Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Really Turn 8!)  (Read 57413 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: The Guilds of the Floating Castle, a tactical RtD (Turn 0!)
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2013, 10:33:38 pm »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAITINEEDTOPOST
This will take me a little while, anyway.

Make sure command scroll includes spells forcing the holder to follow my orders, even posthumously.
YOU CAN'T DO THAT YET.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2013, 10:36:13 pm »

Your useful abilities are locked away behind a few metric tons of red tape :P.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2013, 10:37:35 pm »

Red tape is what keeps the magic secretaries from taking over.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2013, 10:40:34 pm »

Your useful abilities are locked away behind a few metric tons of red tape :P.
Oh man, I'm sigging this.
The Derail Thread

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TUNNEL_SNAKES:RULE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2013, 10:40:56 pm »

And sigged.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2013, 10:42:59 pm »

Fun fact:  That isn't just the color of my avatars fur. It's actually a whole lot of red tape, making him immune to all magic secretaries.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2013, 10:43:18 pm »

And sigged.
I ALREADY DID, AHAHAHHAHAHHHA!!!!!
The Derail Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2013, 10:46:00 pm »

Ok, I have everybody's turns ready for me to begin the die-rolling, with the exception of Xantalos. Hurry your wizard butt up.
The Derail Thread

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2013, 10:46:52 pm »

Hurry, or the magic secretaries may micromanage your turn for you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 23, 2013, 12:51:02 am »

Hurry, or the magic secretaries may micromanage your turn for you.
It's getting close to this point. I have the entire turn written out now, and the die rolls have all been completed, it's saved to a text document, and I just need Xantalos to post his action and I can put it up.

If he doesn't respond soon, I shall have to treat him as an NPC for the turn.
The Derail Thread

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2013, 01:05:00 am »

My ultimate defense: Form 1357-Q-298-FD: Attack Requisition Form: Class 34 Magi
Must be:
Signed 180 times
Filed in triplicate-no carbon paper
Filed before closing.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Well, let's say you're going away from Earth on huge spaceship and suddenly shit goes wrong and you have Super Mutants. Social Experiments prepared them for this.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2013, 01:18:43 am »

My ultimate defense: Form 1357-Q-298-FD: Attack Requisition Form: Class 34 Magi
Must be:
Signed 180 times
Filed in triplicate-no carbon paper
Filed before closing.
If you get to the point where you can level up, you need to figure out which of your 17 planned abilities you'll actually take.

Turn 1

Hire/paper-mindflay an Assasin to kill a higher-up Warlock Remathura. Give him a squad of Critters.
Give him a Command Scroll.
"Coming to kill me, eh? Well, what you don't know is that I'm already here."
Insanity Bolt on the traitorous backstabber.
Launch Mad Rant!
Combat!
((I was not expecting this to happen on turn 0, this must be Bay 12))
Dansmithers attempts to kill off his partner! Remuthra fights back!

Dansmithers hires an assassin for 5 gold! He loses 5 gold, and it goes to the Assassin's guild's treasury.
He creates an Eldritch Scroll for the Assassin and gives him a small band of his personal Critter Entourage.
He loses 1 Phyche for the spell and a small number of followers.
Remuthra Fires off an Insanity Bolt! 4,2 The spell fails to connect, and he loses 1 Phyche for the Cast.
Remuthra Launches his Mad Rant! 2,5,1,6*4 Vs. 3,2. Dansmithers loses 2 Phyche! Remuthra has used his Mad Rant for this battle.

Combat totals:
Dansmithers: -5 gold, -3 Phyche, -some followers, +Assassin, +Eldritch Scroll.
Remuthra: -1 Phyche, Mad Rant used for this battle.
Assassin's Guild: +5 gold
The Warlock's Guild hall is trashed!

'Convince' a rival gang to clear out of their base.
You try to convince a rival gang to buzz off. 5,6*6*5,2,6*6*6*4. You got 7 successes and a freaking double critical, I am convinced that you must cheat at every game I make. They flee for the hills at the sight of your approach!! You take over the entire gang that was taking up space in the middle of your territory and gain 6 new buildings.

Look where all the parties are at. There's gotta be, like, noblemen around here, right?
You spend time around noblemen's parties, making connections. 1,2,5,6*3. You convince a couple of nobles to help you. You gain +2 votes for the Paladins Guild.

Stealthy begin taking buildings from the goblin mafia
You attempt to take over some territory from the Goblins. 1,4,3 They won't listen to you, so you walk around the back and attempt to sneak inside. 1,6*2,5,3,1 You successfully evade detection and make your way to the house holder. 5,5 You successfully Assassinate the Goblin, and the house falls under your control! You take two buildings from the Goblin Mafia. One of which is a Market house.

Move in to a few lesser rivals and bash their heads in if they treat the people badly or invite to join with those that don't. Intents to take said buildings.
You head toward a lesser rival group who settled in the center of your territory. You see that they are (6) actually pretty understanding people. 3,4 They aren't willing to part with their spot, however, so you challenge the leader to a duel. 5,2 Vs. 5,3. He dodges and counter-attacks. 2,3 He misses! You attack again. 3,2 You miss! 2,6*6*1 Critical Vs. 2,5,5. He knocks you down, but fails to injure you. 6*2,3 Vs. 6*5,6*2. Critical He kicks you back down! 1,2 Fumble He trips himself! 6*3,4. You hit him while he's down! You are the first to land a hit, and he concedes. You take over the small rival group, and add 3 buildings to the Fighter's Guild.

Sneak into one of the buildings on the south-west border of my territory, one currently owned by both Paladins and the Goblin Mafia, but unowned by any mage faction (brown not gray), next to the yellow dots on the map. Trick the current residents into working for me, and then take it over.
((I assume by "yellow dots" you mean the Market stalls in the dark grass"))
You find a pair of buildings that meet your exact specifications, and they are also right on your border, and they are both Market Houses as well, score! You attempt to convince the owners to work for you, seeing a good political opportunity with the other factions already in place. 1,1 Fumble They laugh in your face. You use your Turncoat power! 4,5,3. Well, they sure changed their minds quickly. You gain 2 new buildings, both of which are Market Houses.

Round up a few fine bloodthirsty paladins and take over that little grey building directly to the east from the Rogues' Guild Hall.
You round up some righteous might and take a nice morning walk. 5,1,2,1,3. You break down the front door and proclaim the new ownership. They don't put up a fight. You gain 1 building, which is a Market House.

NPC TURNS:
OREOSOME talks to some goblins across the street from dewboy's assassination attempt. 1,2 Fumble They are unimpressed. 4,4,3. He then fails to strike the Goblin. They remain unimpressed.

The two Warriors try to capture some nearby territory. 2,6*5. One convinces some neutral houses to join them. 2,3. The other fails, and comes out swinging. 3,1,4. He fails still. The Warriors gain 2 houses.

The NPC Fighter attempts to claim a neutral house. 5,6*5. He easily convinces them to join. The Fighters gain 4 houses.

The NPC Rouge tries to capture a neutral house. 3,5 Success! The Rouges gain 2 houses.

The NPC Wizard tries to subvert some nearby Market Houses. 2,6*2. He gains control of 2 Market Houses.

The NPC Sorcerer tries to gain some new Market Houses. 1,2 Fumble He is laughed at. 6*2,3. His attempts at some sly sorcery, however, was nothing to laugh at. He gains 2 Market Houses.

Xantalos the Wizard shall attempt to gain some Market Houses for his Guild. 2,6*6*2. He successfully convert 3 Market Houses to his causes.

Total Turn: Territory                 Income                 Treasury                   Players                                   
Warriors:       82                         35                         35                         None                               
Fighters:       96                         42                         42                 Maxinum McDreich                       
Paladins:        74                        11                        10                 Harry Baldman, HmH    (+2 Votes)               

Rouges:         76                        43                        43                        kj1225                     
Assassins:      58                        15                        19                 OREOSOME, dewboy                               

Warlocks:       55                        8                           8              Remuthra, Dansmithers                       
Wizards:         71                        7                           2                       Xantalos                         
Sorcerers:       73                        8                           4                       flabort             

Spoiler: Melee (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thieves (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mages (click to show/hide)

Sorry, Xantalos, I had to post this while I could. 
The Derail Thread

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2013, 01:44:48 am »

While my assasin takes care of Remuthra, go and pressure citizens into renting Guild territory, or converting to the Guild.
"Buy now, while the forms are still remotely conceivable by man!"
Siggy Siggy Hole!

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2013, 01:47:22 am »

Use Turncoat on the owners of some more houses between the Sorcerers and that cult controlled zone south of us. This should be squarely in the middle of Paladin Territory, so try to convince them to clear out the cult for me.

I figured those were market houses, but wasn't sure. Welp, now I am.
Secondly: Warlocks! How could you start infighting when The Dividing Force hasn't even started taking you apart from the inside? You're doing my job for me! :p

A drakon stood in front of the base of the Sorceror Guild.
Sorcerors! I would treat with you.
A kobold steps out of the shadows behind the drakon.
"You are a long ways from home, Wizard. What would you be wanting from us?"

Edit again: Have my ally take some of the market houses on the north side of the market.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 12:24:51 am by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Dansmithers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2013, 01:50:05 am »

Firstly, I intend to rule this city with a scaly iron fist.
Secondly, infighting is the Warlock way.
Siggy Siggy Hole!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37