Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New Release - MDF V.3b - Kobolds, Stockpiling System, Dfhack scripts.  (Read 8542 times)

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
Re: New Release - MDF V.3b - Kobolds, Stockpiling System, Dfhack scripts.
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 04:56:32 pm »

I'm getting something strange in V.3b.  Has anyone successfully generated a Blessed Serra good biome world yet?  I'm using all default setting after the install and I keep getting something like this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've ran world gen probably twenty times now.  I average about 150 years I let it run so the dark fortresses don't take up all the good spots.  Was hoping to find a nice volcano next to a river which is almost impossible to do.

When I export image and check out the world I'm always getting something similar to this.
"       7152 Gnomes
   869 Orcs
   8 Automatons
   7860 Drows
   3455 Frost giant
   8211 Warlocks
   38 Dwarves
   14989 Humans
   12839 Elves
   1163 Goblins
   329 Kobolds"

It seems like somehow the mountains are generating as the good biomes and the mountain homes aren't being set up, while leaving the middle valley as savage.  The low automatons I'm used to.  Whenever I played Blessed Serra in any version there are either only 8 of them or 20,000 and have nearly wiped out the other civs.

SuicideRey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 04:36:24 am »

Even without it I am drowning in meat, and I only had a single Hunter for about a year before just turning him off. Then again my Pekyt population was getting a little out of hand, so that's probably me issue.

I do miss the extra source of bones though, I'm planning to outfit a significant portion of my fortress in Lamellar so I have a huge stack of tough leather just waiting...
It's not really because I don't have enough meat, it's just the feeling I get when I can't turn the gobo's into a stack of sausages. :D

kamikazi1231:
I always get that as well, not just in 3b but versions before that, generating it a hundred more times usually helps. xD

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 05:24:02 am »

Blessed Serra gens with one big, good biome. Its either mountains or plains, its random. if it selects mountains, it starts again. I usually have a 50/50 chance, dont know why it took so long for you.

I have not idea why automatons either win or lose so hard. I hope to fix this somehow by tweaking their ethics.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

kamikazi1231

• Bay Watcher
  • Meddler of Raws
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2013, 07:40:16 pm »

Ah okay thank you.  I'll stick with my scorching world for now and try again later.  I must have just been unlucky.

I think a while back when you introduced automatons we discussed that they tend to die out as well.  I think we talked about it being the frost giants and automatons have nearly opposite ethics, but frost giants are just so much more powerful one on one.  But once in a while a gen gets the 8 automatons only like they never figured out how to replicate themselves.  I'm honestly not sure what is possible with modding but have you considered introducing "factions" to the automatons?  A second or third identical automaton race spawning at world gen might give one of them a better shot at surviving the first conflicts.  I don't know if this would end up with too many automatons though.

When I get a chance I'll play around with the fortress defense races.  See if there is something there that when active lets automatons thrive.  Something that would cause conflict with the God like frost giants early on.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 08:12:00 am »

I might do a tiny hotfix/bugfix update in a couple of days, parallel to a beta-release of both magic system and tileset.

I am in Kupang, Timor, have to wait for the Timor-Leste visa, takes till monday, so a lot of free time. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 06:58:38 am »

Managed to finish my tileset and do a little bit of bugfixing. Next update will have those, but not much more.

silentdeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Mastwork Mod Season 1
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2013, 09:42:39 pm »

Having a few problems with v.3b:
Children will join guilds, even ignoring what the workshop profile settings are.

It looks like someone can try to join a guild more than once. I locked a squad in a room with a stock pile of gold coins and the military garrison and put a join guild job on repeat. One guy kept doing it over and over, until he used all of the coins. Intended?

Cannot use dyes, (specifically plump helmet, conchineal ) to make ink, even if said dyes are not stored in a barrel and are in the same burrow.

Turning on More Plant Types seem to break some of the farming options. i.e. no option to plant "trees" or steeloak outside, only ironoak.

Request:
Using guilds and libraries is a very big pain, something to make it easier. For instance requiring some level of skill would allow us to set the min and max skill levels at the very least.

Also I suggest making the initial 7 dwarfs guild members, at least the miners. It is far too easy to lose half of your initial dwarf if you hit coal or warpstone and don't notice. Perhaps a cancel dig option for non-guilded miners, such as happens for warm stone.

Anther alternative, make the first n guild initiate free for a few specific guilds i.e. masons and guards.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 09:49:07 pm by silentdeth »
Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2
Let's Play Kobold Fortress: Masterwork Mod Season 1 | Season 2

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2013, 02:30:09 am »

silentdeth, most of these things cant be done, like the first 7 being guild members... if you lose dwarves to warpstone, pay more care while mining, you have a chance to stop the miner if you look at your announcements closely, OR play without harder mining.

Request:
Using guilds and libraries is a very big pain, something to make it easier. For instance requiring some level of skill would allow us to set the min and max skill levels at the very least.
This can already be done in vanilla df, workshop profiles are your friend. :)

I cant restrict a guild reaction to only accept non-guild members. I can only make it so that the product doesnt transform him from GuildA to GuildA. But I cant say: This dwarf cant run the reaction. But again, Workshop Profiles are your friend.

I will have a look at the dyes.

Turning more plant types on doesnt break it, it was probably just a different biome you embarked on, that did not support these seed/tree types.
Pages: 1 2 [3]