Advanced search  

Poll

So, when will this start up again?

Abandon Ship - all hope is lost...
Our Necromagicks have failed us!
Next year...
Next quarter...
This quarter?!
Never - The GM is just playing with you!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37

Author Topic: (ISG) You are a bound familiar  (Read 44044 times)

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an unbound familiar
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 10:48:44 pm »

Emotions
Illusionist

Oh, the possibilities.
+1
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 11:44:58 pm »

But if we do that then we can't spend a couple of centuries secluded in a remote tower...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 12:02:02 am »

But if we do that then we can't spend a couple of centuries secluded in a remote tower...
Sure we can, we just need some subjects/minions/test subjects.
Or have some way of feeding from a distance.
Or perhaps get a tribe of kobolds/the local equivalent to worship us.
Or whatever, really.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 02:23:51 am »

+3 for Emotions/Illusion if we can learn other schools,
+2 for Emotions/Enchantment if not.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:25:42 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 02:45:31 am »

Will demons summoned with Demonologe stay in the world after they expire? if so
Sustenance
Demonologe
omnomnom...

We are about one and a quarter meters high,
What kinda of cats do they have around your town?
Lions. In the Zoo. Like - over there *points*.
also: Ragdolls.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2013, 03:07:52 am »

+4 to emotions/illusionist.

Scionox

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2013, 03:40:53 am »

Scionox, the Nightmare Dragon, approves of emotions/illusionist choice.
Capture someone into scary illusion >> get more mana from fear >> capture more people into illusion >> more mana >> ??? >> capture whole world into illusion >> profit!
Rawr

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2013, 03:41:39 am »

+1 to ragdolls!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2013, 08:58:55 am »

+7 for emotions, illusionist combo. 

(Yes, my vote counts for three)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2013, 09:29:34 am »

if we can learn other schools,

Sure can do - but it will get a handicap in comparison to our "main"-skill, wich will grow if we were to dabble in even more disciplines. But to an effect, untill we have "established" ourself, it will be more of a moot point than a possibility.

Will demons summoned with Demonologe stay in the world after they expire?

It is not all that easy to bind an extraplanar entity to "this" plane, but quite doable somewhat later on. Those planebound demons would leave their physical form in this world, but as we spent the mana to summon them, and enable them to "build" that form, it obviously takes more energy to summon something, than you would ever gain from eating it. Same applies to eating any spells or growing mystic plants as a druid. (Well, the plant could be grown, but it would yet have to absorb mana from its surroundings, wich is a very slow process.)

We are a solid, tangible object.  We can modify ourself.  With practice, we could become a full-sized dragon even with our stunted growth, or modify our digestive tract to process anything we can get our jaws around.

While what you say is true, the bit about a full-sized dragon is akin to "godly magic" (not talking about alignment here) - it would need an insane amount of mana, a complicated ritual and even the most highly proficient casters would need to pay quite an "upkeep" to keep such a spell going. I guess. On a smaller scale? Sure thing.

(Yes, my vote counts for three)

"Trying awfully hard being funny humble today, aren't we?"

(If you are able to pin that quote, It just might heighten your chances...  :P)

Jokes aside, I have already gathered that illusion is one of the prefered options atm - it woud allow for quite an interesting plot, so I can see why it get's all those votes. Just remember that the "mana systems" are balanced. Mystic plants or other "springs" of mana are somewhat rare, magic is uncommon - but nibbling a good enchantment would keep us on our toes for quite a while and you would need to scare a person half to death with the simplest illusion available to make a profit out of it.

I hope that awnsers all questions - I guess the update will be later in the day as I have some stuff on my plate for now - and it seems that the results could still change.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2013, 11:20:41 am »

Thanks for the information.  Is suggestion revision allowed in light of this new information?

I still think sustenance and enchanter are the way to go here.

While what you say is true, the bit about a full-sized dragon is akin to "godly magic" (not talking about alignment here) - it would need an insane amount of mana, a complicated ritual and even the most highly proficient casters would need to pay quite an "upkeep" to keep such a spell going. I guess. On a smaller scale? Sure thing.

Oh I wasn't thinking live as a full-scale dragon, nor be able to do this immediately.  More like a lycanthrope or other shapechanging critter getting his game face on for a brief period when more combat power is needed, and something that gradually improves with time and practice.  Maybe also useful for gorging on rich sources of mana when they become available (say, a herd of magical cows), though for that maybe it'd be simpler to just improve stomach capacity and/or compress what's going to be eaten.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 11:59:21 am »

I figure eventually we will need to farm magic, so hire folk to make spells for us to absorb, or build a cult/keep people in a dungeon to eat their emotions, farm/purchase magical herbs to eat...
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 04:16:27 pm »

it obviously takes more energy to summon something, than you would ever gain from eating it. Same applies to eating any spells or growing mystic plants as a druid.
Stupid law of thaumidynamics...

I figure eventually we will need to farm magic, so hire folk to make spells for us to absorb, or build a cult/keep people in a dungeon to eat their emotions, farm/purchase magical herbs to eat...
Exact plans may vary.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37