Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 233

Author Topic: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail. The End of Gia.  (Read 584764 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail, making a Hex Map OF THE WORLD!
« Reply #3375 on: December 08, 2013, 04:05:48 am »

Establish settlement near unused lake.
Settle on south western peninsula. Build farms
Land with my armies and settlers composed of dragon and human populations at the mouth of the river to the northwest of the Remuthra-TavikTooth isle.
Stormcrows circle.
The first two groups of settlers manage to reach the island, Lukeinator even managing to plant crops in the fertile soil. Zanzetkuken's fleet is caught by the mighty storms which haunt the open seas. The last ships tear their keels out on rocks, spilling the remnants of his occupation force into a pounding sea and razor-like reef. What few make it to shore stagger along to Lukeinator's camp and beg to be allowed to join the settling party.

survey for minerals again
You are still on an alluvial floodplain. Nice soil, but you can forget about minerals. Your colonists do some trading, seeds for meat.

invent firearms. Build firearms. Also expand to continent.

You prospect for saltpeter deposits, since you had a bright idea. Your prospectors find a few, but one is in your neighbor's land. You send some of your crew out in your ship to the mainland, where they set up a camp.

Use river to establish trade route with poketwo. Sell sexy meats for sexy crops.
You take advantage of the great width of the river from your lake to sail your vessel downstream. You trade meat from hunters with the agricultural farmers. Also, some different-looking people trade meat for stone chunks and some shiny ore. As the weather turns cold, something roars across the sky and hits the end of the lake in an almighty burst of water.

Right, get trading started with poketwo and thus BFEL, etc. Get mining and expand farther along road, setting up farms as we go.
You extend further towards the mountain ridge, and start an open-pit into a crevice. You rig up some carts, and your traders are back at the end of the month with some salted meats and fish.

Cut down trees to build shelter for my people. Then build bows/arrows/spears for hunting/fishing
Your loggers fell trees all around, building larger accommodation, as well as a log palisade. Your attempts to build more hunting tools doesn't go as well. Your quartermaster warns you that water is beginning to run short.

Summon our Hatvian brehtren through the gate.
Your soothsayer reports that you have not gathered enough Enchant Fungus to carry out the ritual. Some of the less religious colonists do the work for the rest of the month, while everyone else scours the island for mushrooms.

Winds howl and oceans boil. Storms roar down from the north.

-It is now Winter-

((Question: are we rolling for any of this?))
Yes.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 08:35:36 am by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: December 08, 2013, 07:30:48 am »

>Spawn as either invading aliens or doom robots from the future. Blow random stuff up.
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: December 08, 2013, 08:03:11 am »

Mine saltpeter in territory. Also build more ships and aircraft.

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: December 08, 2013, 08:11:28 am »

Allow the Zanzetuckens in, but maje it so they are a part of our nation. Build mines.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: December 08, 2013, 08:13:48 am »

Summon our Hatvian brehtren through the gate.
Skip?

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: December 08, 2013, 09:15:27 am »

Build a well! Or make aqueducts from the freshwater rivers.

If they take too long, make buckets from more fallen trees and build a temporary cistern (a giant barrel in this case) for everyone to come by and have a drink
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: December 08, 2013, 09:20:20 am »

We now have the fungus! Summon our brethren!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: December 08, 2013, 09:38:21 am »

Settle on the other side of the river as a vassal nation to Lukinator.
Secondary fleet, land at the original destination, wage war against Tavik Tooth.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: December 08, 2013, 11:10:14 am »

start building a militia. also start trading for shiny ore and see witch metal it is.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: December 08, 2013, 01:00:41 pm »

>Spawn as either invading aliens or doom robots from the future. Blow random stuff up.
No.
Settle on the other side of the river as a vassal nation to Lukinator.
Secondary fleet, land at the original destination, wage war against Tavik Tooth.

You seem to have misunderstood the scale of survivors. There are like, 8, tops. Your secondary fleet fails to show up. Perhaps you shouldn't have trusted Jack "Honest Bob" Roberts as your second in command.
The winds they shall blow, for there will be snow

Mine saltpeter in territory. Also build more ships and aircraft.
You dig mines, extracting cartloads of the saltpeter, carefully stored. The colonists on the mainland fell trees for a new ship. Your ideas for "Like a boat but in the sky" and the subject of mealtime jokes.

Allow the Zanzetuckens in, but maje it so they are a part of our nation. Build mines.
The few survivors gratefully join, and you set them to digging mines. You're on alluvial floodplain, you heartless person.

Build a well! Or make aqueducts from the freshwater rivers.
If they take too long, make buckets from more fallen trees and build a temporary cistern (a giant barrel in this case) for everyone to come by and have a drink
You consider an aqueduct, but the island doesn't really have the right geography. You get your miners to work digging to the water table, and fill a small cistern via bucket-chaining.

We now have the fungus! Summon our brethren!
You spend a week preparing the ritual, and gather at the gate on the final day of preparation. A deer is sacrificed, and the Enchant Fungus turned into a drink. Hatvians, millions of them, pour through the gates, flooding the land with their presence, and the sky darkens.

Toth's scouts beat you up and take your stuff while you lie in a drugged stupor.

start building a militia. also start trading for shiny ore and see witch metal it is.
You start to train the less useful colonists, the dedicated seamen. They aren't really very good, though. The eastern colonists swap more dried meat for some shiny ores. You set up a crude smelter. You get shiny lumps of metal.

The wind is cold and wild, herlading storms and worse.

-Winter is deepening-
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: December 08, 2013, 01:15:19 pm »

This is the last offense! The Host will mob them and dapperness will rain from the sky! The island shall be ours!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: December 08, 2013, 01:15:36 pm »

invent airships. Form military. Then invade remuthra.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: December 08, 2013, 01:16:48 pm »

((whats our tech? Basic tribal?))

Create hunting tools (spears, bows, etc) and then hunt for pelts and food! We must survive the winter!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: December 08, 2013, 02:09:28 pm »

Expand along the entirety of the river I am on, building farms and fishing as we do.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: December 08, 2013, 02:24:49 pm »

Tertiary fleet, arrive at what was the second destination, eastern side of the river Lukeinator settled upon.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 233