Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 233

Author Topic: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail. The End of Gia.  (Read 583627 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail, making a Hex Map OF THE WORLD!
« Reply #2340 on: October 05, 2013, 09:15:36 pm »

Oh, so there is a hidden game within a game within a game?

And I can't see it right now, so hopefully the world hasn't exploded or anything.
Just standard fare when working under Mastahcheese.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: October 05, 2013, 09:16:48 pm »

Sing about snip

[4]Your musical antics serve to raise the spirits of the other knights, who are now rearming and freeing each other.
Headshot my "Pals"
[1] You have run out of arrows, and magic energy to summon more. The bow and arrows already summoned are disintegrating. Good thing there's just one witch left.
I SUPPOSE I SHOULD GO SEE THE KING THEN
Hoisting the steel witch over your shoulder, you start your march. It should take about an hour on foot.
[5] And your travel is uninterrupted.
"I'll let you know when I find out. Anyways, any chance you could take me to the capital or something?"
The dragon nods, and asks, "Shall we wait for the other knights, or were they lost in the battle?"

It takes less then a fraction of a second to hit the earth below
Gravity does not work that way!
It does when you are about as massive as the entire universe and yet inexplicably have no gravity well.
Slade isn't that dense, and there isn't that thick of a layer of it.

According to the DF Wiki, slade is about 200 grams per cubic centimeter. Assuming a layer about a millimeter thick across the 1.5-2 square meters (15,000-20,000 square centimeters) of skin humans have, the slade would be only 3-4 tons. This is, incidentally, much less than even a typical elephant. Typical human volume is estimated at 70-90 liters; thus, your new density would be something like 40-50 grams per cubic centimeter, close to twice the density of osmium or platinum but still nowhere near laws-of-physics-screwing.
I know about acceleration and air friction and how weighing more or being bigger doesn't make you fall faster. Don't worry. But slade is still indestructible magic rock from the center of the earth that wants to always be at the center. It has a... pseudo magnetic/gravetic attraction to itself, let's say.

what

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: October 05, 2013, 09:18:20 pm »

Debate over the physics of slade and gravity. Mostly gravity.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: October 05, 2013, 09:23:11 pm »

Just be thankful I'm not made of more slade than that, and therefore able to fall in negative time.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: October 05, 2013, 09:24:27 pm »

Shrug.
The dragon looks over it's shoulder quizzically.
"Are you alone or not? I cannot leave without everyone, you know that. So is there anyone else left?"
Exit RAGE MODE. Meet with the King.
The castle gates are quite imposing. But when the king doesn't have you out on missions, you live within the castle. [2] Your new appearence, however, is a cause for alarm in the citizenship. The guards by the gate are in a panic when you arive, [4] but calm down when they see your crest on your armor.

"I take it that's the witch, Sir Remuthra? And she hexed you... or something?" one of the guards inquires.
Appear on Remuthra's Shoulder magically. Meow.
[5] You startle the guards that he was talking to by materializing. On top of the witch. That is on his shoulder. One of the guards falls over.
Enter.
Look about.

There's nothing to "enter", you're already in the witch's hut!
It's a complete mess now. Scraps of wood, spilled jars and magical reagents, holes in the walls, a giant hole in the floor next to the empty cauldron, mangled cages and escaped animals roaming around. There's one metal witch pointing her metal claw at all you knights, laughing insanely, quite upset. She looks to be made of aluminum.
There are lots of your fellow knights around, too. When you were initially captured, the witch had removed your weapons from you, and they are all still scattered around, but most of the knights are reclaiming their lost weaponry now. [4] Yours is across the room, stacked neatly like it always is, and the sword is complaining loudly about not being part of the fighting that was taking place.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: October 05, 2013, 09:25:24 pm »

Just be thankful I'm not made of more slade than that, and therefore able to fall in negative time.
sig
The Cyan Menace

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: October 05, 2013, 09:25:59 pm »

What about what. what?

What?

Hmmm...

Allright.......

Bananas.

SING ABOUT BABAS
ALSO SING ABOUT BANANAS
ALTHOUGH THAT IS THE WRONG ORDER.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: October 05, 2013, 09:27:19 pm »

"SWORD! COME TO ME!"

Call sword/go to sword and begin indiscriminately chopping everything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: October 05, 2013, 09:31:33 pm »

There was a bit of an accident with the witches' brew. It's better than armor, though, and this is the only bit of witch left.
*bows*
Your new command, your majesty?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: October 05, 2013, 09:33:23 pm »

...What?

"I do not know if there are other living knights in the hut. The one on the ground is probably beyond your power to return to the king's castle...especially as he seems to be walking to it."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: October 05, 2013, 09:34:42 pm »

There was a bit of an accident with the witches' brew. It's better than armor, though, and this is the only bit of witch left.
*bows*
*psst* before the turn ends, you may want to reread the 'update' - you're talking to a guard.
The Cyan Menace

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: October 05, 2013, 09:38:20 pm »

*bows*
*psst* before the turn ends, you may want to reread the 'update' - you're talking to a guard.
Assumed I try to bow before the king.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: October 05, 2013, 09:52:23 pm »

Break the curse. It should be easy, now that the witch is dead.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: October 05, 2013, 09:54:05 pm »

FIFY. With nice glow effects!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: October 05, 2013, 09:58:10 pm »

What about what. what?

What?

Hmmm...

Allright.......

Bananas.

SING ABOUT BABAS
ALSO SING ABOUT BANANAS
ALTHOUGH THAT IS THE WRONG ORDER.

[5] You knew spending all that time in taverns learning from bards their art was time well spent. Your song drives the sole remaining witch to her knees, and the other knights give a cheer of celebration, their spirits magically buoyed further.
"SWORD! COME TO ME!"

Call sword/go to sword and begin indiscriminately chopping everything.

[3]"Forgetful oaf! Did you forget it was Sir Squidgen who's sword can fly to his hand? I can just neaten myself up."
You walk over and pick up your sword. [3] You swing it a few times to make sure it wasn't hexed or cursed, and it seems fine. There's mostly just your comrades left, and the one witch writhing on the floor, so there's not much to chop anyways.
*bows*
Assumed I try to bow before the king.
You explain your situation to the guard and ask him to bring you before the king.
[4] The guard brings you to the audience chamber the king has decided to use today (he has 42 of them for shits and giggles), and lets him know you're here.
[2] The knights had a pretty wild party with the king last night, though, before you went off to slay the witch, and the king is sleeping off a hangover in his chair. You let the witch off your shoulder, mastahcheese with her, and bow as the guard tries to wake the king.
[5] The king wakes up, takes everything in, and claps, grinning.

"Well done, Sir knight. I am pleased you have slain the witch. Rise so that I may know which of my brave knights brings me this good news. We will prepare a feast! Someone go find the other knights, let them know of the feast. Sir knight, your reward!"

The king claps again, and a servant walks out of the curtains around the chamber, carrying a large chest.

"I do not know if there are other living knights in the hut. The one on the ground is probably beyond your power to return to the king's castle...especially as he seems to be walking to it."
"Then it is best we check first."
The dragon flies right up to the hut's door and peeks in.
"Heh. Looks like they're still alright. Everyone, if you're finished in there, we'll be leaving soon, alright?"
He glances back at you, but shrugs his foreshoulders, and does a lazy spin around the hut.
[1] Hexes and curses are not linked to the caster. If they were, enchantments would be too, and much of the knights' magic equipment would not be magical. [3] However, your jabbering basic countercurses causes a bottle of whiteout to fall out of your knightly garments, spill open, and splash on your face, instantly breaking the curse. You'll have to live with a white face for a few hours, but that's just a side effect of the antimagic formula draining out your personal magic energy, too.
The Cyan Menace

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 233