Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 517540 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #2310 on: May 18, 2016, 10:59:04 pm »

I might be up for a new game too, if it's EA or MA.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: May 19, 2016, 02:52:55 am »

I'm all for Normal/Vanilla and if none else (especially anyone with expierence) wants to host, I will give it a shot, but I might be weird with settings.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: May 19, 2016, 03:01:14 am »

Well, I suggest in that case we go with Early age levels of magic sites, easy research compared to normal research, and the worthy heros mod is fun if not absolutely necessary. Then we get a map with 15 lands per player and we should be good, but yes, EA or MA sound good.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: May 21, 2016, 08:29:07 pm »

...if you're masochistic, an updated version of the Cataclysm mod just got released...

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: May 21, 2016, 08:30:14 pm »

Ah, thank you.  I'd actually been experimenting with that for the last couple weeks against the AI, so it's welcome to see. ^_^

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: May 21, 2016, 10:03:28 pm »

...if you're masochistic, an updated version of the Cataclysm mod just got released...

This looks excellent for multiplayer matches! A shame about the pd though.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: May 21, 2016, 10:42:35 pm »

Nope. Not happening for me. Arcoscephale mages drive me nuts. This? Nope. Nonononononononononononononononononononope. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: May 22, 2016, 03:52:06 am »

I'm gonna try that mod out, but I'd rather play a Vanilla game currently to be honest. Well Vanilla with worthy Heros 5_5, default settings for the most part, maybe have just 4 or 5 thrones, but have them all be 3 point-thrones.  Easy research, too.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: May 22, 2016, 04:05:21 am »

I think the issue with 3 point thrones and the reason I didn't bother having 2 point thrones even is a lot of the later ones can be considered so game changing that they may be best for single player games. Having all the thrones be 3 point thrones mitigates things somewhat, but it would favor expanders who manage to get two thrones.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: May 22, 2016, 07:04:47 am »

I prefer all thrones to be of same level for fairness, and I prefer to avoid level 3's for reasons already stated. I seem to recall that most thrones that provide new mages are lvl 1 or 2, can't remember which though. That used to be my biggest reason for leaning one way or the other.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: May 22, 2016, 08:31:20 am »

Also the level 3 thrones have extremely strong defenders and pretender-level leaders guarding them (with high-end spells). It's possible to lose an entire army to them, and you generally have to wait pretty late in the game to even be able to assault them with some chance of success. (OTOH I rolled over one in one game with a single marble oracle because basically everything there did shock damage, so I just tailored him to be immune to their shit)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: May 22, 2016, 11:20:25 am »

Also the level 3 thrones have extremely strong defenders and pretender-level leaders guarding them (with high-end spells). It's possible to lose an entire army to them

I've seen level 2 thrones with these...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: May 22, 2016, 11:32:56 am »

Those aren't typically quite as strong, but vOv. :P

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: May 22, 2016, 12:09:35 pm »

I think a limited amount of strong (and hard to take) thrones would focus politics and action on small POI. Optimally someone that hosted before could host, but the suprising win in Bay420 makes me want moar.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: May 22, 2016, 01:08:33 pm »

I think level 2 thrones are good for that to be honest. Alternatively if you want limited thrones that would form points of interest and you absolutely need to include a level 3 throne, I would suggest 1 3 throne, 2 2thrones, and 4 1 thrones or something like that, with winner needing to take total throne points -1 or 2, so that the highest throne is always a point of contention. Mind you, no idea how balanced it is.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 236