Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Toying around with organization  (Read 41613 times)

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
Re: Toying around with organization
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2014, 08:59:29 pm »

-snip

It appaers as if many people say: I want to try mods, start MDF, try it, either like it and stay; or dislike it and move back to vanilla DF. This was never my attention and I have no idea how to change that behaviour. All I can say is that I wouldnt blame the board structure. I agree that the deon/putnam boards are ... not that useful (?) Putnam, you yourself said it about your board and moved thongs into the utility sectiob, because it seemed more fitting; and deon did something alike now with the LotR mod. I feel really bad about this, but if you look at the amount of topics in the boards, its still only your release threads.

-snip

One thing that comes to mind is that the bundle of GUI and utilities make my mod more popular. A simple solution would be to add the GUI and utilities to other mods too. I think many people that play MasterworkDF are so used to workflow and quickfort and fancy custom dfhack scripts, that they dont try other mods, because these are missing. The GUI as well, it can be easily fitted to any mod, because the source code is always the same, only keywords are replaced. Deon can confirm this. :)

It was the GUI interface that drove me away from Masterwork, and later Accelerated mod- I didn't want to bother with any of the other conversion mods in case they had the GUI, or were planning to use it. I understand that it was needed for masterwork, but putting it on accelerated was redundant as the GUI ate as much of my computers resources as though I had vanilla running.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2014, 09:05:23 pm »

You could always exit out of the GUI after launching DF...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2014, 05:54:30 am »

You could always exit out of the GUI after launching DF...
True. It works exactly like the LNP. You use it to set up your version with the settings and tileset you like, and after that you do not need the launcher anymore. It just seems easier to offer a launcher with multiple options for tilesets and colors, than offering 10 different downloads and have the player do it manually.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2014, 05:42:39 pm »

A subforum for DFHack would be immensely practical, it would help with the organization and tracking of plugins, scripts, binpatches and general improvements to the game.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2014, 04:01:02 pm »

A subforum for DFHack would be immensely practical, it would help with the organization and tracking of plugins, scripts, binpatches and general improvements to the game.
+1!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

amistospindraca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2014, 12:56:27 pm »

+1!

+1!

BTW--Are there any strictly DFhack-related forums anywhere? Using simple searches, I was unable to find any.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2014, 01:09:22 pm »

+1 from me as well.

Just counted, first three pages in the utility section: 45 threads, 21 of them about dfhack.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2014, 01:10:28 pm »

+1!
+1!
+1 from me as well.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]