Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread  (Read 9699 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread
« on: June 14, 2013, 10:32:14 am »

OOC THREAD

A new age is dawning.

It does not dawn in fire, or violence, or uprising.

In fact, save for a handful of people, the world does not know the dawning of this age at all. To the majority of people, the sun rises, and sets, the moon travels across the sky, the stars shine, just as they used to. The cities are safe havens against the wilds, and the darkness of the universe is held back.

But much has been forgotten in the name of progress. Sorcery is all but lost, what few remnants remain relegated to the realm of superstition and legend. The heroes who had been exalted above all others were forgotten as well, their great deeds only rarely remembered, even in myth.

This is the world as it is, teeming with humans, with souls, each a beacon, each a wellspring of power untapped. Creation, for the moment at least, is a safe, peaceful place to be.

But there are those who would change that. Creatures, beings of power beyond belief, who wish for nothing else but the destruction of all that exists. Once, they were defeated, cast down into the blackest pits of the abyss. Again, they rose up, but again the world fought back, divided at first… but in the end, the threat that they posed was enough. The world unified, for a time, enemy standing with enemy, fighting beside each other for the sake of their world.

And they won. Once more, the foe was cast down into oblivion, crippled; their power disrupted, their forms, such as they were, shattered and broken. It would take millennia for them to regain the power they once held.

But time passes, marching ever forward.

In time, the world changed.

Now, there are no more heroes.

No more children of sun or moon are chosen,

And those of the Stars have long since left Creation.

But still the Foe wakens.

They fight to free themselves once more of their torment, to destroy creation, and with it, themselves.

They expect to fight their old foes once more, but they are gone.

The world needs new protectors, and so have the Gods made new beings, to do what must be done, and safeguard the world. They created the Tsukaima.

The first defenders worked in the open, as powerful, godlike beings of supreme power. So would these champions work in the shadows, choosing those mortals who have the spark within them and granting them power to fight what must be fought to hold back the darkness of nothingness.

Across the world, countless stories are beginning, and ending. A war is being fought, a war for the shadows, the dark places of the world, where few dare to look, and where fewer can survive.

This is just one of those stories.

One of many… but one story among thousands can make all the difference in the world.

All of you are students at Seifuku Sa Renai Taiyō High School. The school year is currently mostly over, and strange things have begun to happen recently. This is where your story begins.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:51:33 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:32:35 am »

==THE GAME==
This is a game of magical girls, of their trials and tribulations, of their fight against the Youma, of their lives, and their deaths, and all the myriad tragedies in between.
The theme of this game is quite simple: Fight the good fight. Save your family, your city, your world.
Or die trying.
Probably the second one.

==THE GIRLS==
~ACTIVE~
GreatWyrmGold as
Spoiler: Gretchen! (click to show/hide)
Scapheap as
Spoiler: Clair Fortune! (click to show/hide)
And Harry Baldman as

~PROSPECTIVE~
Gamerboy as
Spoiler: Alyna Hurst! (click to show/hide)
kj as
Spoiler: Alice Johnson! (click to show/hide)

==RELATIONSHIPS==
Clair ==> Clair's Parents (Richard and Barbara Fortune), Heart, 3 pt.
Gretchen ==> Diane Gounaris, Heart, 3pt.
Lyuda ==> Alla Vladimirovna Kovalyova, Fury, 3pt.
Gretchen <==> Clair, Fury, 2pt. (Rivalry)
Lyuda ==> Arseny Ivanovich Kovalyov, Heart, 1pt.
Gretchen ==> Gretchen's Clique, Heart, 1pt.
Clair ==> Astronomy Club, Magic, 2pt.
Lyuda ==> Marina Arsenyeva Kovalyova, Fury, 2pt.
Lyuda ==> Mikhail Mikhailovich Lobov, Heart, 1pt.
Gretchen ==> Jane Gardener, Heart, 1pt.

==HUMAN CHARACTERS==
Clair's parents, Richard and Barbara Fortune. She has known them her whole life and they are probably the strongest chain to sanity for her once this gets going.
Diane Gounaris, Gretchen's best friend. Diane and Gretchen have known each other and been friends as long as they can remember, and have developed a strong bond over the years.
Alla Vladimirovna Kovalyova, Lyuda's mother. Their relationship is largely defined by relentless mutual mocking and the sharing of snark. Lyuda enjoys pointing out that Alla is largely a trophy wife with very few other good points beside her looks, and a bit of a failure as a mother. Alla in turn likes to remind Lyuda that whatever genes she's got for that sort of thing, Lyuda probably inherited them. Their abrasive relations, though seemingly mean-spirited, rarely take on the character of actual insults, usually keeping themselves to good-natured, humorous ribbing.
Arseny Ivanovich Kovalyov, Lyuda's father. Despite the fact that he is scarcely ever at home, Lyuda likes to think of her father as a respectable figure, a self-made man, somebody to look up to in life, and quite the opposite of her mother. They hardly ever speak, but the girl lives in reverence of the man, in no small part due to her siblings' tales of times well spent and adventures had back in Russia. Lyuda often regrets that the fellow is home as rarely as he is - lately he's been spending up to sixteen hours a day working.
The Astronomy Club. They meet every Friday night on the school roof and well, watch the night skies. It a small club with only 10 members including Clair. Notable members are the president of the club, Chris Rey and the first person who tried to bully Clair and ate floor, Amy Williams(They(Amy and Clair) get along fine now).
Lyuda's second-eldest sister, Marina Arsenyeva Kovalyova. Marina, 27 years old and the second eldest child of the family, is a self-proclaimed artist/poet/art critic. What this means is that she's done very little with her life in these last ten or so years, mostly busying herself with the high life, partying a whole lot and supposedly working on her poetry. What she's also been working at for the last ten or so years is getting a job, and neither her mother nor Lyuda have let her hear the end of it. On one hand, Lyuda views her sister as a largely useless layabout. On the other hand, she also rather appreciates bantering with her sister, as the alternative would be to stay at home with only her mother to keep her company.
Mikhail Mikhailovich Lobov, a buddy of Ludya's from back home that she still communicates with through e-mail. He's pretty much the only person she communicates with at this point that is not one of her family members or the serving staff, and they have a good rapport between them, though the letters they write each other are few and far between due to each of them preferring to wait until there's actual news to communicate. He represents a bit of back home to Lyuda, and though she could certainly live without these communiques, she nonetheless appreciates them. And Misha himself is certainly a pleasant enough fellow with an optimistic view on life, so it serves as a nice contrast to her family life most of the time.
Jane Gardener, Gretchen's younger sister. While (as is the way of the world) the younger sibling annoys the older, the two are pretty close, and each appreciates the other more than they're likely to admit...perhaps in part because Gretchen remembers how Daniel was to her.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 06:44:40 pm by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:33:12 am »

EPISODE THE FIRST: BEGINNINGS

Welcome to the game.

Before we get started, we need to build everyone's relationships to each other and the world at large. For this, we're going to forego the usual diagram-type relationship web due toe the format, and instead go with traditional 'writan shit down' type record-keeping.

So, let's cut to the chase:

You get seven Relationship Points.

These relationships can be either from yourself to a new human character, yourself to one of the other magical girls, or if you want, from yourself to a human character created by one of the other players.

These will be recorded in the second post.

The reason I'm doing this now is... mostly because I forgot that ReWrite changed that part of character creation. Still, working together on this is important since you might want to have multiple of you with the same support/relationship/social link.

BEGIN!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 11:40:30 am by ragnarok97071 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 12:19:51 pm »

Clair's parents, 3 points in heart, since she love them. She know them her whole life and they are probable the strongest chain to sanity for her once this get going.

Their names are Richard and Barbara Fortune.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:24:26 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 12:28:16 pm »

Diane Gounaris, Gretchen's best friend, as a 3-point Heart Relationship. Diane and Gretchen have known each other and been friends as long as they can remember, and have developed a strong bond over the years.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 12:43:05 pm »

Alla Vladimirovna Kovalyova, Lyuda's mother, has a 3 point relationship with her, Fury type. Their relationship is largely defined by relentless mutual mocking and the sharing of snark. Lyuda enjoys pointing out that Alla is largely a trophy wife with very few other good points beside her looks, and a bit of a failure as a mother. Alla in turn likes to remind Lyuda that whatever genes she's got for that sort of thing, Lyuda probably inherited them. Their abrasive relations, though seemingly mean-spirited, rarely take on the character of actual insults, usually keeping themselves to good-natured, humorous ribbing.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 05:14:30 pm »

Alright, now that Scap has his connection completed, the first round is COMPLETE

You may now form your second Relationships. Might I suggest each other?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 05:25:41 pm »

Indeed.

2 points in Fury with Clair, another long-time acquaintance who has a bit of a rivalry with Gretchen.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 05:28:30 pm »

Arseny Ivanovich Kovalyov, Lyuda's father, has a 1 point relationship with her, Heart type. Despite the fact that he is scarcely ever at home, Lyuda likes to think of her father as a respectable figure, a self-made man, somebody to look up to in life, and quite the opposite of her mother. They hardly ever speak, but the girl lives in reverence of the man, in no small part due to her siblings' tales of times well spent and adventures had back in Russia. Lyuda often regrets that the fellow is home as rarely as he is - lately he's been spending up to sixteen hours a day working.

Since Lyuda hasn't been to school yet and doesn't know anyone in the area, no acquaintances from that end yet.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 06:01:20 pm »

Indeed.

2 points in Fury with Clair, another long-time acquaintance who has a bit of a rivalry with Gretchen.
(Bloody wireless internet)
Clair has a Fury Relationship with Gretchen of 2 points. Gretchen is close to Clair in the class ranking making Clair feel threaten by it. It also doesn't help that the slight of her(Gretchen) set her heart aflutter. She recognize that this tend to be classify as love, but she refuse to acknowledge it. This mean that she tend to verbally lash out at Gretchen.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 07:06:30 pm »

you may all assign your third relationship now. that is all.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 07:31:32 pm »

Gretchen has a 1-point Heart relationship with her assorted friends at school. Her partners-in-mischief have supported her over the years, as she has helped support many of them.

(I noted that the rules allow Relationships with groups. Is this acceptable?)
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2013, 03:42:58 am »

Marina Arsenyeva Kovalyova, Lyuda's sister, has a 2-point Fury relationship with Lyuda. Marina, 27 years old and the second eldest child of the family, is a self-proclaimed artist/poet/art critic. What this means is that she's done very little with her life in these last ten or so years, mostly busying herself with the high life, partying a whole lot and supposedly working on her poetry. What she's also been working at for the last ten or so years is getting a job, and neither her mother nor Lyuda have let her hear the end of it. On one hand, Lyuda views her sister as a largely useless layabout. On the other hand, she also rather appreciates bantering with her sister, as the alternative would be to stay at home with only her mother to keep her company.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2013, 04:58:44 am »

Clair has a 2-point heart(or can I swing for magic since ah, peace, quiet and the stars.) relationship with the Astronomy club. They meet every Friday night on the school roof and well, watch the night skies. It a small club with only 10 members including Clair. Notable members are the president of the club, Chris Rey and the first person who tried to bully Clair and ate floor, Amy Williams(They(Amy and Clair) get along fine now).

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2013, 06:43:18 am »

Alright! Almost done, everybody!

Wyrm and Baldman, assign your last point, and I'll post up the start-of-RP post.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:12:26 am by ragnarok97071 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14