Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need Help Installing  (Read 1002 times)

Beez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Need Help Installing
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:34:02 pm »

So, I'm having trouble installing Masterwork DF.  I've gone to the site everything seems to point to when they tell you to download it, http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5315, and hit the Download Now button.  Everywhere I've looked says that download contains all the stuff I'd need to run Masterwork, but all I ever get is critters.png, dwarves.png, humanoids.png, graphics_critters.txt, graphics_dwarves.txt, graphics_humies.txt, and an empty graphics_example.txt.  Is this the wrong site, or the wrong download, or am I just hitting the wrong button, or what, because I'm very confused and I just want to play.

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Installing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 04:01:26 pm »

It is the right site and the button is right as well. This is the direct link to the file:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/download.php?id=5315&f=MasterworkDF+v3a.rar

The file name is 'MasterworkDF v3a.rar' and it is about 54 MB. Makes sure the download goes well and you get the whole file. Because sometimes the download can stop due to unstable connection, though it never happened to me with this site.

The file is a rar archive. When you unpack it to an empty folder (using WinRar or anything similar), there will be all the files ready and you need to run 'Settings.exe', then change any options you want and press 'Play Dwarf Fortress'. You might want to run 'Therapist', 'soundSense' or other additional utilities going with Masterwork as well.

And this all is based on assumption that you are using Windows, not Linux or Mac.

Beez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help Installing
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:11:42 pm »

Alright, they're showing up now.  I think my archiver was bad, and it was only showing a small selection of the files.  Which is odd, but whatever.  Thanks.