Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 517506 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #1890 on: January 09, 2016, 07:39:37 pm »

It really is a smaller game. However, CoE also has a lot of "hidden" content, like special rare encounters and interactions between some units and map sites. For the most part, however, it's just smaller and shorter.

That's a problem in the beginning of the game too, especially EA. :V

Giants with frost aura for example. Or troops which are fireball-throwing demons which turn into ethereal spirit forms if they "die," making them nigh-impossible to kill without massed magic (or fire bless).

I never really managed to get Yomi to work out all that well for me, honestly... The demons are ludicrously expensive, and although the chaos recruitment thing helps, I'm pretty sure that only has an effect on the "down payment", not the upkeep. And the upkeep will quickly soar to very unmanageable levels with a few troops... Also they can't hit a goddamn thing with those fireballs, haha.
Yomi has to treat their troops like a levy.  None of them cost much resources so just hire them all the moment you need them.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: January 09, 2016, 09:32:48 pm »

In an attack, does chaos power work off the turmoil/unrest in the province the troops are attacking from, or the province the battle is held in?  Either way, just occurred to me that just about every Yomi troop has awesome pillaging powers. Slash and burn your way to massive unrest, yay!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: January 10, 2016, 08:28:11 pm »

Heeeey. Someone remind me, for disciple games, is there any way to filter things so each team is under a single flag/color?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: January 10, 2016, 08:59:39 pm »

Heeeey. Someone remind me, for disciple games, is there any way to filter things so each team is under a single flag/color?
... I mean, it would be an easy mod.

You could even have it be a custom flag/color scheme rather than a vanilla one.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: January 15, 2016, 06:54:51 pm »

Ok so now I turned on conservative casting and THEY REFUSE TO USE THE SPELLS I TOLD THEM TO USE.

HOW DO I MAKE THEM USE THE SPELLS I WANT THEM TO USE AND NOTHING MORE?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: January 15, 2016, 07:34:26 pm »

Ok so now I turned on conservative casting and THEY REFUSE TO USE THE SPELLS I TOLD THEM TO USE.

HOW DO I MAKE THEM USE THE SPELLS I WANT THEM TO USE AND NOTHING MORE?
Which spells?  Do they have the paths without gem empowerment? (Shouldn't be affected by turning on conservative casting, but...) Is there a range issue? (They'll go off-script if a scripted spell has no valid targets in range.) Did anything change item-wise or path-wise? (See paths) Are they hitting 100 fatigue? (No gem empowerment means lower paths means less/no fatigue reduction.)

EDIT: Ah, just glanced up the thread.  If you're still having problems with Summon Earth Elementals, that answers most of the questions as: Presumably (assuming you took USEC's advice and used Earth Boots to hit base E3 plus Earth Power for E4/Reinvig), No, Presumably not, and Probably.  If they're scripted to do so but they're not casting in the first place, it does sound like something's blocking them them from doing it, though.  I'm not sure...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:39:19 pm by Culise »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: January 15, 2016, 07:59:24 pm »

no earth boots yet, but they use earth power like they're supposed to and then do nothing with it.
I decided to just give a few mages most of the gems and conserve them while errybody else gets to go crazy with a small amount.

Indeed, I do this.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: January 15, 2016, 08:15:12 pm »

Do they have enough base path levels to use the gems required for the spell?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: January 15, 2016, 09:39:21 pm »

Most of the combat-summoning elemental spells are only 1 gem, I do believe, so... pretty much anything has that.

What I'd say is most likely is that you're running into that problem where the script encounters an enemy it doesn't consider worth doing it's thing against and throwing everything to the wayside. That can happen with gem-using spells, iirc. Forget what the breakpoints and whatnot are, but I'm faiiirly sure that's a thing that happens. Try throwing the casters against a particularly sizable force and seeing if it works.
Ask not!
Ask!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: January 31, 2016, 02:23:48 pm »

I am suddenly upset by lack of plague doctor character. Gaping hole in game design.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: January 31, 2016, 02:43:25 pm »

I am suddenly upset by lack of plague doctor character. Gaping hole in game design.
Gaping hole in YOUR MOM.....

BFEL has not slept yet today.

Indeed, I do this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: January 31, 2016, 02:44:10 pm »

There's a mod that has 'em, for what it's worth.

I coulda' sworn bogarus or somethin' had similar critters too, though, just... without the beak hat.

E: Oops, indeed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:50:46 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: January 31, 2016, 02:46:49 pm »

http://a mod

Oops?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: January 31, 2016, 03:47:47 pm »

I always wanted something with siege engines, like in-battle units that provided a siege bonus and could also, like, shoot long-range fireballs or boulders. Easily de-crewed but not easily destroyed.

Also nations focused around the fire-water and earth-blood combos.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 236