Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blood Pike?  (Read 1843 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Blood Pike?
« on: June 14, 2013, 09:13:23 am »

During a siege i looted a weapon named: Blood Pike. Not bloodsteel. When i looked at description, it said: This is a blood pike. It has 6 Weight and 340 Value.

I dont think a pike made out of blood is really useful?

Is there an ingame way to make screenshots?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 09:18:22 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blood Pike?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:19:53 am »

Did you get it off an Elf?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:21:11 am »

Did you get it off an Elf?
Not sure, it said A vile force of darkness has arrived. And i just sent my militia to kill them.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 09:24:45 am »

Its an ok mat, if I remember correctly between iron and steel.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:37:27 am »

Its an ok mat, if I remember correctly between iron and steel.
But... Its liquid?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 11:14:44 am »

Isn't that bloodmetal of Armok?  I thought you could only get that from a sacrifice at the temple.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 11:26:03 am »

There is a material called "blood" that was used in an old system to make a certain kind of enchanted arrows "blood arrows".  Not literally blood, but it would invoke a bloodcurse sydrome.  It's designed to melt at body temperature and impart a syndrome.  This is from before itemsyndrome etc. was useable for arrows. 

I think there are no reactions for it any more, but the material is still in the raws.  I doubt invaders are really supposed to be bringing it, but it is tagged [WOOD] so if you are playing one of the versions where Elves don't have mithril, I could imagine them grabbing it.  But it's a pike, so i dunno why elves would have it either.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:45:29 am by smakemupagus »

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 01:30:19 pm »

There is a material called "blood" that was used in an old system to make a certain kind of enchanted arrows "blood arrows".  Not literally blood, but it would invoke a bloodcurse sydrome.  It's designed to melt at body temperature and impart a syndrome.  This is from before itemsyndrome etc. was useable for arrows. 

I think there are no reactions for it any more, but the material is still in the raws.  I doubt invaders are really supposed to be bringing it, but it is tagged [WOOD] so if you are playing one of the versions where Elves don't have mithril, I could imagine them grabbing it.  But it's a pike, so i dunno why elves would have it either.
Im playing on the latest ver on the moment this was written (A tiny bit before new ver release)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:44:22 pm »

Yeah, elves had no materials, so they took ANY material. Now they have mithril again. :)

My post still stands, blood is a relatively good weapon-grade metal.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 09:38:31 am »

Yeah, elves had no materials, so they took ANY material. Now they have mithril again. :)

My post still stands, blood is a relatively good weapon-grade metal.

Wont it melt at body temperature?