraplanar Entities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Master (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Monetary System (click to show/hide)

Are they... gone? It.. would seem that way, wouldn't it? You can't feel any disturbance of mana in the air, and the clanging of armour has also vanquished upstairs. Well, it at least seems safe to open your eyes for now - with what intuition some people have, even a glance can alarm their senses.
Hmm.. yeah. Woah. They really did a number in here - none of the painfully enchanted statues have survived, and even part of the staircase has taken damage. Those adventurers did also not check extensively for magical traps, seeing as your location hasn't blown up - Master is truly not your run-off-the-mill magician, his ploy works as he intended. With a grin you look down onto the bookcase, because one thing did not go according to his carefully crafted plan.

A normal familiar would have not faltered a second, and activated this hidden rune of explosion without a second thought. Thing is, seems like putting shard of a demon-soul into a critter also gives it a will of its own - at least if not under the magic resonance that magician and familiar normaly keep at all times. Said resonance broke when Master hid you and the rune from magical notice in an anti-magical field, the later obviously vanishing as soon as you would activate the more violate one.

Now, you very much like having your own will, much more so than blowing up - thus this cunning ploy of sacrifcing his familiar to wipe out the intruders will turn into his demise instead. After providing and even hiding such a devastating rune, "Master" is pretty spent. Combined with the fact that the rest of the tower only has about half the number of statues than what was in the foyer, it would be nothing short of a wonder if he survived. Freedom is a wonderful thing, is it not?

Seeing as the integrated invisibility spell begins to dwindle, it is only moments before everything becomes visible again - Obviously including you. While you will need to spend pretty much your last supplies of mana to reactivate the rune when those guys come back down, that will be a matter for then.

Most importantly, what shape is hiding in these runes?

Animal:
Appearance:

Only critters up to the size of a cat or a small dog is pretty much the only limitation - the animal you guys choose will obviously effect the further game immensly. I will hint that our squishy mage critter probably won't survive any kind of open fights, so more subtle tactics might be in order. As I plan on having a fitting skill or bonus that is provided by the form we take, it could also be a magical animal - but anything too powerfull will obviously be toned down.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:21:44 am by escaped lurker »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 09:18:02 pm »

Animal: Honey Badger
Appearance: A honey badger.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:22:38 pm »

Animal: Dragon
Appearance: This, only we're about the size of a cat.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:30:03 pm »

Animal:  Honey Dragon
Appearance:  A honey dragon is a mythical cross between a honey badger and a dragon. We have more badger like qualities minus the fact that our fur is sometimes patches of scales instead. We can also breath puffs of fire, they have limited use for combat but lighting a candle or something is easy.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 09:48:17 pm »

This is what I thought when I saw the previous posts so,  +1.
Animal:  Honey Dragon
Appearance:  A honey dragon is a mythical cross between a honey badger and a dragon. We have more badger like qualities minus the fact that our fur is sometimes patches of scales instead. We can also breath puffs of fire, they have limited use for combat but lighting a candle or something is easy.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 09:57:35 pm »

+1
Rawr

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 02:17:24 am »

Animal:Spider
Appearance:this, about the size of a large man's hand.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 02:18:20 am »

You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2013, 02:34:03 am »

Animal: black cat
Appearance: a black cat
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 02:45:17 am »

I support the honey dragon.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2013, 03:28:50 am »

+1
+1
+1

Er, is the view top-down or from the side? I can't tell. o_0

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 03:52:14 am »

+1
+1
+1

Er, is the view top-down or from the side? I can't tell. o_0
diagonal
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 03:53:14 am »

+1 to spider, but disagree on appearance.  The appearance of an ordinary house spider is creepy enough, and less likely to draw extra attention.  I'd prefer it to look like this.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2013, 04:06:26 am »

+1 to spider, but disagree on appearance.  The appearance of an ordinary house spider is creepy enough, and less likely to draw extra attention.  I'd prefer it to look like this.
I fine with that, I just like robots(As if one couldn't tell from the misspelled username)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2013, 05:50:08 am »

Why do i find stuff like this that late ...

Our appearance is based on the design chosen for the Gargoyles around the region as an additional security measure should the invisibility spell fail.
We have 4 Arms and 4 Legs, much like a spider, and an impish head with small horns. We are about one and a quarter meters high, but prefer to move nearer to the ground. Our skin is grey, much like the stone in the area, and the only thing that differentiates us from common gargoyles in appearance are the pitch black abysses that replace our eyes while open.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 37