Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: B.A. new creatures  (Read 3184 times)

GrymVarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
B.A. new creatures
« on: June 14, 2013, 05:21:53 am »

The point of this topic is to reruit a group of people to work on a new creature raw, which will consist of the group deciding on what to make and establishing work orders for each member of the group. New modders are welcome to apply i will keep the group small, but hopefully we can come up with some great ideas and make some bad ass new creatures, whether realistic or fanciful to intimidate, tear down, or amaze the world of Dwarf Fortress.

Post if interested!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: B.A. new creatures
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 05:34:07 am »

Welcome to the bay12 forums! Glad to see you taking an interest in Dwarf Fortress and the noble past time of modding, but this topic is better suited to the Modding Section rather than general. You will find people more highly suited to your needs. Best of luck!

There should be a button to move the topic yourself.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 07:25:31 am »

Recruits? Group deciding what to make? Work orders?

Could you please pull that fancy lever I've just established in your bedroom? And yeah, that's a heated floor you have from a while back, it's to keep your feet warm... Just pull that lever.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 08:10:26 am »

Could you please pull that fancy lever I've just established in your bedroom? And yeah, that's a heated floor you have from a while back, it's to keep your feet warm... Just pull that lever.

Click me before the leaver

this could be interesting ill nead a better idea of how it will work before i sign up.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 08:15:38 am by sackhead »

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 08:20:30 am »

From what I understand I think deon just told you to go kill yourself. Nice support there deon!  ;)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 08:53:51 am »

Well before anyone shoots the poor lad/lass Community Bestiary Game this was made quite a bit ago, we also have More abominations, taking requests for random odd suggestions for critters.

not to mention several other misc creature and minor mod Souleater17's Mods and stuff - Walking worms, Vampire Lords and hags! and like I said other various minor mods. You can probably search around for these minor mods and PM the authors and kindly ask them if perhaps they would like to be in a Modding Group or attribute to a large project.

Also Welcome to the modding fourms, btw we have a modding questions thread and alot has been answered in it. So before you ask a question search the issue and see if it's been answered before, if not post in that thread. But if you think it requires indepth discussion then make another thread, also some things that can't be modded there might be something the DFHack guys can come up with.

GrymVarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 09:19:42 am »

This wasnt a question it was me trying to get a group of people together to do something unique. It would be different from what other people posting similar threads would be doing, and i am not looking for that big of a project just getting a few people together to come up with some new beasts for the game. As far as more information it would depend on what other people in the group want to do, and we will hopefully come up with something creative, and most importantly FUN.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 09:24:59 am »

@ Deon I figured it was a joke, but now I just finally put it all together haha... Nobles.

@GrymVarg
I kinda figured that was the case, if you manage to get a collection of people a Google Spread Sheet would be a good way of sorting information and ideas since you can make 'n' amount of sheets and seperate things in different cells.

Just my two cents.

GrymVarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:29:55 am »

Hey thanks a bunch ill be sure to remember that! as far as Deon's nobles joke im not going to dictate it will be a collaborative group project where the group establishes their own jobs.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 10:41:51 am »

Gosh guys it was a joke about nobles. They also try to command and order around highly skilled or legendary people while not knowing nothing about the jobs themselves.

Welcome to the forums and I hope you learn and prosper :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

GrymVarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 11:25:00 am »

Thanks lol. i do know some about modding im not an expert but i do have decent exposure to creature raws.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 03:43:55 pm »

I don't think there's any need to gather a group.  Most modding jobs can be done by a single person.  If you want to make something cool, go ahead and do it.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

GrymVarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 01:14:35 am »

Thats not exactly the point of what i wanted to do i kinda wanted to get a group to work together, because i thought it would be fun, and in hopes that we could come up with something incredible.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 01:54:05 am »

i do think we could come up with some pretty neat creatures together.
let's start brainstorming.
how about a megabeast?

and techniquely wouldn' Deons first suggestion be murder? i mean he is basicly setting a booby trap..

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 01:59:10 am »

Booby trap lever megabeast? :D

Also I would like to join if there's some plan, because I honestly have no idea what are you trying to do. I usually make a few drafts on paper before doing stuff in df, it really helps to plan stuff out and realise what's right and wrong.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: [1] 2 3