Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: B.A. new creatures  (Read 3187 times)

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: B.A. new creatures
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 07:26:43 am »

Booby trap lever megabeast? :D
i vote this

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 01:09:58 pm »

Thanks lol. i do know some about modding im not an expert but i do have decent exposure to creature raws.
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase tell me this doesn't mean you've only skimmed a small portion of the raws for Masterwhore?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:03:21 pm by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

GrymVarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 02:01:43 pm »

Booby trap megabeast sounds fun lets start with that and see what we can do! as far as my knowledge of raws no ive made a couple of creatures on my own, but nothing really out of the ordinary

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 10:39:45 pm »

how about a booby traped noble's room that has become detached from a fortress and decided to run around killing people for some reason.

it could be a large stone room that has "furniture" instead of organs.
a bunch of leaver body parts required for different interactions that are trap like.
each leaver could be a head so when you cut them all of it dies (like a hydra)
and when you butcher it it gives you all the high quality furniture you would expect in a nobles bed room

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 11:26:56 pm »

how about a booby traped noble's room that has become detached from a fortress and decided to run around killing people for some reason.

it could be a large stone room that has "furniture" instead of organs.
a bunch of leaver body parts required for different interactions that are trap like.
each leaver could be a head so when you cut them all of it dies (like a hydra)
and when you butcher it it gives you all the high quality furniture you would expect in a nobles bed room

Creatures can't take up more than one tile.  Or is the point of this proposal to hack together a way to make it work?
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

GrymVarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 11:57:15 pm »

thats a great idea! maybe one of the levers(heads) should have a cave in effect, while another spews lava and we could add some other effects so its like the traps you would find in a noble's room! i would need help applying buildings for body parts or the material but as far as the rest its definately possible

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 01:40:19 am »

Hmm... DFHack can reshape the land, making the creature "move".  The creature would need to be killable, though, so... I guess we could have some sort of "noble" inside, running around and pulling levers but dodging (by vanishing temporarily) every disaster he causes?  Then the player would have to rush in between disasters and kill him before he reaches the next lever, or just shoot him with crossbows I guess.

Or, to go a bit weirder, each noble actually dies, the room settles down, and a new noble appears a little later.  Killing the nobles just slows it down - to stop it, you have to deconstruct it from inside.  Without a noble, it's mostly harmless - but things can still get shaken off by its movement, such as debris from previous cave-ins or dwarves trying to deconstruct parts of it.  Miners might be a bit more effective than deconstructors.

How does the thing move, though?  Legs, like a mech?
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 04:09:09 am »

Creatures can't take up more than one tile.  Or is the point of this proposal to hack together a way to make it work?

i didn't intead for it to take up more then one tile
thats a great idea! maybe one of the levers(heads) should have a cave in effect, while another spews lava and we could add some other effects so its like the traps you would find in a noble's room! i would need help applying buildings for body parts or the material but as far as the rest its definately possible

the cave in could be a dust emision. The lava maby it shoots fire? i dont think we can make an interaction make lava.
It could have body parts named drawbridge(big contact area) and spike (like upright spike) that it uses for normal attacks

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 04:32:03 am »

Applying materials for furniture bodyparts is possible. Like gabbro levers (head) and steel spear traps (arm/weapon thingy). You can't apply buildings for bodyparts, however. But you can make a new bodypart, name it as anything you want (ex. anvil), add a few tags, such as STANCE, etc. , and put it in your creature.

Hmm... DFHack can reshape the land, making the creature "move".  The creature would need to be killable, though, so... I guess we could have some sort of "noble" inside, running around and pulling levers but dodging (by vanishing temporarily) every disaster he causes?  Then the player would have to rush in between disasters and kill him before he reaches the next lever, or just shoot him with crossbows I guess.

Or, to go a bit weirder, each noble actually dies, the room settles down, and a new noble appears a little later.  Killing the nobles just slows it down - to stop it, you have to deconstruct it from inside.  Without a noble, it's mostly harmless - but things can still get shaken off by its movement, such as debris from previous cave-ins or dwarves trying to deconstruct parts of it.  Miners might be a bit more effective than deconstructors.

How does the thing move, though?  Legs, like a mech?

Noble dies creature calms down - not possible.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 04:43:32 am »

the cave in could be a dust emision. The lava maby it shoots fire? i dont think we can make an interaction make lava.
It could have body parts named drawbridge(big contact area) and spike (like upright spike) that it uses for normal attacks

Wasn't there a way to spawn items using interactions?  I think it went something like...

• Make own body part fall off
  • Animate the lost body part
  • Transform the lost body part into something that dies instantly and has an itemcorpse of magma[3000]
  • Regenerate the body part (maybe transform into cave-in, magma and repeating spikes forms in a cycle?)

That should spawn about three full tiles of magma each use.

Totally possible with a special DFHack script written just for this creature.  Just check if the noble is alive every X ticks, if not, kill the room.

Note that I said that in the context of making the creature an arrangement of shifting terrain chunks, with the noble as the only living component.  In that context, "kill the room" simply means "stop moving the room's pieces around".

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 05:25:56 am »

Wasn't there a way to spawn items using interactions?  I think it went something like...

• Make own body part fall off
  • Animate the lost body part
  • Transform the lost body part into something that dies instantly and has an itemcorpse of magma[3000]
  • Regenerate the body part (maybe transform into cave-in, magma and repeating spikes forms in a cycle?)

That should spawn about three full tiles of magma each use.

Totally possible with a special DFHack script written just for this creature.  Just check if the noble is alive every X ticks, if not, kill the room.

Note that I said that in the context of making the creature an arrangement of shifting terrain chunks, with the noble as the only living component.  In that context, "kill the room" simply means "stop moving the room's pieces around".

i just ment that as a backstory not that it would happen in game

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 05:34:11 pm »

i'm a modder and what is this

GrymVarg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 11:42:57 pm »

im pretty sure there is a way to get a magma interaction but if there isnt we can use fire or maybe molten iron or something so that it has similar properties to magma other than just fire.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 11:56:04 pm »

What we need to do is hook up a 3D graphics package and have it render a running dog in "pixels" made of natural, unmined hematite.  The dog runs several laps around the map, instantly killing anything it steps on, then walks up to the highest point on the map and starts munching on the mountain.  You kill it by mining out its feet.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 03:22:10 am by Brilliand »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2013, 02:38:32 am »

Thanks lol. i do know some about modding im not an expert but i do have decent exposure to creature raws.
Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase tell me this doesn't mean you've only skimmed a small portion of the raws for Masterwhore?
What is Masterwhore?? o_O
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 [2] 3