Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 233

Author Topic: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail. The End of Gia.  (Read 569907 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail, making a Hex Map OF THE WORLD!
« Reply #3435 on: December 09, 2013, 06:23:08 pm »

((We're both naval and I'm making longships))
((Yes, you're making longships. Longships vs. Anything made in a proper Dock= Driftwood :P))
((Longships are epic! They can go back and forward and you cant tell which way theyre going! And its early medieval; you think you're going to get galleons by now?))
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: December 09, 2013, 07:02:22 pm »

Smelt ore. Increase mining capabilities.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: December 09, 2013, 07:43:57 pm »

Ok, guys, I'm getting to the point of skipping over pages, now.

Take it to the derail thread, and continue it there.

Or make a new thread, I don't care.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: December 09, 2013, 07:46:18 pm »

But derails are a part of this thread!

I suppose it's your thread, but it's not like the thread is really active without derails. So really, it would only go from skipping pages to the pages not existing.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: December 09, 2013, 07:50:27 pm »

Can't we just have it as a demo for Mastacheeses game? It seems to run in a similar way

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: December 09, 2013, 07:51:45 pm »

((Yes, you're making longships. Longships vs. Anything made in a proper Dock= Driftwood :P))
((Longships are epic! They can go back and forward and you cant tell which way theyre going! And its early medieval; you think you're going to get galleons by now?))
((I'm just saying that Longships are something everyone already presumably has, seeing how we all arrived by sea :P
Not to mention they aren't much of a threat to me personally, seeing as I have that nice river to use as a chokepoint to your silly Vikings))

I suppose it's your thread, but it's not like the thread is really active without derails. So really, it would only go from skipping pages to the pages not existing.
This.
Its kinda pointless to complain about derails when the trains are all undergoing maintenance anyway....
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: December 09, 2013, 07:54:56 pm »

((I'm just saying that Longships are something everyone already presumably has, seeing how we all arrived by sea :P
Not to mention they aren't much of a threat to me personally, seeing as I have that nice river to use as a chokepoint to your silly Vikings))

This.
Its kinda pointless to complain about derails when the trains are all undergoing maintenance anyway....
((Wouldn't it be like small ships? And longboats as in the dragon ships... And I can see ANYTHING that comes to me by water. Yeah, I gotta make an aqueduct eventually for irrigation and etc. But I got a nice place I can eventually fortify if I do it properly. Plus the signal pyre to warn us of the goblins that already arrived? Excellent!

And this entire thread is like 200 pages of derails

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: December 09, 2013, 08:04:58 pm »

Only fifty-five.

As for ports, the rivers could be navageable.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: December 09, 2013, 08:11:30 pm »

Only fifty-five.

As for ports, the rivers could be navageable.
Default page count disagrees with you.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: December 09, 2013, 08:31:27 pm »

Shit, I changed that?

Oh gods... Spearbreakers is still 300 pages with this setting...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: December 09, 2013, 11:28:44 pm »

>After waiting 10,000years of breeding an waiting. Emerge on to the world and bring an apocalypse of darkness, nope that's too boring, instead sell ice-cream to everyone.
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: December 10, 2013, 12:19:24 am »

Know what? I'm going to become a human race of Norsemen now on mastacheeses game. I'm going to be a race of larger humans that speak a different language and take extra resources to maintain cause they're so big.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: December 10, 2013, 11:09:22 am »

Nobody even considered making the journey to such a cursed ice-trap this season.
Fight! Fight!

(Is that Tavik's force I am seeing?  Nice detail, by the way.)

Attack the ship. and take over the river mouth and the surrounding area.
Construct a city on that mountain near the mouth of the river on the river's east bank.
Form peaceful diplomatic ties with Remuthra and BFEL.  Create Mutual Defensive Pacts if possible.

You steamroller the unprepared human crews, and beach most of your ships, establishing a perimeter and a foothold on the island. When retaliation fails to ensue, you begin work on moving things up to a site in the low mountains, where you will build your city. You re-purpose a longboat for carrying materials and provisions up, but it can only take your workers partway there. As you clear ground to ready building, a few weeks in, one of the scouts notices smoke rising over the brow of the nearby plateau. A few days later, a ship is sighted sailing past the mouth of the bay. You consider sending a warship to intercept it.

Takeover remuthra. Then construct shipyards. Also start research into better materials and gunpowder. Also expand further into mainland. Also build defences and train more military or militia at mainland colony
You watch the fleet land on the mainland from your base, unable to do anything as workers are slaughtered. I guess that puts off your plans to train them up, so you set to work training more soldiers and burying the dead. Three men die from hypothermia, the winter is cold and few preparations were made. Weeks in, you finally feel you've recovered enough to force your way into Remuthra's camp. You storm his crude wooden fence, but you are seen coming, and the last crew manage to sail out of bow-range before you can stop them. You head back to your campsite and begin making a place to build a new ship.

Build a mine and a basic forge. If we get any sort of sturdy metal, forge them into nails for better constructed buildings. Have a couple of guys hunt every now and then to maintain food supply (unless we're full on our granaries, then have them aid in the forge). Also: change city name to Midgaard, institute Norse as dominant religion
You don't have much in the way of exposed rock on your beach-side camp, but beat a path out to the lone hill nearby, and set up a mine. You have a sort of glittery silvery-blue ore, as well as some rock you think is malachite. You heat it in the forge and get a dirty-looking metal your smiths assume is copper. They make nails out of it anyway. You call your camp "Midgaard", and your crew think that's an awesome name. They are less impressed by your decision to mandate worship of the Norse Gods.

Build longhouses, continue to train the militia, and become trading hub.
You order the workers to build more roomy and better-constructed accommodation, which they do. The millitia is coming along nicely. They actually seem less calamitous now, and maybe ten seem somewhat competent. You get a warehouse built to store traded good in... but nobody is shipping stuff downriver to you, and for some reason nobody has made the days-long journey in an open cart to bring you more ores. It's snowing heavily, too.

Arrive in a Harvester craft and begin extracting the local resources.
Your Ngultor harvester craft detects lifeforms in the area. You head to investigate and (2) come in openly and carelessly. Something shoots you down. You crash on an island and remain, heavily injured, the last of your crew alive. ((OMG FIRST ROLL SHOWN. And last))

Allow the Zanzetuckens in, but make it so they are a part of our nation. Build mines.
You've let the starving, freezing would-be invaders into your colony. A mine is constructed into the side of a mountain. You haven't found any ores yet, but your miners are digging out very nice blocks of stone.

Clear land for spring farming, use resulting wood for smithing. Get some ore smelted.
You chop down more trees, burning their logs to feed the furnaces. Your ore makes what seems to be a silver-colored metal with blue shimmers and streaks. It's heavy and quite hard.

Fortify our shelters against the cold, possibly using the fabric from the crash thing. Annex the poor savages abandoned by Coolrune and integrate them into society. Attempt to send out a request for a metalsmith to the nations I have trade routes with (Poketwo and Asea.)
There wasn't much cloth in the crashed something-or-other, but you thaw out some and use it to stuff cracks. You take advantage of the fact that the lake has frozen to annex Coolrune's abandoned citizens, and bring them back to the more certain safety of your own camp. There weren't many anyway. You ask for metalsmiths, but the East Traders aren't coming and the farmers' smiths are just as inept as yours.

Smelt ore. Increase mining capabilities.
The iron smelts well, and you fashion crude anvils from rocks to shape them into bars. Not much of the shiny blue flakes was collected, but you smelt that into some small ingots. The yellow foul stuff gets under your workers nails and continues to stink. You dig the shaft deeper too, buttressing it with whole tree trunks.

>After waiting 10,000years of breeding an waiting. Emerge on to the world and bring an apocalypse of darkness, nope that's too boring, instead sell ice-cream to everyone.
The ghosts of your elephants spend 10,000 years somehow breeding. They emerge in a violent burst of evil and darkne- wait, no. They're trying to sell ice-cream to the dead Ngultor. Eventually they just leave the ice-cream with the corpses and take their wallets.

You attempt to dispel the Derailers and fail! The Derailers are not impressed, and announce that only an Offering of Purified Update will appease their vagrancies.

-Winter is easing.-
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:35 am »

Damnit, when will this get back on track?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: December 10, 2013, 11:31:57 am »

Turn Island intro fortress city/whatever. Increase population. Make firearms and other weapons. Train military more. Prepare plans for retaking mainland area. Also build more boats. And a galleon. Also make lots of farms.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:36:57 pm by Tavik Toth »
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 233