Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 521196 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2013, 03:23:18 am »

I'm really interested in the team stuff I wonder if you can be a minion to a AI.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2013, 09:13:44 am »

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2013, 09:15:56 am »

G'dammnit! >< I really was looking forward to playing it at the end of the month.

Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and preorder....on Desura. *grumble*
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:16:28 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52:22 pm »

So how's word on the AI?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2013, 10:31:55 pm »

Game's not out until the 28th of September as far as I know. It's probably improved, but probably not much.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2013, 08:23:23 pm »

HOLY SHIT THE BETA IS OUT!!!!11!!ONE!!11!
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2013, 09:21:40 pm »

Beam weapons are crazy as hell. Hits everything in those squares.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2013, 09:22:03 pm »

So it is. LA Ermor = Lemurs. And they have ghost troops instead of skeletons!

MA Caelum seems to be identical, except there are some new pretenders and they can use the Ambush of Tigers spell for some reason.

Air bless now gives Precision and an air shield as the major bless, Nature gives HP with regen as a major bless, Death gives "Undying", which who knows what that does, and Blood gives blood vengeance as the major bless instead of death curse. My favorite thing might be the Demilich pretender, though. He's a tiny little immobile pile of bones with a skull on top.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2013, 11:04:33 pm »

Any interest in a B12 preorder multiplayer match?

As I understand it "undying" gives extra hit points by allowing units to go into negative hits during a battle. Also worth noting that Dom4 blood vengeance doesn't stop a unit from taking damage like Dom3 blood vengeance did.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2013, 11:08:14 pm »

Shame they still don't let you get more than one commander or something along those lines.

Since frankly one of the problems with Dominions 3 is that you will often never EVER use your other commanders because they are either useless or a very poor investment when next to the "better" choice.

But then again that was the general "Thing" with Dominions. They would intentionally include pitfalls and useless junk as a way to emphasize the plot.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2013, 11:10:33 pm »

What with leadership giving morale bonuses now, national commanders that aren't mages are slightly more useful. I'm not sure how viable those "slow to recruit" ubermages will be though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2013, 04:49:47 am »

I kinda miss my MA "Alive but still kinda undead" Ermor.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2013, 05:40:50 am »

I'm still really on the fence in this one, I mean it just looks like Dom3 but with a new name.

Can anyone tell me what is new in the 4th game ? Or is it more or less the same but "with a touch of paint"
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2013, 06:44:00 am »

There's been a pretty thorough rebalancing I think. Nation/Pretender options shifted around, and a lot more nation specific Pretenders. (EA Mictlan has an assload now, one for every magic path pretty much, a sneaky one, a SC one, each spawning with their own kind of retinue.) A few new nations. New map features, global random events. Province defense overhaul. The UI is more informational now (although I hope some of the visual elements are still in beta.) Repeatable build queues. Combat formations. Morale modifiers for troops based on various army things. Morale seems way more important now. Can build fortresses or castles/cities, and give them 1 or 2 add-ons.

Hard to say whether that's worth $35 to you. They haven't systemically changed the game. The Beta screen says something to the effect of "Tutorial is on the way. If you've played Dom 3 you'll figure it out."

I was on the fence but now that I've pulled the trigger I'm happy. Already hoping someone is going to do a Random for this version.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:45:41 am by nenjin »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2013, 07:48:42 am »

I kinda miss my MA "Alive but still kinda undead" Ermor.
They're called Sceleria now.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 236