Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Welcome to Shakecloistered.

Read our page, go ahead.
- 0 (0%)
Read the spinoff thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=130203.0
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20

Author Topic: Shakecloistered [Succession Fortress For Newbies]  (Read 35273 times)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
Re: Shakecloistered [Succession Fortress For Newbies]
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2013, 04:46:24 pm »

Updates are nice, you have to figure out how to use spoilers though, makes it easier to read.

Congrats on the dragon, if you go to butchers shop and tell them to butcher dead animal it should work unless you took too long and he rotted.

Your dwarf seems rather... unstable. Wonder if it is power going to his head or simply he is nutz on his own.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2013, 04:23:39 am »

(It's both really, It's that after years of not getting what he thought he deserved he gained a position of power resulting in him being able to get what he what he just went crazy.)
Overseer Journal 27th Felsite, 139: ARGGH! that useless idiot Exodius1 if throwing a tantrum He better not touch anything of mine or he'll pay dearly. He also insisting on being called Exodius the first, what a loser. Finally he's mandating an exporting ban on anvils. What is with him and anvils!
27th Felsite, 139: Since I don't enough furniture owned I have decide to take some from the former mayors rooms, why does he have any of the stuff, he's not worthy of it! He's also "utterly traumatised by a lesser's sleeping arrangements recently" I have better stuff than you because I am a genius, you're not, I am worthy, you're not. You're luckily you even get a room, It's only due to my great mercy that you even have a room.
10th Hematite, 139: Exodius1 has gone melancholic, his filth will soon be struck of the face of the earth. I like to think the reason he did this is out guilt for denying me the position of Baron and preventing me form achieving what I deserve. With Exodius1 soon to die, his reign of terror is over! ((Sorry about this, I didn't think this would happen, especially this quickly))
11th Hematite, 139: 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WHAT IS THIS! WHAT IS ALL THAT STONE DOING IN MY DINING ROOM AND TOMB. As I cannot tolerate something like that I have designated a stockpile of stone so the rooms can be cleared out.
14th Hematite, 139: Turned of military sparring, was giving me a headache ((Too low F.P.S.))
19th Hematite, 139: Huh, a  blaksmith went into a secretive mood.
25th Hematite, 139: I ordered the construction of a few more cage traps, I can't have anything coming in and harming me can I. I am also planning the construction of some weapon traps. Thanks to my genius this for will be safe and sound.
3rd Malachite, 139: WHAT THE F*** ANOTHER DWARF CALLED GESHUD TOOK AWAY MY POSITION OF MAYOR FROM ME!!!! THAT INSOLENT ARROGANT INFERIOR PATHETIC IDIOT TOOK MY POSITION AWAY! HE WILL PAY DEARLY FOR THIS!!! I now have a new worst enemy now! He will PAY!!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:23:46 am by blademan9999 »
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2013, 05:57:18 am »

Overseer journal 4th Malachite, 139: I have took back my rightful position as the mayor from that bastard.
19th Malachite, 139 I have decided what is punishment will be DEATH. BY. MAGMA!!!
I have ordered him to dig out a tile preventing magma from getting into a room I made just for this purpose!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
AHA HA HA HA! AHA HA HA HA! YES DIE! DIE FOR TAKING MY POSITION!
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2013, 05:57:49 am »

No worries, I kind of started having my revenge in 1.5^^ Come by and write something. Seriously, we need more input there.

Also at least you didn't take away my tomb, did you?

Also what a coincidence with those Blacksmiths, eh?

Octo will not be happy, he was the one who wanted to run this place into the ground.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:12:23 am by exodius1 »

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2013, 03:00:43 pm »

Overseer journal 28th Malachite, 139: Exodius1 has died of first, finally this fort will no longer be plauged by his incompetence.
11th Galena, 139: I have appointed a new book keeper and manager.
22nd Galena, 139: Ral Sakzulkodor made an adamantine animal trap worth 734400 dwarfbucks! I have it placed in my office, as I am most certainly the only one worthy of something like that.
21st Limstone, 139: Finished work on my giant engrz.
8th Sandstone, 139: I have planned a giant horizontal statue of my glorious face out of walls near the statue garden so the other dwarves can remember all that my genius has done for them, BUT THEY SEEM TO REFUSE TO COMPLETE IT! THEY KEEP GOING ON ABOUT A CREATURE OCCUPING THE SITE EVEN THOUGH THE ONLY CREATURE ON THE SITE ARE THE DWARVES TRYING TO CONSTRUCT IT! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2013, 03:13:34 pm »

Overseer journal 28th Malachite, 139: Exodius1 has died of first, finally this fort will no longer be plauged by his incompetence.
11th Galena, 139: I have appointed a new book keeper and manager.
22nd Galena, 139: Ral Sakzulkodor made an adamantine animal trap worth 734400 dwarfbucks! I have it placed in my office, as I am most certainly the only one worthy of something like that.
21st Limstone, 139: Finished work on my giant engrz.
8th Sandstone, 139: I have planned a giant horizontal statue of my glorious face out of walls near the statue garden so the other dwarves can remember all that my genius has done for them, BUT THEY SEEM TO REFUSE TO COMPLETE IT! THEY KEEP GOING ON ABOUT A CREATURE OCCUPING THE SITE EVEN THOUGH THE ONLY CREATURE ON THE SITE ARE THE DWARVES TRYING TO CONSTRUCT IT! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2013, 05:52:20 pm »

I wonder if your dwarf realizes that my dwarf was the one who pulled us out from a Tantrum Spiral(kind of). I wouldn't call that incompetence^^. And animal trap? Useless, Artifact animal traps are bugged so they cannot contain animals, just like artifact cages.

And Yeah it's a common bug, you have to remove construction order and place it again for it to go away.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 05:54:40 pm by exodius1 »

sevenredreturns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2013, 10:16:53 pm »

Is it sad that my strongest thought on this is " well THAT escalated quickly!"  XD It's so interesting seeing the ah.  Contrast in ruling styles.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2013, 03:27:20 am »

Is it sad that my strongest thought on this is " well THAT escalated quickly!"  XD It's so interesting seeing the ah.  Contrast in ruling styles.

Not really that sad, it's DF after all, things are supposed to escalate quickly adn disapointments are pretty much part of the game. Like on my last stream. "The Dead are walking!" WOOO. Wait, only two zombies? Owwww.T.T

I wonder if Blademan will pay off part of the debt?^^

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 01, 2013, 07:22:15 am »

I wonder if your dwarf realizes that my dwarf was the one who pulled us out from a Tantrum Spiral(kind of). I wouldn't call that incompetence^^. And animal trap? Useless, Artifact animal traps are bugged so they cannot contain animals, just like artifact cages.

And Yeah it's a common bug, you have to remove construction order and place it again for it to go away.
(I put it in there because of it's insane value, not to trap animals.)

Overseer journal 25th Sandstone, 139: Ustuth Sedilrigoth has been taken by a fey mood. I wonder what he'll make.
26th Sandstone, 139: I have found the fortress artefact throne. It was in the office of that greedy bastard Exodius1. I've ordered it to be put in my office.
27th Sandstone, 139: I have decided to try and put as many artifacts in my room as possible, as I am the only one worthy of them.
4th Timber, 139: I know have four artefacts in my rooms, one in each, I must say my rooms are working out quite well.
(Also, how much money have we paid off so far?) (Also I have a huge number of coins but how do I find them and move them to the depot?)
19th Timber, 139: A caravan has arrived!
20th Timber, 139: Ustuth Sedilrigoth has completed his artefact, unfortunately it's only a lousy flute.
1st Moonstone, 139: Bought some alcohol. Also bought some gold, platinum and some lovely electrum for statues to put in my rooms.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 07:59:02 am by blademan9999 »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 01, 2013, 08:31:13 am »

You have to search for it manually in the All tab, or just use the search option.

After my turn we had 46k left of coins (not value wise, quantity wise) no idea about Red's.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 01, 2013, 08:48:37 am »

Overseer journal 13th Moonstone, 139: I've started giving away coins to the King. I've traded 6,500 so far. It's only thanks to my genius that we are able to sort out this unfortunate situation that that idiot Exodius1 left us in!
14th Moonstone, 139: Finished my glorious horizontal statue of my face in the statue room. Dwarves will gaze upon it and remember my glory!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 01, 2013, 09:23:14 am »

Are you really gonna make me beg? If you have time PLEASE show up at 1.5. If not say that you will never show up so I can lock your dwarf permanently in a prison. Or make him a core part of my Project, whichever is more cruel.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2013, 06:33:32 am »

Overseer journal 11th Opal, 139: UNBELIEVABLE, AGAIN SOMEONE TAKES MY MAYOR POSITION! Stodir Ragigoth, YOU WILL PAY! I've also found out the reason why I temporarily losing my position as mayor of this fortress. It's because the other dwarves keep voting me out. I can't believe this, that they are so stupid that they fail to recognise my genius and vote in someone else, this calls for a collective punishment! Everyone is to lose their chests and cabinets, and they are to be put in the room of someone more severing like me! Why were they given them in the first place, dwarves like these are only merely worthy of basic rooms! Finally it's DEATH BY MAGMA for Stodir ragigoth!

28th Obsidian, 139: I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS! I'M LOSING MY POSITION AS OVERSEER! Something about "tradition" and "collecting to much wealth" and "suspicious deaths" how is this fortress to survive without my guidance. Under my guidance the fort fought of a dragon, made enough coins to pay off our debt, created great works of art, took incompetent fools away from positions of power and tripled our trap based defences. HOW CAN THEY POSSIBLY KICK OUT SOMEONE WITH MY GENIUS! AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I'll post soon. Just need the read through it, I'm been having problems with the internet in my new home and have been having to go to the cricket club to use the internet, my dad's having a I.T. guy come over tomorrow to sort out the problem)(EDIT: And the uploading service for media fire is down... will post as soon as possible)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:46:05 am by blademan9999 »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 02, 2013, 07:03:35 am »

No worries, i just needed that one little confirmation. Crafts Guild Master is now taken by Flameboy as well, i may or may not make another post just for you^^.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 20