Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 236

Author Topic: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension  (Read 517536 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension
« Reply #3060 on: January 19, 2017, 01:54:18 am »

Passing along that I am attempting to revive community clash in a somewhat more organized fashion.  That is to say, I actually secured a working server option and obtained semi-delivery of a map before making a post.  Post is on dom4mods if the team here is interested in signing up again.

Trying to pull the team for this back together, but only one other person replied, so as such if you feel up to the task of representing the glorious community of the Twelfth Bay, send me a PM.

I know this is likely redundant, but Bay12 could still use another member for the Community Clash! Time's running out on sign-ups, so if you feel up for it, send me a PM!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: January 25, 2017, 02:37:47 am »

So this might be a bit of an odd question, but I figure I may as well ask it. Any way to access guides that used to be on desura? There used to be a magic guide on there that I found super useful when figuring out what to use mages for.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: January 25, 2017, 11:12:05 am »

Wayback machine has some captures, apparently. Poke it for www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/. Might have to tell it to search all archived pages if that spits out something about not having it archived. May or may not have what you're looking for, but it's a possibility.

The invision board (the arguably main mod board, with desura gone) might have a duplicate of the guide, too.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: February 12, 2017, 10:22:52 pm »

I'm blogging another multiplayer game.

This one's gimmick is that we're doing some light roleplaying and staying in-character for diplomacy and other in-game messages.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 02:16:38 am by Cruxador »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: February 12, 2017, 10:34:57 pm »

Eesh, good luck. I seem to remember half-heartedly trying that at one point and it made communication just kinda' miserable, particularly on the time investment front. Fun to indulge sporadically, but less so consistently and especially as the game gets later into the play session, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3065 on: February 12, 2017, 10:36:44 pm »

This one's gimmick is that we're doing some light roleplaying and staying in-character for diplomacy and other in-game messages.
Link didn't work, might wanna check it. Found the blog though, looks neat.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: February 13, 2017, 02:17:55 am »

Eesh, good luck. I seem to remember half-heartedly trying that at one point and it made communication just kinda' miserable, particularly on the time investment front. Fun to indulge sporadically, but less so consistently and especially as the game gets later into the play session, heh.
Yeah, it gets more casual as the game goes on.

Link didn't work, might wanna check it. Found the blog though, looks neat.
Mixed up the code format with some other forum software, I suppose. Fixed now.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: February 13, 2017, 04:45:10 am »

Nationgen gave me this beauty, for 10 gold, 1 res /max 5 a month:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: February 13, 2017, 11:34:33 am »

He seems rather 'excited' to be there. (edit: you know, maybe it's just unfortunate shading... but I see a cock and balls.)

10 gold for a 20 strength, 13 attack skill unit with 53 HP and two attacks (fists though they may be)? Yeah, I could make that work. Cast some protection magic on them and you're good to go.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: February 13, 2017, 12:53:55 pm »

Dude, they're absorbing. It's super-trample that's limited to a 1/2 speed unit in the vanilla game. You trample stuff for massive acid damage and transfer their healthpoints into your own.

Also, yeah, that particular instance is just unfortunate shading in regards to his happy trail... Not that the Dom4 devs have ever shyed away from putting a penis on something.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: February 13, 2017, 05:56:47 pm »

Two things:

1) The bug making those cost 10g instead of 100g has been fixed, so they'll be less absurdly priced next patch.

1a) Those don't have 50 (or even 30) morale, so they can rout, with predictably unfortunate results for their comparatively-petite kinfolk (aka hoburg poppers)...

2) While in broad terms I'm no more reluctant to promulgate sprite nudity than KO, I can assure you that in this case it's all unfortunate shading.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 06:16:42 pm by E. Albright »

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: February 14, 2017, 02:26:00 am »

Two things:

1) The bug making those cost 10g instead of 100g has been fixed, so they'll be less absurdly priced next patch.

1a) Those don't have 50 (or even 30) morale, so they can rout, with predictably unfortunate results for their comparatively-petite kinfolk (aka hoburg poppers)...

2) While in broad terms I'm no more reluctant to promulgate sprite nudity than KO, I can assure you that in this case it's all unfortunate shading.
They're a good deal at 100g, and 14 morale isn't terrible, by the time they rout you've probably lost anyway. It's potentially costly if they run over some major mage support, but it's not nearly as bad as with, say, war elephants. And those cost the same as this guy.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: February 14, 2017, 02:38:08 am »

Well, I think limited recruitment is meant to balance it all out. Their morale is also one lower owing to being undisciplined. Pretty sure there are also sacreds in the game they can't trample and swallow, and quite a few nations have blood somewhere in the roster for our game at least. Agony is going to more or less turn them against their army I think. But yeah, at ten gold that makes them a why not purchase, so a hundred works out better.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: February 14, 2017, 02:57:45 am »

They also increase unrest a bit and eat as much as 12 men (or 8 NG hoburgs, since modding commands only give you the choice of making hoburgs eat 50% of what humans do or 150% unless you wanna take the ugly tack of copying an existing hoburg every time you define a new hoburg unit). They're sorta meant to help balance out low-tech hoburg nations not getting clockworks or crossbows. At some point I do mean to add some non-feral versions with gear for slightly higher tech nations.

Having said that, even if they cost what they're supposed to, I have no idea if they're actually balanced. Which is pretty normal when random new filth gets added to NG...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: February 14, 2017, 04:10:23 am »

They trample just fine and with rapid speed, like 3-4 titles of inf/turn. When they reach the frontline, they always eat there cost in gold several times over. With low protection they tend to lose limbs fast, but whatever, right?

nationgen_0.6.21c was used for them
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 236