Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: An artifact... what?  (Read 3636 times)

Loctavus

• Bay Watcher
  • British Hammerdwarf
    • View Profile
Re: An artifact... what?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2013, 10:34:23 am »

??? Oops! For some reason I was thinking of military hammerdwarves. The -hammerer-, yes.

Armless is best. Knock all his teeth out too.
Tea and -Elf Tallow Biscuits- anyone?

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2013, 10:05:50 pm »

Sorry for my poor english, trying to do my best here:

The only difference between a short sword and a training sword ( and it is this single difference that makes this artifct sucks ) is the penetration.

False, the difference is that all training swords have blunt edges, so it can't cut anything. It is essentially a bronze club. It has a larger contact area than the other blunt weapons, so it will likely do less damage on torso hits. It will smash fingers just as well as any other blunt weapon (contact area is capped by the body part's calculated contact area).

Penetration doesn't matter for blunt weapons.

Penetration does matter for blunt attacks. It determines whether a muscle-bone-internal organ ensemble goes "bruised-broken-bruised" or "bruised-broken-lacerated by bone fragments" when hit.

One of these two statements isn't right.

Testing shows that scamtank is correct. Penetration appears to allow blunt weapons to jam bone fragments through other things.

Fefek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 06:31:32 am »

OK, after some !!science!! on goblins - it works similarly to spear bash/shaft attack, being pretty effective in breaking bones etc. I'm definitely going to use that awesome weapon in military.

PS. The next artifact I got was a lead war hammer. Encrusted with goblin bone. Huehuehue :D

Urist McSpardbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2013, 05:24:56 pm »

Well, what I can gather is that your artifact training sword will have the functionality of a heavy stick. Or a club. You got yourself a disguised mace/warhammer there! :P

Hostialan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2013, 06:48:06 pm »

I couldnt resist:

until his legs are gone

Gavakis

• Bay Watcher
  • some loser meme
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 07:18:37 pm »

Sorry for my poor english, trying to do my best here:

The only difference between a short sword and a training sword ( and it is this single difference that makes this artifct sucks ) is the
penetration...
:P
Pages: 1 [2]