Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Welcome to Shakecloistered.

Read our page, go ahead.
- 0 (0%)
Read the spinoff thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130203.0
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: Shakecloistered [Succession Fortress For Newbies]  (Read 35835 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Re: Shakecloistered [Succession Fortress For Newbies]
« Reply #120 on: July 02, 2013, 02:04:37 pm »

Scullywyr, please be able to play. Triple skip streak, guys.

I am able to play. I will start it tomorrow, though, as it is too late to start into a year's play
You are getting the skip if there isn't an update by tomorrow. Come on guys.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 02, 2013, 02:20:53 pm »

I'd be interested in joining too.  I'm pretty Newbie, but we'll see how it goes.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2013, 04:48:40 pm »

I *Should* be good to play. I've been sitting around most of the day with nothing to do.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

alphaBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2013, 05:33:51 am »

I *Should* be good to play. I've been sitting around most of the day with nothing to do.

Same with me.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2013, 03:12:33 pm »

Sorry! I didn't even see that it was my turn.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2013, 04:46:03 pm »

Oh my... I've... I've struck... Candy!

EDIT: Also, I'm probably going to have the update up today. Happy 4th of July, to all of you in America.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:47:46 pm by flameboy99 »

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2013, 06:49:33 pm »

Oh my... I've... I've struck... Candy!

EDIT: Also, I'm probably going to have the update up today. Happy 4th of July, to all of you in America.
YUS, CANDEH

P.S, which save are you on.?

*gobbles menacingly*

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2013, 12:22:28 am »

I went under the "spoiler" tab in the main post for winter of BlackOctoberFox's turn and downloaded it from the mediafire link. Why?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2013, 01:00:49 am »

((First report is up! Aside from the Candy, not a whole lot interesting happened. To those of you who don't know what the Candy is and don't want it spoiled, avert your gaze!))

Spring

I've just arrived at the fortress of Shakecloistered, where my king has sent me to live. More like die horrifically. Anyways, as I'm coming in, I notice that there is, in fact, quite a bit of blood splattered on the ground. One of the dwarves tells me it's from a hill titan. Rubbish, I say! Titans are just myths! They... They ARE, aren't they?
I looked around at what we had and I was appalled to see that we had no bookkeeper and no manager! This had to be filled AT ONCE! I've chosen a bowyer that had fairly little to do named 'Mosus Olengeb'. So far, this hasn't actually been that bad. Wait, the miners are doing WHAT? Well, evidently the miners are digging out a long, wide passage leading to nothing at all! I suppose I may as well let them get on with it, since there is not a whole lot that I need them to do right now, and they will begin to grow more experienced.

*Sigh* I've had some bad experience with nobles before, but mere minutes after I walk inside, they all start demanding that I give them better rooms! The mayor even has the beard to make DEMANDS this early!

You know, I thought the entrance actually looked quite nice. Then I looked behind the main gates. The land is turned to ash, only the occasional tree stands, and I think I see the charred remains of more than a few creatures.

Well, great. One of the kids just started foaming at the mouth, shrieking, and attacking dwarves. As much as I hate to do it, I think I may need to call in the militia.

It is done. The child is dead.

These owlmen are getting very annoying. I'm somewhat tempted to try and set up a squad of marksdwarves, if I could understand their rather suicidal tendency to run at the enemy rather than shoot.

GAH! Giant Gray Languors have invaded, and one made of with Kithaldumur! I've sent the military in full force to take them out! THOSE FILTHY MONKEYS WILL PAY!

Phew... They're all dead. In the mean while, I dug around the flooded caverns, and told the miners to start digging for the great Magma Sea. May Armok bless us with His Holy Fire!

The other two layers of cavern have been found, and in the third, a magma pool was present. I may begin plans soon for magma furnaces.

Ah, the Slate air has begun to descend. Spring is truly in its peak!

AHA! While walking through a layer of the caverns, one of the miners has found the magma sea proper! And he's not on fire, to boot!

Hmph! The goblins thought they could sneak in and steal from us! Of course, the war dogs took them down quickly.

Some miners have found some almost-melted rock. In the surrounding areas, we've begun strip mining, to see if we cannot find the legendary blue metal.

I have great news! We've found it! It's in the Great Magma sea, so it will be tricky to get it out, however.

Okay, I'm fairly certain that the Admantine is only partially within the GMS. I've begun mining on the side that is not submerged in magma. Soon, very soon, we shall have the single greatest metal.

We've begun extracting the admantine very, very carefully. Should a single miner dig even a Urist too far, then all four miners, their picks, and the admantine will be up in flames. The miners, the picks, they can be replaced. But the admantine? Damage the tiniest piece, and I will have your beard.

This is a sad day. A miner has been trapped by an unforeseen accident.
While mining, he accidentally uncovered a part of the magma from a lower part. This lead to it springing up. Luckily, it was only one. He is not dead, as the magma is flowing out of itself and then back in repeatedly. Plans have been enacted to try and save him, but the chances look grim.

We were able to rescue him! I've set up a Craftsdwarf workshop and I will soon have a forge ready for a peasant draftee-smith and the one dwarf skilled in strand extraction.

Unfortunately, BlackOctoberFox has been killed by an unknown dwarf. Our prayers are with him.

*Sigh* Migrants. More resource-leeching, complaining, idiotic dwarves. None of the look very useful. There is a pair of masons, a few fisherdwarves, and a Suturer.

Ah, felsite. It has to be one of my favorite months. It still has the crisp, clean aspect of Slate, and it's much warmer as well.

Hm. It would seem that a trader has come to trade with us, but we don't actually have a depot.

A couple of ghosts have risen from the grave. The aren't causing much trouble, but I would like to get them buried ASAP.

Oh great. I've started trying to make some admantine weapons, but guess what? The fortress has NO REFINED COAL! And then, when I went to refine some, I found that the fortress also has nothing to refine into coal! I've ordered the fortress to produce 30 units of coal to compensate.

Lovely. Just lovely. Apparently, I neglected to give orders to make the admantine thread into wafers. Honestly, if I hadn't seen it in action for myself, I'd declare that it's more trouble then it's worth!

Well, I've looked at the crimes that have gone on. Nothing had happened recently except for the mysterious murder of BlackOctoberFox, but I just decided to weave some wild tale about how a giant grasshopper came into the fort and killed him. The nobles ate it up and FINALLY left me alone about something.

And with that, spring has come to the close. Hematite has started.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2013, 09:03:31 am »

So much skipping...guys, finish your damn turns.

*gobbles menacingly*

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2013, 09:34:00 am »

It's kinda depressing watching what was once an awesome story succumb to skips. I'm free this week if your ok with me taking a re-turn. But I need to do it NOW.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2013, 12:59:44 pm »

Very sorry, I haven't had time to do it. Would you like me to upload my season?

dewboy

• Bay Watcher
  • I did it..... FOR !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2013, 01:07:19 pm »

sure.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2013, 05:04:43 pm »

Here it is! http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7820

Sorry for the delay, I spent most of it trying to get mediafire to work. Eventually I just stuck it on DFFD.

sevenredreturns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2013, 05:50:16 pm »

Would I be able to join by any chance?  I've some experience STARTING fortresses but admittedly none at anything further down.  I think my last fort fell to an alpaca skin so I at least learned something.  At the very least I can promise to try to not run things into the ground.  (Also yes, I know I have a regdate of today.  I registered to post here though I've been reading the forums for a while.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:08:35 pm by sevenredreturns »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20