Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Contest] A quick drawing contest  (Read 513 times)

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
[Contest] A quick drawing contest
« on: July 01, 2013, 11:25:11 am »

Hey Bay12 artists! I DM for a group of friends and I when we play DnD. I want to do a Castaway-island-like seesion sometime in the future. I like to have a drawing to kick of sessions so we know what we're looking for/where we are. The world we use looks like this:

Imagine a continent, now raise it up so its surface is floating about 5 miles above the rest of the planet (so now we have a giant, floating island.) The continent is on average 1 to 1 and 1/2 miles thick. At one point a spire (that is maybe a half mile in diameter near the center) connects the bottom of the continent to the ocean below and around this spire is and island.

This island is where the players will be marooned.

The Contest? To draw a picture (color or not, I don't care) of this island and the spire connecting it to the floating continent.

Have at it folks!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: [Contest] A quick drawing contest
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 05:54:47 pm »

We're going to need a bit more information, I think.

If this spire is in the middle of an entire continent, it's going to be shrouded in darkness, except maybe in the evenings. Unless the continent is a game sized continent, in which case the spire is still going to be pretty dark. It's going to be a barren underground style area in my mind.

What's the size of the spire itself? Tall and thin? Short and wide? Some other combination? How large is the base where folks can do adventure like things without scaling the spire? Campaign size? Small story arc size? Is it completely deserted, or are there towns or forests?

It might also be worth your time to throw out some concept art and even a rough map of the area.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.