Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: List of Previous Versions for Downloading, Please.  (Read 1428 times)

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
List of Previous Versions for Downloading, Please.
« on: June 18, 2013, 08:50:59 am »

After noticing how buggy V.3b is I think you guys should keep a copy of previous versions of Masterwork so that, if a new version is buggy, players can download a previous version and play that until everything's ironed out a bit more.  Does anyone agree with me?

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: List of Previous Versions for Downloading, Please.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 11:17:26 am »

Similarly, perhaps each version should have its own maintenance releases.

I have versions 3, 3a and 3b of Masterwork in a Mercurial repository, with a few bugfixes included.  I guess I could stick those up on Bitbucket.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

FengYun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 12:00:34 pm »

Well, links to the previous versions could be a good idea and, if I am not mistaken, Meph intended to do this in the topic 'Content repository'. But according to my experience 3b is less buggy than 3a was and 2h was a different mod, which was not so interesting as 3b. And DF in general is quite buggy and most bugs are impossible to fix on the user's side and Toady does not pay too much attention to fixing even the old ones.

You'd better just play 3b, report the bugs to the topic for bug reports and wait till Meph has time to make a new version. He is on his travel to Indonesia now.

Talking about the Dwarf mode, I am aware only of the bug with Evil drow on world gen and the bug with cannonballs. The community (Putnam and smakemupagus) has already figured out how to fix them and you can apply these fixes yourself quite easily just by reading the topic.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 12:43:13 pm »

I have every version back to 1.9.3 :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 09:58:52 pm »

The drow bug is really mysterious, but overall its really only two things that have been reported. Deep Drow and the wrong syntax on flowsizes for putnams projectileExpansion script.

There are surely more fixes in 3b then bugs. ;)

EDIT: PS: He, just read that it was actually smakes bug that crashed the deep drow. ^^ But he fixed it, its a tool used as weapons in the entity file.

in the file 'entity_drow_evil.txt' find around line 88:
[WEAPON:ITEM_TOOL_CODEX_BLADEMASTER:FORCED]
(which is incorrect, a mistake on my part)

and either replace it with:
[WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_BLADEMASTER_ARMS:FORCED]
or simply delete the line
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 10:00:42 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 02:18:24 pm »

What about the items being called UNKNOWN FROZEN PLANT MATERIAL or just being called ()?  And let's not forget the missing tiles in the Embark map.  Those are some annoying bugs, has anyone fixed those yet?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 04:24:19 am »

Its trees from the additional "more trees" option, which I somewhat kind-a left on. I had to make a valid raw for the script that reads out the info for the plant guide I added. I then forgot to delete that file.

The bugs themselves are just missing material names. I did not fix those, because I am not in the habit of modding mods I include. This one is Flora&Fauna. If you delete "plant_tree.txt" in your files, you wont have that problem anymore.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2013, 09:32:27 am »

If I delete that text file, will I still have the trees from the More Trees option?

And are you sure it's "plant_tree.txt" and not "plant_tree_ff.txt"?

Nevermind, that seemed to fix both the trees and the plants.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:06:47 am by toradrow777 »