Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 520958 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #2400 on: July 23, 2016, 08:47:32 am »

Oh, is that why loading the nation I generated is saying "Bad #selectnation command" and crashing the game? :P

The slider could just as easily be labeled "Sacred Ridiculousness". Which is to say, nope, you're not too literal, that's exactly right.
This is funny because every time I put it to "batshit insane" it always, ALWAYS gives me hilariously shitty sacreds. Like they don't have a SINGLE SPECIAL ATTRIBUTE. No poisonarmor, no invulnerability, generally not even "better resistances" they get nothing.

But yeah, with the restrictions system there's now a semi balanced way to make "select your own nation" games. Basically everyone sends in what restrictions they want their nation to be genned with and take the first thing that works. Or just get told no if it takes too long for the host person's taste :P
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: OK WOW. Wanna know how dumb the AI is in the game I'm playing? It put a SLAVE COLLAR ON ITS PRETENDER. FUCKING WUT. I think Illwinter still has some bugfixing to do XD
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:47:19 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 23, 2016, 11:38:38 am »

No, wait, I was wrong. The quirk I discussed above is one in the dev build, and it's a result of fixing the problem you mention. Basically, in the release rejected nations are still assigned a nation number, so if it takes 1000 nations to fill your requested number of nations with a given criteria, the nation numbers will span into the thousands and Dominions will choke. The solution is the same, though: take all the seeds of the nations located, and make a custom-seeded mod with just those specific seeds specified. A new release fixing this stuff should be out soon though.

--

I'd definitely report the Slave Collar on Pretender thing.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 23, 2016, 12:13:52 pm »

How do I figure out the seed of a nation after I moved it to the game proper?

Indeed, I do this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 23, 2016, 12:30:31 pm »

Open the mod's .dm file. At the beginning there's a list with the seed that was used to generate the nation seed (ignore it) and right after that a by-nation list of specific seeds.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 23, 2016, 12:33:16 pm »

I can't even remember... isn't it possible to pick up slave collars after a fight? I think it was at one point, but not sure if that was Dom 3 or what -- know it was at least possible to pick up those cheapo cursed knives. If it is, though, it may be that the AI didn't put a slave collar on its pretender, just had a hilariously bad RNG result after an indie fight :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 24, 2016, 07:18:54 am »

Open the mod's .dm file. At the beginning there's a list with the seed that was used to generate the nation seed (ignore it) and right after that a by-nation list of specific seeds.
How do I open the .dm file? Do I use 7zip?

I can't even remember... isn't it possible to pick up slave collars after a fight? I think it was at one point, but not sure if that was Dom 3 or what -- know it was at least possible to pick up those cheapo cursed knives. If it is, though, it may be that the AI didn't put a slave collar on its pretender, just had a hilariously bad RNG result after an indie fight :V
Yeah see the way I know this isn't what happened is that Yomi started surrounded by throne provinces and never managed to expand past its capital. So it never won a battle, probably because it STUCK A FUCKING SLAVE COLLAR ON ITS PRETENDER :P

Indeed, I do this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 24, 2016, 10:11:33 am »

It's a text file. :D
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 24, 2016, 11:28:59 am »

Yeah see the way I know this isn't what happened is that Yomi started surrounded by throne provinces and never managed to expand past its capital. So it never won a battle, probably because it STUCK A FUCKING SLAVE COLLAR ON ITS PRETENDER :P
No, no... that's not a guarantee. Events can cause battles, too, and while as far as I can recall they're incredibly unlikely (save for the troll) to generate anything with an item, I'm pretty sure it's still possible. If collars really can be picked up post fight, there's still a(n incredibly small) chance Yomi could have basically landed on just about the worst RNG results in the history of D4, instead of making a rather impressively bad decision.

... it's bloody close to certain it was the AI being an idiot, but... it might not have been. The possibility may be there (assuming slave collars actually can be picked up*).

*Which if they can, I'm totally going to have to remember collar bombing as a tactic if I ever run a blood nation. Mass produce scouts and collars, send them into a vital enemy army to die and cripple important stuff~
Ask not!
Ask!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 24, 2016, 02:57:11 pm »

I wanna say "cursed" is one of the criteria that reduces the chances of picking up items.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 24, 2016, 07:12:58 pm »

... but not eliminates? I could see that... while I've picked up knives of the damned occasionally, it's kinda' seemed to be more unlikely than usual. Still, if it's still possible, it's still possible. It'd just set the bar for worst RNG results in the history of D4 a bit higher :V
Ask not!
Ask!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 24, 2016, 08:04:38 pm »

And here I was thinking that E. Albright meant that cursed commanders were less likely to pick things up. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 25, 2016, 10:37:53 am »

Can the pretender of that middle-age mummy empire (I forgot the name) raise the dead? Mine has level 4 death magic and is sieging a castle, but my men are starving faster than the siege is progressing. I'd like to have them resurrected to fight once again.

Actually, for that matter, what are the requirements for raising a corpse from its slumber?
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 25, 2016, 10:52:25 am »

That would depend on the pretender's chassis. You have other units that can, however - if it's possible to do it while sieging. I don't recall.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 25, 2016, 08:19:06 pm »

Reanimators can raise dead while sieging, but I think they don't participate in breaking down the walls while doing so. Might be wrong on that though.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: August 01, 2016, 09:48:46 am »

Any intrest in another near vanilla game, small-ish (8) and fast-ish? Last one went by in a flash tbh and was great.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 236