Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: DFHack Plugin: Digging Invaders Version 0.6  (Read 56490 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: DFHack Plugin: Digging Invaders Version 0.5
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 03:34:57 am »

ok, is noted. playing around with this new toy willbe more then enough fun :)

do you happen to know someone who is crazy enough for that lighting thing though ? even a simple version would be great, that simply makes everything around a lightsource lighter.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 09:11:40 am »

ok, is noted. playing around with this new toy willbe more then enough fun :)

do you happen to know someone who is crazy enough for that lighting thing though ? even a simple version would be great, that simply makes everything around a lightsource lighter.
i might be. I'm going to do something with DF this weekend. Not sure what will it be (the list contains offscreen rendering (for multiplayer), selection scripts (to be able to select units/items/etc more conviently) and playing around with renderer).

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2013, 11:35:47 pm »

Posting to follow :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2013, 06:16:50 am »

@Warmist, how is the lighting/shadow script coming? The screenshots looked good :)

@Expwnent: A couple of questions about the usage of the script. Hope you can help me, I would really like to include this for a few invaders in my next update, to see how it handles in fort-mode. :)

######################
### DiggingInvaders plugin ###
######################

#1.
diggingInvaders 1
diggingInvaders add HUMAN/PLAINS => Do I use the creature or entity ID?
diggingInvaders setCost HUMAN destroyBuilding 99999
diggingInvaders setCost HUMAN dig 5
diggingInvaders setCost HUMAN destroyRoughConstruction 5
diggingInvaders setCost HUMAN destroySmoothConstruction 99999
diggingInvaders setDelay HUMAN destroyBuilding 99999
diggingInvaders setDelay HUMAN dig 50
diggingInvaders setDelay HUMAN destroyRoughConstruction 50
diggingInvaders setDelay HUMAN destroySmoothConstruction 99999

Assumption: If I add this to the dfhack init, then the script is automatically started when dfhack starts, and enables the human civ to dig and deconstruct walls from boulders, but not destroy buildings, walls from blocks/bars. Is this correct?

#2.
Additionally adding this:
diggingInvaders add FROST_GIANT
diggingInvaders setCost FROST_GIANT destroyBuilding 1
diggingInvaders setCost FROST_GIANT dig 99999
diggingInvaders setCost FROST_GIANT destroyRoughConstruction 1
diggingInvaders setCost FROST_GIANT destroySmoothConstruction 1
diggingInvaders setDelay FROST_GIANT destroyBuilding 50
diggingInvaders setDelay FROST_GIANT dig 99999
diggingInvaders setDelay FROST_GIANT destroyRoughConstruction 50
diggingInvaders setDelay FROST_GIANT destroySmoothConstruction 50
would lead to Frost-Giants being able to raze any wall and building, but they cant dig. Again, is this ok?

#3.
Or, the opposite:
diggingInvaders add ANT_MAN
diggingInvaders setCost ANT_MAN destroyBuilding 99999
diggingInvaders setCost ANT_MAN dig 5
diggingInvaders setCost ANT_MAN destroyRoughConstruction 99999
diggingInvaders setCost ANT_MAN destroySmoothConstruction 99999
diggingInvaders setDelay ANT_MAN destroyBuilding 99999
diggingInvaders setDelay ANT_MAN dig 5
diggingInvaders setDelay ANT_MAN destroyRoughConstruction 99999
diggingInvaders setDelay ANT_MAN destroySmoothConstruction 99999
would lead to an Antmen civ that can dig rather quickly, but is unable to breach walls.

#4.
diggingInvaders edgesPerTick 10 would make the FPS better, but the invaders pathfinding slower.

#5.
diggingInvaders edgesPerTick 1000 would make the FPS worse, but the invaders pathfinding faster.

#6.
diggingInvaders setCost RACE walk n. What exactly is it used for? Yes, the walk cost for pathing, but how does that influence the behaviour ingame?

#7.
Can this plugin be run from the init, on startup? Or does it need fortress mode to be active? I would have no idea how to automate it then, to make it the default mode, because seemingly a player would have to run the commands himself.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2013, 06:44:06 am »

@Warmist, how is the lighting/shadow script coming? The screenshots looked good :)

Almost done(there might be few perf./quality inprovements, some more features (e.g. creatures interacting with light), some tidy-up stuff). The thing is it's a plugin not a script so unfortunately you'll have to wait for next dfhack release.

Edit: actually i'll start a new thread for that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 06:46:16 am by Warmist »

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2013, 12:19:01 pm »

#1.
diggingInvaders 1
diggingInvaders add HUMAN/PLAINS => Do I use the creature or entity ID?
diggingInvaders setCost HUMAN destroyBuilding 99999
diggingInvaders setCost HUMAN dig 5
diggingInvaders setCost HUMAN destroyRoughConstruction 5
diggingInvaders setCost HUMAN destroySmoothConstruction 99999
diggingInvaders setDelay HUMAN destroyBuilding 99999
diggingInvaders setDelay HUMAN dig 50
diggingInvaders setDelay HUMAN destroyRoughConstruction 50
diggingInvaders setDelay HUMAN destroySmoothConstruction 99999

Assumption: If I add this to the dfhack init, then the script is automatically started when dfhack starts, and enables the human civ to dig and deconstruct walls from boulders, but not destroy buildings, walls from blocks/bars. Is this correct?

It should be by creature, not civ. Set the cost to -1 to disable entirely otherwise they can do it, just very slowly, and while on the map they'll attempt to do it, possibly forever.

#2.
Additionally adding this:
diggingInvaders add FROST_GIANT
diggingInvaders setCost FROST_GIANT destroyBuilding 1
diggingInvaders setCost FROST_GIANT dig 99999
diggingInvaders setCost FROST_GIANT destroyRoughConstruction 1
diggingInvaders setCost FROST_GIANT destroySmoothConstruction 1
diggingInvaders setDelay FROST_GIANT destroyBuilding 50
diggingInvaders setDelay FROST_GIANT dig 99999
diggingInvaders setDelay FROST_GIANT destroyRoughConstruction 50
diggingInvaders setDelay FROST_GIANT destroySmoothConstruction 50
would lead to Frost-Giants being able to raze any wall and building, but they cant dig. Again, is this ok?

Basically, same thing as before with the -1.

diggingInvaders edgesPerTick 10 would make the FPS better, but the invaders pathfinding slower.
diggingInvaders edgesPerTick 1000 would make the FPS worse, but the invaders pathfinding faster.

Yes.

diggingInvaders setCost RACE walk n. What exactly is it used for? Yes, the walk cost for pathing, but how does that influence the behaviour ingame?

If, for example, you set it to 0, then invaders would prefer to walk arbitrarily far instead of digging one tile, assuming digging has nonzero cost. The higher it is, the more they'll want to dig/deconstruct instead of going through empty tiles.

Can this plugin be run from the init, on startup? Or does it need fortress mode to be active? I would have no idea how to automate it then, to make it the default mode, because seemingly a player would have to run the commands himself.

The init should work.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2013, 09:36:43 pm »

Thank you expwnent, I was really a bit unsure about turning parts off... -1 was the answer I was looking for, without knowing it.

I'll add the lines to the init then and force a few sieges, lets see if it works without any user input.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 05:14:45 pm »

So, help me understand: they only dig horizontally, or they dig channels too?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Bigheaded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2013, 12:59:48 pm »

Getting this on masterwork DF will be amazing. My processor dies from normal DF too quickly.

Seriously looking forward to antmen mining into my fort and making a mess which allows other random stuff in.
Dear Urist McStockpileDrone
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2013, 11:14:46 pm »

So, help me understand: they only dig horizontally, or they dig channels too?

Neither. They will dig vertically if necessary, but will not dig channels or ramps.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2013, 12:17:22 am »

They mine and build up/down staircases. :)

I really want to include this in MasterworkDF, but I have to wait till I am back in Germany. Otherwise I cant make it an optional setting in the UI (I left the source code at home), and I know most people will find this too hardcore.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2013, 07:28:37 am »

In Linux (Ubuntu 13.02 32-bit) I get the following error when starting up DFHack:
Code: [Select]
./Dwarf Fortress/libs/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' not found (required by /home/jbnauta/DF/MasterworkDF_linux v3g/Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/diggingInvaders.plug.so)
Can't load plugin ./Dwarf Fortress/hack/plugins/diggingInvaders.plug.so

I first tried this with the Masterwork package, but after this error I downloaded this individual plug-in and still got the same error. I also know I'm not the only Linux user with this error, Urmane gets this error on Gentoo.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2013, 02:30:36 pm »

I compiled it in arch linux, which uses very up to date everything, including the C++ compiler. It's supposed to be backward compatible though. Make sure you have the right version of DFHack and that you're completely updated. You might need to get the right dlls (or whatever linux calls those. I forget.).

If that doesn't fix it, I'm not sure.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2013, 07:05:07 am »

I downloaded a fresh copy of Dwarf Fortress, DFHack r3 and this plugin, but I still get the same error. I use Ubuntu 13.04 and everything is entirely up to date.
The problem seems to be with the DF libs, which come with the download. The libstds++.so.6 file is present in the ./df_linux/libs folder, so I think there is a problem with the contents there.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2013, 03:47:40 pm »

In the df folder, try

Code: [Select]
mv libs/libstdc++.so.6 libs/.libstdc++.so.6

The problem is that the plugin was compiled with a more recent version of C++ than dfhack-0.34.11-r3 was. On linux, DF is packaged with a version of the C++ library, presumably so you don't have to install it yourself. The plugin requires GLIBCXX_3.4.18, and the last release had something earlier. If you delete it, then when you run DF, it'll look for the library wherever your libraries normally are in your filesystem, instead of the local version of the library.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6