Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Creation of Mitheraria (Illustrated, deific world creation)  (Read 26791 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Creation of Mitheraria (Illustrated, deific world creation)
« Reply #105 on: June 21, 2013, 10:56:00 am »

(Bdd idea removal edit: One of these days the forum HAS to get a 'delete post' button.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 10:59:51 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #106 on: June 21, 2013, 11:25:25 am »

Name: Zalare
Appearance: A tall, male, humanoid figure with brown hair, a scar crossing his left eye, still functional, carriying a giantic sword on the back.
Personality: Loves adventure and emotion. He would rather be in the planet seeing everything as a (Insert future sentient creature) than has a god.
Agenda: To create a world full of intensity and adventures for those who search action.
Spheres: Adventure, Battle, Excitement, Quests.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:54:20 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2013, 11:46:05 am »

Name: Smitty Werben Jagerman Jensen
Spheres:Belligerence, Ignorance
Appearance: An emaciated child, wearing a Newsboy cap and tattered clothes.
Personality:Generally lives like a hillbilly, enraged whenever someone calls him a minor god.
Agenda:Be recognized as a major god.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 12:01:12 pm by Dansmithers »
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2013, 11:53:50 am »

Name: Smitty Werben Jagerman Jensen
Spheres:Belligerence, Ignorance
Appearance: An emaciated child, wearing a Newsboy cap and tattered clothes.
You re missing Personality and Agenda.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2013, 03:43:57 pm »

"HMPH! You maggots've got no power on your own 'cause you're worthless on your own. Would've thought that'd be obvious.

And if you want me to care about your vaunted opinions, gimme a reason to. 'My feelings are hurt and I want you to do things for me' ain't gonna cut it, Mortal."

"You're not much better. Now quiet while I work on moons. Then life.

"Oh, and I'd like to draw your attention to the last three words of your 'explanation'..."
"Pff, me be quiet? Yer the ones chattering like crickets 'cause you can't stand that we're better than you. An' I believe you mean 'we' work on moons and life, if yer fellows are of the same mind. Fancy yerself a leader already?"

"And if anyone cares...Auphanim has told be a bit of his 'plan'. Shall I share it, or shall he agree to be fair to us 'Minor' Gods?"
"Hmph. That conniving fool can sod off fer all I care. I'll deal with him the same time I deal with you lot- whenever you get in my way."

"We were chosen, and that fact is clear. 'From nothing, four gods sprang into existence. Bored of Void, they combined their powers to form a planet of rock. Bored of darkness, they created a star.' The highest power appointed us as demiurges of this universe, and it is by its decree that we must act. You came later, reptilian friend, so you do not know this. But ask the one known as 'Kyle'. He was also one of the first, yet not chosen. Such is reality, and its harmony we must uphold."
"You're weird, you know that?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2013, 03:51:28 pm »

"You know, I think I like Yon more than you. At least she respects others. Also I think I prefer the person who is conniving and doing interesting things to an ass like you."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2013, 03:54:13 pm »

"I prefer the powerful conniving jackass to the pathetic one too. Guess everything's relative, eh?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2013, 07:27:06 pm »

{5} - Auphanim forms a new corporation, The Caged One, and declares the HQ to be in the molten core. Auphanim creates the first sentient being! The Caged One is an immobile organic blob that rests at the center of the planet. It has great untapped potential, known only to Auphanim (+2 to the next action Derm takes to modify it).

{6}+1=7 - The minor gods modify the Maka trees' respiration cycle; they now convert chlorine gas into oxygen at a rapid rate. They further evolve to depend on the deadly substance to thrive (Expected: up to 40% of atmosphere converted from chlorine to oxygen per turn, If all land area is covered by Maka trees, scaling linearly based on surface coverage.)

{6}-2(Chlorine)=4 - Ar'kahal creates Gribbers, large (3-4 inches long at birth, eventually growing to become cattle-sized), herbivorous, millipede-like creatures that feed on Maka trees. Their coloration is usually a purple or blue so dark it's easily mistaken for black. They tend travel in groups. They are adapted to a chlorine-rich environment, because Ar'kahal hates them. They are placed on continent 3.

{5} - Yon teaches her creations, the Thoquas, to dig in search of mana crystals, and how to use them to mutate themselves.

{2}-1(chlorine) - Lord Argent tries making bluekelp, but he fails to do more than loose patches of genetic material into the seas.

{6}-3=3 - The Maka trees seeded on continent one use their newfound respiratory abilities to bloom. Growth is very slow without soil, as they weren't designed to act as air plants.
{3}-3=2(failsafe) - The Maka trees seeded on continent two continue their hibernation.
{5}+1 - The Maka trees on continent three expand rapidly, and now cover nearly half the continent. The soil is beginning to deplete without anything in the 'recycler' role.

{3} - A few of the Thoquas succeed in mutating non-fatally. They generally get bigger when they do, but a few changed colors.

{2}-1=1 - The Gribber population is in decline without any recyclers.

Spoiler: Planet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Astronomy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Botanistry (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bestiary (click to show/hide)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2013, 07:32:12 pm »

While creating a god killing thing sounded like a good idea I realized that it would kill us as well so...
I say us minor gods make fungus that recycles material into soil so as to avoid the collapse of the Maka population.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2013, 07:38:41 pm »

"From creation, gestation."

Form a series of leylines (A network of energy contained within crystal and stone) deep underneath the surface of the planet, only running beneath the continants and where major civilizations would arise. Maybe convert these mana crystal veins for the job. The beginnings and endings of the leylines all connect to The Caged One, to serve as a proto-circulatory system. One leyline will twist through the center of my mountain, and a very few lucky spots around the world will form tiny 'Leyline geysers'.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:57:48 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2013, 07:44:59 pm »

While creating a god killing thing sounded like a good idea I realized that it would kill us as well so...
I say us minor gods make fungus that recycles material into soil so as to avoid the collapse of the Maka population.
I guess that is better than dying horribly.
+1
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2013, 08:12:27 pm »

"Auphanim twists his new magic through the world, and focuses it upon a mountain dedicated to his own glory! A perfect example of his arrogance. Saving the Maka trees is only drawing our attention away from him. I believe that if these so called major gods care about life on the planet, they should do something about it themselves, instead of glorifying themselves."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I would rather the minor gods (us) break the mountain into 16 evenly sized sections, though make it no shorter (Half, half again, and again, and once more - like a giant pizza cut very thin).
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2013, 08:15:11 pm »

We can dick around with the mountain next turn.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2013, 08:25:36 pm »

((How do you know what I'm about to do when I haven't even done it yet?))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2013, 08:36:06 pm »

Ar'kahal furrowed his brow and gave a deep, troubled grumble.

"Maybe chlorine isn't quite the same as oxygen after all. It appears to be interfering with our other creations... thoughts?"

"Auphanim twists his new magic through the world, and focuses it upon a mountain dedicated to his own glory! A perfect example of his arrogance. Saving the Maka trees is only drawing our attention away from him. I believe that if these so called major gods care about life on the planet, they should do something about it themselves, instead of glorifying themselves."
"And I believe that the less you Maggots make my trees worse, the more time I'll have to perfect life in spite of your constant whining. I'd prefer worms myself, but creating fungus would be the first useful thing you've done. Might even make up for messing with my trees."
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25