Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 517500 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #3045 on: January 07, 2017, 04:36:12 pm »

So does Awe and Fear stack?

Awe takes effect whenever an attacking unit fails a morale check, and Fear reduces the morale of nearby units. So, in a sense, they do work together(fear will make nearby units more susceptible to having their attacks blocked by Awe), but do they stack? Kind of a weird way of putting it. It's more just that they synergize really well.

Unfortunately starvation itself is kinda an odd mechanic (IIRC it prefers giving units afflictions to actually killing them?)

It's a major penalty to morale, and has a high chance of giving afflictions, yes... I think it's even specifically weighted towards causing Disease, which itself is a fatal condition unless treated in some way.

So, no, starvation won't smite down your foes in any quick fashion by itself... But it will make the enemy's units all but worthless in battle, as well as the logistics nightmare of wounds and disease running rampant through your troops.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: January 09, 2017, 06:53:06 pm »

So, are there any plans to run a game in the near future? I haven't had my ass kicked by competent (i.e. human) players in over a year, and I'm starting to miss it.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 09, 2017, 06:55:41 pm »

Sorry I might have been thinking of another game.

In it there are two effects that are basically exactly the same... But they give one to the "Good guys" and another to "The Bad Guys" and they basically do the same thing... enemies need to pass a will/morale test to even attack.

Well mind you... it wasn't for "Good guy, bad guy" flavoring. So much that it wanted to separate the difference between someone blinding you with divine reverence and someone making you poop your pants in terror.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: January 09, 2017, 07:15:33 pm »

So, are there any plans to run a game in the near future? I haven't had my ass kicked by competent (i.e. human) players in over a year, and I'm starting to miss it.
One is currently running. 30 turns in at standard research, when it's over likely another will start I think.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: January 09, 2017, 08:57:07 pm »

My preference is to use games here to find NationGen guinea pigs; I'd be willing to admin one if you lot would be willing to suffer through NG...

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3050 on: January 09, 2017, 09:49:19 pm »

My brother loves nation gen, and I think I could try a game with real people instead of just AI. Pm me if you do wanna get something going

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 10, 2017, 05:55:12 am »

I'm in for nation gen- should be fun.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 10, 2017, 10:29:14 am »

I'd hop onboard, but I've already kinda dedicated myself to more projects right now than I'm really capable of handling. Maybe some later time.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 10, 2017, 03:10:01 pm »

...I'll go ahead and get a post up for interest/planning/scheming...

(And done.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 03:38:08 pm by E. Albright »

sum1won

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 11, 2017, 11:30:52 pm »

Passing along that I am attempting to revive community clash in a somewhat more organized fashion.  That is to say, I actually secured a working server option and obtained semi-delivery of a map before making a post.  Post is on dom4mods if the team here is interested in signing up again.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 14, 2017, 05:24:20 pm »

Passing along that I am attempting to revive community clash in a somewhat more organized fashion.  That is to say, I actually secured a working server option and obtained semi-delivery of a map before making a post.  Post is on dom4mods if the team here is interested in signing up again.

Trying to pull the team for this back together, but only one other person replied, so as such if you feel up to the task of representing the glorious community of the Twelfth Bay, send me a PM.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 14, 2017, 11:12:52 pm »

...I'll go ahead and get a post up for interest/planning/scheming...

(And done.)

Are the the developer for NationGen? Just wondering.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 15, 2017, 03:55:35 am »

I'm the junior partner. About 2.5 years ago I sorta ended up being the primary content dev for the project, mostly by volunteering to take up the mantle when the creator went on hiatus for a while, and doing a fair job of it. Most of the coding heavy lifting and engine functionality is still done by the original author (Elmokki over at Dom4Mods), but some random parts of the coding and a reasonably large percentage of the content - to include the majority of new content - are my fault. Other people in the community have contributed content as well; the original forms of Atlantians, Sidhe, Serpentmen, and I think Abysians (and maybe one or two more?) were made by someone other than one of us two, even if they may have subsequently been modified or expanded by one of us.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 16, 2017, 10:42:32 am »

So (all) non-magic ranged weapons don't work underwater, right? Including crossbows, javlins, slings & so on?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 16, 2017, 10:56:19 am »

Spectral ones do [which I suppose would fall under the rubric of magic], but I can't think of any others used by human or humanlike troops that do, no.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:03:11 am by E. Albright »
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 236