Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 517492 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #2370 on: June 25, 2016, 10:53:00 am »

What ZebioLizard2 said.

I'm just thinking over weird/intresting variations for hosting, like "Normal game, but we just fast forward past the first 3 turns, so we got a bunch of "rich/old/kingdoms" at the start of the first playable turn.
If you're going to do that, you might as well go big. Fastforward to like turn 50 or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: June 25, 2016, 01:44:28 pm »

From testing I know - sadly - that this kills nations with rando events/dominion. 3 turns will do. (Hardcore merc-betting fights)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: June 25, 2016, 03:18:53 pm »

From testing I know - sadly - that this kills nations with rando events/dominion. 3 turns will do. (Hardcore merc-betting fights)
How high did you set initial province count?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: June 25, 2016, 07:56:00 pm »

There was a game set up not that long ago where Ermor was given a huge boost to be the BBEG for the rest of the nations to fight. I've also heard of a story where one player was essentially the GM. And from time to time, people assume primary goals that aren't "win" for a game, and people generally refrain from finishing those nations off out of respect for what they're bringing to the table. But I'm not sure a game with a lot of those could be orchestrated effectively. I think it would be much easier to go full RP or full competitive.
If you were going to do it I would definitely stick to a single GM/"NPC" player and have everyone else be competitive.  And make it pretty clear what the MO of the non-competitive player is so that the other players can plan around it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: June 25, 2016, 08:33:00 pm »

MA Ulm, Merchant Kingdom?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: June 26, 2016, 03:03:16 am »

How high did you set initial province count?

9, 0% Indi strenght, 300% everything else, human vs humnan Nation same dominion, a resarcher on repeat build Research points soread out, Start punching the force host Button, usually one dies before everything is researched.

As for nations:

Marignon, Undead Hunters, Witch Hunters

MA Nazca, Kings of Wasteland and nothing else.

MA, LA R'lyeh - Apathic to everything, explorers of the unknown, callers of Doom Horrors, the bribe-able.

EA Pangaea, MA Pangaea, MA Asphodel - Defenders of the forests

Any Nation, commanders & Mercs only: The Strange Hero Party (maybe not giant nations?), The Grand Gem Exchange

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:12:53 am by ThtblovesDF »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: June 26, 2016, 09:33:36 am »

That sounds like it's most like a dominion problem (from events) more than any other sort of event problem. Make a custom map that gives every "NPC nation" a completely isolated, 0-pop province with a temple in addition to their "normal" capital, and make sure there's a few temples for the non-NPC nations.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: July 02, 2016, 03:34:01 am »

Should anyone be interested:

Spoiler: ...Stuff... (click to show/hide)

NationGen 0.6.11 (Chaos Most Foul): https://github.com/elmokki/nationgen/releases/tag/0.6.11

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: July 02, 2016, 01:41:20 pm »

Incidentally, I suppose the above release means my ominous rumblings about a masochists' all-Foulspawn game could be done if we had enough interest. Let's be clear, though: Foulspawn are for masochists. Having said that... any interest?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: July 02, 2016, 01:46:28 pm »

Well, having lost the super-serious competitive game- yeah, I have some interest.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: July 02, 2016, 06:51:45 pm »

When using NationGen, does the "Sacred Power" slider affect how powerful sacred units will be, or am I interpreting that too literally?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 07:04:11 pm by cider »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: July 02, 2016, 07:12:21 pm »

The slider could just as easily be labeled "Sacred Ridiculousness". Which is to say, nope, you're not too literal, that's exactly right.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: July 03, 2016, 02:21:17 am »

That sounds like it's most like a dominion problem (from events) more than any other sort of event problem. Make a custom map that gives every "NPC nation" a completely isolated, 0-pop province with a temple in addition to their "normal" capital, and make sure there's a few temples for the non-NPC nations.
Can Dominions even handle disconnected provinces?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: July 03, 2016, 02:59:09 am »

Yeah, it can. I can't remember why, but there was something that inspired me to make a non-connected map and play thirty or fifty turns to test some harebrained notion or another at one point. The game just chugs on as though nothing out of the ordinary is happening.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: July 03, 2016, 05:13:57 am »

It sounds like a good plan, although one could still lose a disconnected province to random events (e.g. barbarian invasions). So perhaps also give the disconnected provinces some ridiculous amount of PD and a strong PD type?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 236