Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Magical Burst: A Game of Desperate Magical Girls OOC/Signup Thread  (Read 12620 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Burst: A Game of Desperate Magical Girls OOC/Signup Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2013, 08:22:00 pm »

I see. Best rush like a motherfucker back out, then.

if it takes very long, I'll probably have you have an accident and get hospitalized for a bit so you're out of the picture, but can recover once you return.

Aaaaaand there will then be a spot open?

* Gamerboy4life gets hopes up, probably only to have them crushed.

Naturally.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2013, 08:23:01 pm »

if it takes very long, I'll probably have you have an accident and get hospitalized for a bit so you're out of the picture, but can recover once you return.

Naturally.

Aww yiss
I need to put something interesting here.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2013, 08:24:26 pm »

Naturally.

Aww yiss

Realistically speaking, though, I'm going to try to keep the party balanced.

So yeah.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2013, 12:01:46 am »

Alright, I need to sleep.

Gold, do your magic stuff, stat up the rest of your character, and do your scene of finding your weapon (and your actual awakening scene upon getting it and gaining your new powers) if you want, and I'll finish up tomorrow.

Also, go ahead and decide whether you want me to knock you out by causing your return to normal reality to release a burst of your energy that does weird shit :P

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2013, 12:05:20 am »

Knocking my character out is fine.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2013, 11:10:52 pm »

Spoiler: New Stuff (click to show/hide)
I started a post last night, then lost it, then needed to go to bed, then today happened and I forgot. Sorry...
And I still don't have those computer issues fully resolved, and hence have no access to the rulebooks and no idea what the Power and stuff should be.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2013, 12:30:09 am »

Ah, sorry. You're a Tactician, so...

... well it seems they've been renamed effects, but here:

Spoiler: LIST! (click to show/hide)

I'll move this to the OP later, but this should do for now.

Reminder: You start with one from the general list and one from the Tactician list, as well as the two that all Tacticians get:

Magical girls that choose the Tactician archetype gain the following benefits:
Arcane Mastery: You gain a +1 bonus to all Support challenges. Flexibility: You gain a second Finishing Move. However, you may only use one out of your two Finishing Moves per battle. If you buy a third Finishing Move with XP, you will then be able to use two out of your three Finishing Moves per battle.

Integrity Scan: Once per battle you may learn whether your enemy is Uninjured (full Resolve), mildly injured (over 2/3rds Resolve remaining), injured (between 2/3rds and 1/3rd Resolve remaining), or badly injured (less than 1/3rd Resolve remaining.) In addition, if the enemy is a Youma, you also learn whether they are above or below one half of their maximum Power Points. You may use this ability more than
once per battle by spending 1 Overcharge. This is a Free Action.

For your finishers, figure out what it is/looks like (Giant bug swarm cannon, or something like that) and pick a mechanical effect from the following:

Spoiler: Finishers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 12:35:28 am by ragnarok97071 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2013, 02:47:14 am »

((Finished character sheet for the wait list, also not sure if I've made any mistakes/contradictions or something so tell me if I messed up [also need to write back story]))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:54:05 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2013, 09:12:25 pm »

Wow. That is a wall of text. And, no offense, but it's terribly formatted.

I'll go with Regeneration and Arcane Analysis, the latter fluffed as looking it up on my laptop and the former making me consider a new idea for Gretchen's magical form...As for the Finisher (and that Wall of Text was MUCH better-formatted, what with the bolding), it's a Grand Barrage done via bug swarm...probably summoned, although rethinking the magical form might cause that to be refluffed.
And, of course, the Arcane Mastery and Integrity Scan.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2013, 09:19:24 pm »

It was super late and I was tired. :P so sue me.

Figure out your stuff and make your post in the game thread, though I don't think I'll need to knock you out now that you're actually on semi-regularly :p

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2013, 10:17:33 pm »

..What do I post IC? "Gretchen discovers she can do X"?
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2013, 11:13:23 pm »

o.o well, you're in the armory. Roleplay out her searching around and finding her weapon/laptop and going through her initial transformation.

I need to sleep for work tomorrow, sorry.

But basically, since people don't seem to understand it, I'd like for everyone to try to post at least a paragraph of fluff and such around your action so that it's more narrative, like I've been trying to do.

That okay?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2013, 02:32:15 am »

Fine by me
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2013, 05:41:12 am »

GreatWyrmGold, I'll need you to get up a post in the main thread from you by 5:00 this afternoon or I'm going to have to put you on standby for non-availability and let someone else take your player spot.

I'm also instating a new rule: if a player doesn't post at least once in the main thread each day and hasn't posted a reasonable explanation, and was online that day (some leeway will be given in case computers explode, obviously), they will be put on standby and returned to the queue. This is so that we can be assured that the game continues to run smoothly.

If a player DOES have a good explanation, then response will vary with the situation. If it can be written around in that case, it will.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2013, 05:52:17 am »

When exactly is 5 PM this afternoon in GMT?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10