Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: You are a Lord II - OOC  (Read 27722 times)

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord II - OOC
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 07:56:01 am »

Why should it need a roll? It's only a rp action and they are trained for that sort of thing anyway, it's all part of hiding who they really are.

By that logic you need a roll to see if you could tell it was not Alexis's voice since it was muffled by a mask.

Oh and 5 people left the hall not 3.

While harmless enough that I have no reason to insist on a roll, I do agree that, if it were to matter, that'd be a roll for each side.

Also, no, three left, not five:

Lowering her mask into place as she left the room she quickly whispered instructions to 2 of her blades who both set off in silence to gather up additional swords.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 08:20:00 am »

I'm sure I mentioned it being 4 blades I'll check when I get home otherwise my mistake.

I will have to NPC proxy a bit, otherwise the blades are frozen when Alexis is away since not even the king can give direct commands to them.
Only the chief blade can.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 08:23:39 am »

I'm sure I mentioned it being 4 blades I'll check when I get home otherwise my mistake.

I will have to NPC proxy a bit, otherwise the blades are frozen when Alexis is away since not even the king can give direct commands to them.
Only the chief blade can.
That some rubbish blades in my opinion then :P. Besides, I will be doing some rolling where possible so you won't be always able to do it.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 08:26:50 am »

Yeah, mechanically this is minor enough not to require a roll and I'm happy to accept that Alexis has a body double.  One body double - if she gets killed, the other blades can't pull this off.  If Alexis' double needs to bluff in a situation where her pretending to be Alexis has a real effect, I or the king'll roll it.

The flip side is that the Blades don't get Alexis' spymastery bonus while she's not directly commanding them.

On Spymastery vs Espionage: As I've explained to Alexis' player via PM, this was a balance choice.  You can either be a capable spy, or command a cadre of spies, but not both.  That would be far too unbalanced.  Since Alexis identified most strongly as leader of her secret police band and a bodyguard, those are what her traits reflected.  Maybe she was once a very capable spy, but that talent has faded in lieu of acting as a nerve centre for espionage operations in Meridia.

Also, yeah: "permission" (read: I forgot to inform him) has been given to the king to roll for everything except kingdom finance and major battles.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 08:33:05 am »

Well we are hired security, not your subjects. So orders have to go through the chief, hence me putting a replacement in to take command.

It's security to prevent somebody they are contracted to from sending them to die, it also prevents rivals from sending away your security.

What effect does spy mastery have on the blades mechanic wise?
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 08:37:24 am »

Well we are hired security, not your subjects. So orders have to go through the chief, hence me putting a replacement in to take command.

It's security to prevent somebody they are contracted to from sending them to die, it also prevents rivals from sending away your security.

That is a very odd way of looking at royal bodyguard to say the least....

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 08:40:58 am »

Well I can work up a back story if you want, to make my character and the blades more clear.
Now it never would.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 09:03:50 am »

Assassination or espionage attempts made by blade spies gain your spymastery bonus, so long as you are able to command them effectively.  Being abroad as you are now, you can't, but you could command spies you recruit in your current position.

It's up to Alexandria how she does this, but I personally envisage King Pelagius as having used them as a sort of ruthless secret police force, keeping order in the realm through extensive skulduggery. :P

Robert:  Your primary talent is, not surprisingly, Architecture and Engineering.  You are also a capable Siege Engineer, though your knowledge is mostly theoretical as there haven't been serious wars involving Meridia in decades.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 09:05:23 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 09:06:05 am »

That works fine for me, for obvious reasons that means she is not one of your people since having your own people perform that role would have made him look bad, using outsiders allowing him to pass off the blaim.

Oh that's fine, it doesn't effect the blades bonus to combat, stealth or lieing/acting so no matter the blades themselves are still effective.
Now it never would.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2013, 09:20:00 am »

Darn, well the chancellor has to die.
Now it never would.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2013, 09:24:15 am »

Added Penters to the realm list.  As a potential "easily gained by a player" settlement, it's a little screwed over, mind.  ;P

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 09:28:02 am »

I can rather appreciate how my character told them apart. That Atsam.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 09:50:51 am »

I can rather appreciate how my character told them apart. That Atsam.

Well, he is in charge of providing the king with marriage options and potentially more. Honorary title of Royal Pimp shall be bestowed upon him soon.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 09:52:19 am »

Don't even think about it Ardas.... unless your going to pay.
Now it never would.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 10:04:48 am »

Don't even think about it Ardas.... unless your going to pay.

What a humourless people I have ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26