Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what happened? Ironhand16 suddenly gets so popular?  (Read 3102 times)

Rinick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ironhand16
what happened? Ironhand16 suddenly gets so popular?
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:20:20 am »

I created Ironhand16 3 months ago. which is a 16x16 conversion of Ironhand Graphic Set, plus some Phoebus icons for those missing creatures in Ironhand.

I think only 500 hundred people use it in the first 3 months.
But suddenly a lot of people start to use it and it's downloaded like 400-500 times every day in the last 2 weeks (now it's downloaded 6,952 (7,447) times at DFFD)
Campared with latest version of Phoebus Graphic Set (windows version, downloaded 1,258 times in 3 weeks), the popularity of Ironhand16 is like a miracle. and yet I can't find any related post that's promoting it in the forum, and my original post hasn't get any new reply in the last 3 months either.

Any one has any idea how could that happen?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:27:08 am by Rinick »
Ironhand16:  16x16 version of Ironhand's Graphic Set + Phoebus creature graphics

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: what happened? Ironhand16 suddenly gets so popular?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 02:18:57 am »

Maybe it started to come up in google and other search engine due to indexing or something? I doubt singular persons can answer you such a question :). But this post is ought to make it more popular, heh.

P.S. I can see why more people would use 16x16 rather than 18x18: it fits better on more screen types and sizes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rinick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ironhand16
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 03:10:31 am »

Maybe it started to come up in google and other search engine due to indexing or something? I doubt singular persons can answer you such a question :). But this post is ought to make it more popular, heh.
Downloads:7,416 (7,911)
Views:1,069 (2,036)
It looks like those people get the direct link to the zip file, not to the web page.
That's not the way google works. 

It's more like another DF community. must be a very big community, does it exist?

Ironhand16:  16x16 version of Ironhand's Graphic Set + Phoebus creature graphics

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 05:42:19 am »

It's more like another DF community. must be a very big community, does it exist?

Yes, its run by the illuminati. Turns out they really like dwarf fortress.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...