Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread  (Read 9716 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Magical Burst: A New Era - Game Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 07:10:27 am »

Lyuda has a 1-point Heart relationship with Mikhail Mikhailovich Lobov, a buddy of hers from back home that she still communicates with through e-mail. He's pretty much the only person she communicates with at this point that is not one of her family members or the serving staff, and they have a good rapport between them, though the letters they write each other are few and far between due to each of them preferring to wait until there's actual news to communicate. He represents a bit of back home to Lyuda, and though she could certainly live without these communiques, she nonetheless appreciates them. And Misha himself is certainly a pleasant enough fellow with an optimistic view on life, so it serves as a nice contrast to her family life most of the time.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 04:26:28 pm »

A 1-point Heart relationship with Jane Gardener, Gretchen's younger sister. While (as is the way of the world) the younger sibling annoys the older, the two are pretty close, and each appreciates the other more than they're likely to admit...perhaps in part because Gretchen remembers how Daniel was to her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 06:46:14 pm »

Relationships finalized.

and thus does our story begin...

To be perfectly honest, you probably shouldn’t have stayed at school after it closed, despite your worries.
No, seriously. That was probably the worst mistake that you’ve ever made.

See, for a long time, there have been rumors floating around your school that maybe, just maybe, there’s a ghost that lives there. Supposedly, some people have seen it from the corner of their vision, though they’ve never been able to identify it clearly.

What they do know, from what a few of them have been able to notice from these fleeting glimpses, is that it seems human, though as with most ghosts, its form seems rather undefined compared to a normal person’s… strangest of all, though, are the times where these rumors tend to crop up, there’s usually some sort of large, expansive graffiti found on school grounds. Perhaps a mural that wasn’t there before, a fresh painting on the foyer’s floor, and so on.

But something else happened recently. People started disappearing. To be honest, no one knows why it started happening… or even that it started happening in the first place. One day, a student just… stopped coming to school. Then another, and another.

And no one even remembered they were there in the first place.

No one, that is, except for you.

You suspected that this ghost had something to do with it, whatever it was.

So you decided to find it.

And here you are, at school after dark, each separated, each alone as a horrific howl echoes through the building, shaking the building for a moment before ceasing, a feeling like an electric charge passing through your body as you notice that the sky outside was… different, now, stained a sickly, caustic green.

You have a feeling that this wasn’t the best of ideas.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 07:15:37 pm »

"...Oh dear. First, the obvious test:"

Pinch myself.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 07:17:45 pm »

"...Oh dear. First, the obvious test:"

Pinch myself.

... Do I really need to tell you how this one goes?

Fine. :p You can resolve this sort of thing yourself, you know.

Gretchen feels a sharp pain in her arm as she pinches it, just as one would expect.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 07:20:55 pm »

((Yes. You never know...))

"Darn. It's probably real...I wish I wasn't alone. This feels like a horror movie...and not a good one."

Look around the room. Which am I in? Is it the same one as before?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 07:26:44 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 07:49:15 pm »

Gretchen remembers that she was searching the [roll (1-11) 11] Teacher's Lounge before the strange event had occurred, and beyond this, begins to search it for any clues as to what is going on.

[ROLL: 2d6+7=10 (PASS)]

Examining the walls, she notices that instead of the normal material that they would be made out of (stone), the walls had somehow been transmuted into something that looks like paint, even their details becoming slightly smudged as if they had been painted on rather than actually built.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 07:53:06 pm »

"...I am coming up with some theories with what's going on, and they all put me in medical and/or legal trouble."

See if I can find anything...weapon-like.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 07:56:11 pm »

See if I can find anything...weapon-like.

[ROLL: Finesse 2d6+7, Succ=12 (Seriously, you're in the teacher's lounge. What the heck are you going to be using as a weapon there?)=13 (Success)]

Gretchen fails to find anything especially weapon-like, though she does loot a chair to possibly hit things with... unwieldy, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 08:00:46 pm »

"This works..."

Take the chair with me and...open the door.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 08:06:17 pm »

Outside the room she'd been in, Gretchen finds that the hallways still had the same layout, though their walls, their floors, and the like all had that odd, paint-like quality that the room she'd been in had exibited, as well as the recessed lighting on the cieling seeming to be rather... two-dimensional. As well, the hallway seems to narrow to a tiny point soon ahead of her, though if she chose to walk down it she'd find that as she walks, the hall in front of her opens up while that behind her recedes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 08:08:29 pm »

"Yup. Definitely a bad horror movie."

Try to maneuver my way to where the exit would be. (Also not something I particularly expect to work.)
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 08:14:44 pm »

(Okay, now you're running around and making noise... *sighs* Well then. Hope you don't die...)

[ROLL: FINESSE - 2d6+6 DIFF 15=14(FAIL) {You lucky bastard.}]

Gretchen manages to make it to the front door unmolested.

[ROLL: FINESSE - 2d6+7 DIFF 15=13(FAIL)]

They seem perfectly normal to her, other than seeming to be made out of paint.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 08:33:33 pm »

Attempt to open the front doors.
Sig

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 08:40:02 pm »

[ROLL: FINESSE 2d6+7, DIFF 14=16 SUCCESS]

As you approach the doors, a sudden feeling of unease tickles at the back of your mind. Still try to open the door?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14