Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The most horrible thing you've ever done in DF  (Read 21610 times)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The most horrible thing you've ever done in DF
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2013, 07:21:21 am »

I used to kill prisoners for a good long while. Until i realised that by doing so, i was _worse than the goblins_ - those actually make their prisoners members of their civs. I've since reformed and chain all my prisoners up in jail cells.

And then kill them?

Erm, i put them in jail cells _because i find killing them unacceptable_. It's a horrible thing i _have_ done, not one i still do.

Ringsea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2013, 10:59:51 am »

But... Gobbos are immortal. So if the fort falls, they'll just rot there forever. Or they'll be horribly bored forever.

Whackjob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2013, 12:46:04 pm »

I can't believe I didn't even get so much as a golf clap for the Minecart Oddity  :<
... might as well sell it to the freakin' elves.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2013, 12:48:08 pm »

But... Gobbos are immortal. So if the fort falls, they'll just rot there forever. Or they'll be horribly bored forever.
They get released.

On the topics of prisoners, all enemies are acceptable targets, even when imprisoned. So killing them is acceptable, yet torturing is not. So anything hostile - such as siegers, can be executed instead of released. Merchants and diplomats would not be acceptable. Oddly enough, since Forgotten Beasts are uninvited guests, and are not technically enemies [at least until they are declared so by the mountainhome or civ], were they to be captured killing them would be unacceptable.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2013, 03:29:07 pm »

Clear glass coffins.

matskuman5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2013, 05:33:01 pm »

I often capture goblin thieves and I like to have a little fun with them.
First I let a hammerdwarf bash some bones into bits and pieces, but not kill the prisoner.

Then I temporarily lock them in a room filled with statues of goblins dying. Then I throw them into "The Pit Of No Hope".

It's a big, dark room filled with bones where I pit them in. The walls are painted red with blood and green with vomit.
I also dump all my refuse down the pit, creating lots of miasma. When they are almost starved,
I release a trained dragon to the room and let it burn them alive. Then I retrieve their corpses,
make totems out of them (I modded the raws so that dwarves can do this)
and place them near my entrance, to raise fear inside any possible invaders.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]