Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: DFHack Plugin: Digging Invaders Version 0.6  (Read 56492 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Plugin: Digging Invaders Version 0.5
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2013, 08:34:31 pm »

Hello, i recently found your plugin, so i have decided to run a fortress just to see how it works :)

In my game i finally reached the stage in which goblin siege are starting, so a small army of them appeared, my entrance (my surface access is surrounded by walls) bridge is raised of course and my 20 dwarven warriors are waiting around my hatch entrance now.

My whole fortress is actually underground, the level under the surface and the level just bellow it are housing my 160 dwarves , their workshops, rooms, stockpiles etc... so they can dig from anywhere to attack my dwarves.

They're now waiting to the north-northwest of my fort

I made sure to type
Code: [Select]
diggingInvaders 1as it looks like it's disabled by default

then after waiting and seeing nothing out of normal DF goblin behaviour, i decided to type
diggingInvaders setDelay GOBLIN dig 100As you mentionned the default being 1000 and supposedly meaning 1 tile dug in 1 minute

And i waited, and waited, still nothing they're just waiting where they are like they do in regular DF when you don't open the door yourself to let them in.

So i typed
diggingInvaders nowas from the text it's supposed to trigger the digging immediately.
... but nothing at all, they still don't try to dig to reach my underground fortress or to deconstruct the surface walls to reach my surface military.

If you think it can be usefull, i can upload the save somewhere

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2013, 05:51:25 pm »

You forgot

diggingInvaders add GOBLIN
edit: also, the delay is an additive delay in the number of ticks it takes them to perform the job. It's hard to estimate how long that will take in real time.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:55:32 pm by expwnent »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2013, 09:48:51 pm »

Thanks, i'll see how it works the next time i have a fortress besieged.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2013, 01:09:30 am »

Fun fact: if I remember correctly, you can do a bunch of commands at once to make thing easier.

diggingInvaders enable add GOBLIN setCost GOBLIN dig 100 setDelay GOBLIN dig 100
for example.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2013, 12:30:49 pm »

Posting to follow. Also...

expwnent: Please update your DFFD entry to set "Home:" to your Forum Thread. Instead of browsing the forums, some of us browse through DFFD to find new and interesting mods and utilities and it can be very annoying to have to search the forums for the link to the mod's discussion thread. (That's assuming we know a mod has a forum thread. Some mods and utilities don't even have one.)

While you're at it, having a more detailed description on DFFD would be really nice. The current description says nothing about what your plugin actually does and a lot of us would glace at it, scratch our heads, and skip to the next utility. You could just copy 'n paste from you OP in this thread and most of us would be happy.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2014, 02:25:51 am »

the following seems to result in pretty consistent crashes when invaders show up:

diggingInvaders add GOBLIN
diggingInvaders setCost GOBLIN destroyBuilding -2
diggingInvaders setCost GOBLIN dig -1
diggingInvaders setCost GOBLIN walk 0
diggingInvaders setCost GOBLIN destroyRoughConstruction -1
diggingInvaders setCost GOBLIN destroySmoothConstruction -2
diggingInvaders setDelay GOBLIN destroyBuilding 50
diggingInvaders setDelay GOBLIN dig -1
diggingInvaders setDelay GOBLIN destroyRoughConstruction 50
diggingInvaders setDelay GOBLIN destroySmoothConstruction 99

setting the walk cost to -1 seems to resolve it though. it may take a couple reloads, but this save should demonstrate the bug.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2014, 05:59:55 pm »

I'll look into it when I get a chance. In the mean time, a few things:

Setting walk cost to 0 will make things run much more slowly, because they'll have to explore the entire reachable map before even considering digging.

Setting a cost to -2 is equivalent to setting it to -1, which disables that type of movement. So setting walk cost to -1 means the pathfinder thinks they cannot move, effectively disabling digging for that race. It seems like you disabled everything but walking, which should result in no dig/deconstruct jobs being assigned.

Setting delay to -1 seems dangerous. It shouldn't do anything, but I would recommend 0 to keep the default dig time.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 05, 2014, 01:46:26 pm »

Wow. This seems like a good alternative to waiting for half a decade longer for Toady to implement this officially.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

ColdOneK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2014, 09:07:16 pm »

This is awesome
I like the idea of digging in sieges, but it'd be kind of overkill if they came in ambushes imho - by the time ambushes start, most of my forts either have to turtle them, or suffer heavy casualties
but when sieges start the only thing a mature fort has to worry about are ranged enemies in vanilla - even then, only elites, if they liberally use ranged and fortifications

Also @ Meph - digging fb and wall destroying titans/ect would be kind of awesome
but increasing the durability of them seems like a waste
Personally I like epic fights, and making them more durable/powerful would definitely add to that, but then again, I've yet to see a fb during my current fort that doesn't have some kind of b/s secondary ability to kill everything that engages it in melee. If you send you're hardened vets to fight some epic enemy and some of them die because the thing is flat out powerful - no problem hell thats awesome even, but if you're vets rofl stomp the stupid thing, and then every single one dies because it had "poison breath" thats just flat out lame, and would definitely lead me, for one, to using ranged people after trapping it somehow in idk a bridge box trap since that would be childs play to set up - because the pathfinding only checks once - they'll keep moving w/out knowing they've been blocked by a bridge being raised
you can even have 2 sep bridge boxes - with flying forgotten beasts, it pumps magma in, and with non flying, it just has the top open to a shooting gallery

basically if you make them more durable, please remove b/s breaths, or there could be a dwarf/workshop/something that you can use to counteract it's o/pness - training melee is slow yet fun and exciting, but the breath stuff is, like i said, lame
2cents have been given...
~likes grizzlies for the epicness - dwarves for their melee - prefers to drink bourbon and coke when possible - needs alcohol to get through the working day - a fat stubby creature prone to arrogance and bouts of insanity~

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »

Splinterz: *A* crash bug has been fixed, hopefully the one you were having trouble with. We'll see in the next release.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2014, 05:11:12 am »

Splinterz: *A* crash bug has been fixed, hopefully the one you were having trouble with. We'll see in the next release.
Yes, there have been consistent crashes in MasterworkDf, at least ten different reports, all the same cause. I will update the script in the next mod update, and will let you know if something changed. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2014, 02:12:02 pm »

It's included in r4 and beyond. The syntax is the same, so you won't have to change any scripts.

In this case I was too busy to fix it anyway, but in general I would like to see bug reports that relate to my plugins, if you get any.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:17:51 pm by expwnent »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2014, 04:34:52 am »

There are no real bugreports, the game instantly crashes as soon as invaders enter the map that can dig.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2014, 12:11:51 pm »

Ha. Interestingly enough, that bug got past me because it works fine on Linux. It was a weird windows problem.

The good news is that symptom matches exactly with the bug we Warmist fixed.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2014, 12:34:27 pm »

Where could I find the newest version? The link in this thread, http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7748 , seems to be somewhat older. From a year ago. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6