Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Insane vampire queen  (Read 1943 times)

catapult_fodder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Insane vampire queen
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »

After some time, my latest fort managed to attract a king, and became a mountainhome.  I was a little shocked when the king arrived and turned out to be a Vampire Queen!  She drained several dwarves and had to be locked up for her own good.  After she had been confined to her royal chambers, an ambush led to a tantrum spiral, wiping out half the fortress (again).  At some point during the madness, the queen went insane, and is now running around her quarters babbling.

If I let her out, will she no longer drain blood?  It would be awesome to have an immortal insane vampire regent running around my fortress babbling incoherently about dwarves long dead.

Extreme Boyheat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Insane vampire queen
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 06:34:24 pm »

At least it wasn't a filthy elf.

Whackjob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 06:54:47 pm »

Hah!  Only Dwarf Fortress can be complex enough to snarl well laid plans in this sort of manner.  Awesome.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:03:54 pm »

I don't think she will drain blood anymore, but she should immortal and minus all the annoying demands.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »

Do an Elizabeth Bathory.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 07:56:19 pm »

Hang on, if she goes insane the usual cause of death is starvation. By definition Vampires cannot starve... So you literally get an insane vampire queen that doesn't do anything bad? That's great. If she doesn't make stupid mandates that's even better!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 07:58:50 pm »

let het out.  This is[/] dwarf fortress.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

catapult_fodder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 08:24:55 pm »

The dwarves unlocked the doors to the queen's quarters, and she now wanders naked around the meeting hall babbling.  She is no longer fit to be queen, however, and I seem to have lost the king designation on my nobles page.  The Baron inherited the royal chambers, and the mayor moved up into the Baron's former quarters. 

Is there any way to get another king?

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 09:24:21 pm »

Nope, if the monarch has no heir and is lost in some way (insanity counts, apparently), then they're gone for good. No more monarch.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 09:45:26 pm »

i think dfhack has a command that lets you create a new monarch

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 12:19:01 pm »

I remember people reporting that insane vampires do die of thirst and hunger. Weird stuff.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2013, 12:26:57 pm »

dfhack does have a lua script that makes the targeted creature your monarch

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2013, 12:22:49 am »

At least it wasn't a filthy elf.

Extreme Boy heat stares, frozen in horror as a Zombie Wyvern swoops towards them. Extreme Boyheat is never seen again. 
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)