Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about combat  (Read 1824 times)

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about combat
« on: June 13, 2013, 12:01:56 am »

Is it possible to choose a target? Because I often run into situations where my liberals all concentrate fire on some poorly armed hick, while ignoring the soldier with the M16.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: Question about combat
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 12:08:30 am »

No, but there has been an unholy amount of people asking for a way to target the people you want. I don't even know how the game chooses who to shoot, but it defiantly needs to be tweaked.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 01:12:56 am »

I don't even know how the game chooses who to shoot...

Mostly randomly, with a bias toward non-incapacitated enemies with weapons.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 11:15:56 am »

I think it would be better if it was biased towards "Fuckers most likely to fuck your shit up."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 12:01:59 pm »

I think it would be better if it was biased towards "Fuckers most likely to fuck your shit up."

Yeah, isn't there some stat in the weapons files concerning how "threatening" it is, or something?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

tyrannus007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »

It'd be nice if the targets were spread out equally. As it stands now, the squad seems to focus fire on one target, meaning they keep shooting him after he's dead. That's what it seems like, anyway. It's annoying because I'm at the Deagle Bar and Grill, and it seems like my liberals keep shooting unarmed priests and prostitutes when there's still heavily armed soldiers left standing.
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 06:41:51 pm »

It'd be nice if the targets were spread out equally. As it stands now, the squad seems to focus fire on one target, meaning they keep shooting him after he's dead. That's what it seems like, anyway. It's annoying because I'm at the Deagle Bar and Grill, and it seems like my liberals keep shooting unarmed priests and prostitutes when there's still heavily armed soldiers left standing.

ALL THE DAMN TIME.  My idiot squad looks at 5 soldiers and 1 conservative secretary, and they decide blasting the shit out of the secretary is the best way to go

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 03:59:34 pm »

Although there's already a bias against targeting low-threat enemies, the situations where you'd get a bad luck and have your squad seem to focus fire on the most pointless target are sufficiently frustrating that I've just gone ahead and made it so that your Liberals will always focus on "dangerous" enemies, with no chance of attacking low threat targets. Expect this change in LCS 4.08!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 04:07:46 pm »

Although there's already a bias against targeting low-threat enemies, the situations where you'd get a bad luck and have your squad seem to focus fire on the most pointless target are sufficiently frustrating that I've just gone ahead and made it so that your Liberals will always focus on "dangerous" enemies, with no chance of attacking low threat targets. Expect this change in LCS 4.08!
Angelic quire in the in the distance.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 11:18:04 pm »

*Choir. But I share this sentiment. All hail the glorious Fox!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 12:31:57 am »

*Choir. But I share this sentiment. All hail the glorious Fox!
That, children, is why you check Google when you're not sure spell check is giving you the right word. Ive been spacing out on spelling a lot lately.