Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 520144 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2013, 05:36:50 am »

Sorry, I don't know much about water nations, especially Oceania.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2013, 11:03:41 am »

Basically, Dom3 Oceania was split into Dom4 Oceania and Pelagia, the former with more of an "underwater Pangaea" vibe, and the latter with more mermen.  I'm not sure how they are really helped by the split, though; while I still find them fun, they still seem a trifle weak to me.  That may just be because I'm a bad player, though; I have trouble with the AI on Normal. 

It's also worth noting that LA Lemuria is the old Soul Gates Ermor (or rather, Sceleria; you'd think that the thaumaturges would have learned after destroying one empire, but no, they did it twice), the same way that Asphodel is the Carrion Woods Pangaea.  What I love most of the new additions are the Rus, myself; the Vanarus were added to MA as a precursor to the LA Bogarus, and there are clear plans for an EA Rus as well that will likely be pre-conquest or shortly after conquest by the Scandinavian-equivalents. 

EDIT: Oh, and some other major gameplay changes:
1. Magic has been deemphasized in the early game.  Between formations for regular units, a different scaling system for magical research costs, and slow-recruitment options for stronger mages, it'll take longer to get to the point where you can drop game-shattering spells for maximum shenanigans. 
2. Thrones of Creation.  Capture these to win the game, if you have that victory condition enabled.  Each one gives you particular bonuses or sometimes penalties, which means you have to decide if you want to take it. 
3. The power graphs can be limited in the game settings, emphasizing effective scouting and spying even more. 
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 11:08:48 am by Culise »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2013, 12:05:39 pm »

Is EA Abysia still awesome?

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2013, 06:01:34 pm »

It's also worth noting that LA Lemuria is the old Soul Gates Ermor (or rather, Sceleria; you'd think that the thaumaturges would have learned after destroying one empire, but no, they did it twice), the same way that Asphodel is the Carrion Woods Pangaea.  What I love most of the new additions are the Rus, myself; the Vanarus were added to MA as a precursor to the LA Bogarus, and there are clear plans for an EA Rus as well that will likely be pre-conquest or shortly after conquest by the Scandinavian-equivalents.

As long as there are dual wielding/zweihänders Chud 'zerkers, I'll roll them. On the other hand I read somewhere by the devs that they'd like more human nations in EA. Whether that cuts out the chuds -basically humans+ statwise- or not I don't know. But yeah, I'm definitely glad that there's more Rus on the way.

After that the game only needs an arabic and turkic nations and I'll be jolly.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2013, 06:05:34 pm »

Abysia is vaguely Middle Eastern, but another nation in that flavor would be nice, yes.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2013, 09:21:30 pm »

Caelum has some Zorastern elements thrown in, if we're looking at nations drawing on Middle Eastern cultures, but while they're more invested in it than Abysia, it's definitely a tacked-on afterthought.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2014, 08:02:34 am »

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DOM4TA/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascension

So apparently this thing's at 66% discount on gamersgate. That's 8,5€. Don't know the current exchange rates but probably not much more than that for dollars either.

No idea how long it's going to stay that low though.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2014, 09:50:45 am »

I bought it saturday on desura, 25€. :(

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2014, 01:00:27 pm »

Wow, that's a great deal. I've been waiting for a good sale to pick it up. :)

Also, just an FYI, you can use the serial from gamersgate to activate it on steam if you want (it doesn't mention it on the gamersgate page).

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2014, 01:06:43 pm »

It wouldn't be terribly wrong of you to modify the thread title to something like "on sale for 8,50" with a link. I'd imagine that there's at least a few people here who would buy Dom4 for a tenner but don't religiously check the thread here.

Just remember to change it back once the sale ends. That is, if you feel like doing it.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension (Currently on sale for $11.90/£7.82!)
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2014, 03:22:51 pm »

Glad I saw this...been tempted to pick this up but not for full price...$12 is much more manageable to swallow

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2014, 04:08:19 pm »

damn, its at 6 bucks now, does anyone wants to trade it for Natural Selection 2 (deluxe ed, steam) ? the worst thing is when you actually have money but can't buy certain things because paypal is not available in your country for some reason 8(

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2014, 04:13:06 pm »

What?  Where is it 6 bucks?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2014, 04:13:27 pm »

Muuuch better price.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2014, 05:33:21 pm »

What?  Where is it 6 bucks?
yes do tell
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:35:28 pm by TripJack »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 236