Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 521210 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #3075 on: February 14, 2017, 12:02:57 pm »

With low protection they tend to lose limbs fast, but whatever, right?
If you have any E access and you've got these guys, you should probably be rushing Alteration for iron warriors/marble warriors/army of foo and give them good protection on top of their other benefits as soon as reasonably possible. Even if you don't, if you have other reasons to go into Alteration it might be worth taking some E on your pretender so you can throw that stuff up on major armies later, especially if you have sacred mages or troops that would like a Ex bless anyway.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #3076 on: February 20, 2017, 02:50:30 pm »

Anyone want to sub for a (probably doomed) Atlantis in Bay12 Game 25? I'm having to leave due to stress (and, like I said, it's probably doomed) but if anyone wants a shot at it I can sent my latest .trn as a quick preview.
Check out my books at O and H Books

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: February 20, 2017, 06:43:05 pm »

Game Name: Bay12GamesRound425
Map: Dawn of Bridges v3
Thread: Bay425

Atlantis is "sorta" ok, with 1 fort lost (out of 4) and the game is in the intresting point where you might not be able to win, but you can certainly influence who will win.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:23:17 am by ThtblovesDF »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: March 03, 2017, 07:19:59 am »

Double post, but hey like a week passed.

I did some testing with "Wind of Death" and dear god is it effective - a single caster with 10-ish bodyguards (That start away from the caster to draw arrows) casting it once, then waiting 4 turns before retreating.

- all humans died (max age 50, starting around 20-30 usually)
- Even the pale ones (max age 400 start 150) died, but it was very strange - the all aged 5 years/turn, about 80 total on average, but on the very last tick, when the battle ends - all affected just died. With well up to 180 years left before max age, all of them died in the same turn. That might be a bit of a bug in action there, then again "Death is the only cure" - no wonder it was so effective at stoping the Boar-invasion back then.

Before and After Screenshot

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With actual mag-pen boosters 1 mage vs 450 - 350 dead
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just for funnyzs I died another test, 2x Earthquake and 1x Rain of Stone and 3 extra casters (plus a small army) - killed about 272 of 484.

Well thankfully it is a high level research goal.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:41:22 am by ThtblovesDF »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: March 03, 2017, 11:31:59 am »

I need to cast Sea Dogs, GoR one of them, and name it Scuba Duu.

...yes, I have the best tactics.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: March 03, 2017, 11:42:10 am »

I need to cast Sea Dogs, GoR one of them, and name it Scuba Duu.

...yes, I have the best tactics.
I occasionally have similar thoughts about GoR'ing a deer or something equally silly and making it my prophet... just 'cause.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: March 03, 2017, 11:52:55 am »

Think... what, tiniest scorpions are the smallest thing you can get outside battle? That'd be the target. Your entire religion hanging off the words of a bug smaller than your hand.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: March 03, 2017, 12:09:38 pm »

Think... what, tiniest scorpions are the smallest thing you can get outside battle? That'd be the target. Your entire religion hanging off the words of a bug smaller than your hand.
You can polymorph a mage into a dragonfly.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: March 03, 2017, 12:32:53 pm »

That'd work, sure. Just be a bit better if it was something that started tiny. Mage-prophet becoming a dragonfly isn't quite the same as a dragonfly suddenly flapping out of a swamp buzzing about the word of the true god :P
Ask not!
Ask!

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: March 03, 2017, 01:30:56 pm »

That might be a bit of a bug in action there, then again "Death is the only cure" - no wonder it was so effective at stoping the Boar-invasion back then.

Decay doesn't stop just because the battle stops. It's much the same as how the battle ending can still mean death from poison, bleeding, or burning.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: March 03, 2017, 02:23:00 pm »

That might be a bit of a bug in action there, then again "Death is the only cure" - no wonder it was so effective at stoping the Boar-invasion back then.

Decay doesn't stop just because the battle stops. It's much the same as how the battle ending can still mean death from poison, bleeding, or burning.

I think he was talking about how the Pale Ones just suddenly keeled over despite having well over a hundred years until old age?
But yeah, Wind of Death can be scarily effective (if slow acting), if you fear for it, turn 1 Antimagic helps a ton (As it is a MR resists easily spell)
(The one time I really used it was against one of Thtbloves swarms of B9D9N9 blessed Great Boars... It was beautiful.)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: March 03, 2017, 03:32:30 pm »

Okay, so, we've got the Markata prophet Rhesus Christ, the deer prophet Deer Lord, the sea dog Scuba Duu, just need a good name for the scorpion...

Also, now I need to make a Nyorai pretender named "I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha!". Fuck all of you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: March 03, 2017, 03:35:47 pm »

"NOD the Best" sounds like a good one for the scorpion, if you're going for that sort of theme.
Ask not!
Ask!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: March 03, 2017, 03:49:18 pm »

I have pretenders named:
The Wicked Witch of the West (EA Xibalba)
The Ghost of Mr. Burns (EA Xibalba)
The Other Drowned God (EA R'lyeh)
Namwons Eht Ytsorf (MA Caelum - that's Frosty The Snowman, backwards)
Poseidonteven (MA Oceania)
Free Drinks (LA Ulm, a blood fountain)

The one I used in the Bay12 EA game where I played EA Xibalba was named "Tora no Kagitsume", which means Tiger's Claw (or claws), and is a disguised reference to the TCS Tiger's Claw in Wing Commander
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #3089 on: March 04, 2017, 12:35:08 pm »

In the B12 game before the current ones, I went through a number of names for my Demon Macaw (LA Xibalba), including Akumacaw, Macawbre, and Kazooie, before settling on Polly. Polly wants YOUR BLOOD!
Check out my books at O and H Books
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 236