Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: You are a Lord II - OOC  (Read 27718 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lord II - OOC
« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2013, 03:07:32 pm »

What meeting? Also, a ton of stuff happened, I need to get hold of it all.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2013, 03:22:28 pm »

Alexis 2.0 asked you to attend a meeting at night, oh and she also asked if we have any mines, forges or tanneries near our borders that don't belong to us.
I have an idea to help us out a little bit.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:25:17 pm by Alexandria »
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2013, 03:23:28 pm »

(( That is not exactly what I had in mind,
Well, duh.

Faking a voice and attacking somebody is a little different.
Why? They can both fail or succeed, and if both matter they should both be rolled.

If it's being faked as part of an action sure I'd expect a roll, but for pure rp with no game impact it seems pointless.
If so, I agree.

That some rubbish blades in my opinion then :P.
Or a rubbish king for agreeing to that. That's a recipe for a coup right there...and she just sent her biggest rival away from court.
If I wasn't so certain Alexandra had no intentions of taking over the kingdom, I'd think she was trying to take over the kingdom.

On Spymastery vs Espionage: As I've explained to Alexis' player via PM, this was a balance choice.  You can either be a capable spy, or command a cadre of spies, but not both.  That would be far too unbalanced.
Unless it took both talents, of course. But they're really not that much alike anyways.

A king should never sleep without beautiful women around him.... in fact, maybe I should make this offer IC.
If I wasn't so sure you weren't interested in killing the king, I'd suspect this as a ploy to get close to the king while he's sleeping. And/or to get a royal heir as a descendant.

The Ogre Papacy is exactly what it sounds like - the power of the church is terrifying, for the priesthood are hulking monsters. The Ogres, who claim they are descended from the titans of myth, wander the land as both warriors and philosophers, seeking out the mighty to convert to the faith. It is rumoured the sacrifices offered up to the Church go directly for the Ogre leader to devour.

Or somesuch.
Sounds kinda like the medieval church, except that it's run by monsters and more cannibalistic.

Can I just point out that the head huntsmen and royal forester got lost.... in the forest.... twice.
Yeah, the king might need to get more lucky huntsmen and foresters soon...

CANON.
Which kind?

Alexis 2.0 asked you to attend a meeting at night, oh and she also asked if we have any mines, forges or tanneries near our borders that don't belong to us.
He already said no.
Just joking.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2013, 03:26:28 pm »

So, in other news there may be libraries in the making soon. So that's nice.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2013, 03:27:42 pm »

There's nothing above a good old book BBQ.

Though, why libraries. It's not exactly a priority, nor very usefull.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2013, 03:32:16 pm »

So, in other news there may be libraries in the making soon. So that's nice.
*applause*

There's nothing above a good old book BBQ.

Though, why libraries. It's not exactly a priority, nor very usefull.
*booing*
Libraries store knowledge, humanity's most valuable product. Also, magic exists.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2013, 03:34:58 pm »

Yes, but for whom? Probably, more than 90% of our populace can't read. Few of these have an actual need for libraries, most being merchants (limited need). The rich themselves already have their own private libraries, most likely.

A single central library should be more than sufficient. Because, well, this is an age in which the price of a single book can feed a person for year. Making copies of everything is going to be expensive.

I mean, the Kingdom counts exactly 3 towns* worth mentioning, one of which is plague stricken.

*In any case, I'd doubt that the number of towns with a mentionable population is larger than 10.

Edit: Also, is there a generic map or even a description of the size of the Kingdom.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:43:01 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2013, 03:36:03 pm »

@GWG: The medieval church was built more around their churches and established bishoprics, while these Ogre priests are mainly wandering preachers.

Though... now I'm seeing the great Ogre City of Bones, a vast necropolis made of the skeletal remains of ancient beings, jutting out from the land like bones from a rotting carcass. The people live in squalor, great slave pits and disease-ridden camps huddled around the temples of the Ogre chiefs. This is the 'civilization' of their monstrous race and the heart of their church.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2013, 03:40:12 pm »

GWG, I seriously hope you did not call me a rubbish king.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2013, 03:45:34 pm »

Because if you did.... well your gonna be alone with 10 blades for half a week or more.

The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2013, 03:48:33 pm »

Iituem, may I ask for a favor? If I could have the equipment "levels" for troops and their cost to upgrade our troops with them, it'd help me choose how I want to make the army. I don't need all of them - maybe just basic standard and the two above. I don't think I'll go further than that.

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2013, 03:51:36 pm »

@GWG: The medieval church was built more around their churches and established bishoprics, while these Ogre priests are mainly wandering preachers.

Though... now I'm seeing the great Ogre City of Bones, a vast necropolis made of the skeletal remains of ancient beings, jutting out from the land like bones from a rotting carcass. The people live in squalor, great slave pits and disease-ridden camps huddled around the temples of the Ogre chiefs. This is the 'civilization' of their monstrous race and the heart of their church.

Good, they will still rue the day they thought they were tax exempt.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2013, 03:53:10 pm »

Spoken like a true bureaucrat!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2013, 04:14:33 pm »

"The entirety of the Crown's income comes from the Royal Demesne and the Capital, as bishopries and your noble vassals are not taxed.
The old king really was laissez-faire.

GWG, I seriously hope you did not call me a rubbish king.
No, I was questioning her premise on the basis that you are not a rubbish king.

Because if you did.... well your gonna be alone with 10 blades for half a week or more.
I requested that the guard be downsized, the Blades follow you and not the king if what you claim is true (and hence if what I said would insult the king), and I'm a wizard. Somehow, I imagine I could shake off a few warriors without much trouble, and since they're more spies than rangers they'd probably stay shaken.
Sig

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2013, 04:22:23 pm »

Don't rely on magic for self-defense if you intend to survive, maybe as a final "I am taking you down with me!", but certainly not for self-defense. Take our word for it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26